Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:44:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Four Lions Poster Winners

Started by Neil, September 20, 2010, 03:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Really need to get caught up on site work, and it's time I got winners picked out, and sent these off.  I have now also been given three copies of Disgusting Bliss, and three copies of the Four Lions DVD to give away as well, to promote the launch of the DVD/Blu-ray. 

There was an instant poster giveaway on the twitter, so I have four unsigned posters left, and one signed one. 

First winner:

Quote from: Name withheldDear CaB,

Please may I have a Four Lions poster (preferably signed) as my wife is heavily pregnant and the bitch won't let me go to the cinema.  Something about the last time we went it was too loud and the baby kept kicking her in the ribs and it hurt all the next day etc. etc. ad infinitum.  So now just because she has been careless enough to fall pregnant I have to have my life ruined as well.  It is not fair and I am deeply unhappy with the situation but it could be made better by having a poster to frame and hang in the kids bedroom which I can look at when I am undoubtedly woken during the night and forced to carry out some form of task involving shit.

Thanks,  your understanding is appreciated.

Neil

Second winner:

Quote from: TeacherHi!
I'd LOVE a Four Lions poster, to display in my classroom as a discussion piece alongside my Taxi Driver poster and an 8ft inflatable Shrek (I can provide photographic proof!)
Cheers, Neil.

Quote from: MePlease do provide proof.

Quote from: TeacherHere's a photo taken a few weeks ago. (Please don't use the photo for promo purposes as schools get silly about pictures of pupils!) I'd also like to clarify that I am a Science teacher (not media studies) who used the Brass Eye Science Special in class with the pupils years ago.
Cheers and thanks for your interest! Neil.

This submission was received long before my 'they should teach (about) comedy in schools' thread, so how can I resist? 

Neil

Third winner - one more unsigned poster to give away, and then finally the signed poster:

Quote from: An tSaoiI have no musical, vocal or literary talent, so I've done a comic instead.

I love An tSaoi's cartoonish representation of himself.

Neil

Fifth poster is going out to the twitterer, so that just leaves the final prize - a Four Lions poster signed by Chris Morris. 

Quote from: JPAHi Neil,

I think may have wildly misinterpreted your call for something 'fun and creative' because looking at the recent reminder thread leads me to believe you're looking for something verbal or written perhaps? Well regardless - I've followed the 'creative' guideline at least, so my entry is as follows:

'I think I should win the signed Four Lions poster because...'

...I'm probably the only person who has hand-drawn and produced the design for a promotional Four Lions cereal box, and not only that - I've even made the damn thing... Please see attached images.

I'll go through a few little pieces of detail, just in case the scans weren't clear. The starting point was obviously the Honey Monster Costume worn by Omar in the film, leading me on to adapt the Sugar Puffs packet.

On the front you'll see we have the (poor imitation) Honey Monster featured, and I've filled his bowl with Sim Cards given their edible nature in the film. 'Four Lions' replaces the Sugar Puffs name, with the puff handily doubling as a cloud of smoke...

The arabic you see at the bottom (hopefully) reads 'Sweeter than honey', which I thought was a nice touch.

The actual Sugar Puffs packet features puzzles on the back - they've been adapted so we get a puzzle about bottles of bleach and 'fuck mini babybel' rendered as an anagram in fridge magnets. The puzzles are presented by a helpful Party Puffin.

On side one I've listed the 'ingredients' as bits and pieces from the film - e.g 'bombs, berks and sheep (-1)'. One little detail to also note on this side is that the number underneath the barcode is the release date for the film.

On to side two. Here is where cereals advertise other cereals made by the same company (Honey Waffles I think in this case), so here I've depicted another Chris Morris product - the Jam DVD. Chosen largely as it fitted with the food theme. I also have a section here about health and fitness which I've seen a lot of cereals do, here the exericise suggestions are things which occur in the film 'have a water-fight with your family!' 'Enter a fun run - fantastic exercise and all for a good cause!'

The base is pretty self explanatory, the eyes of Omars Honey Monster costume.And the lid again features the films opening date where the sell by date is. So there you go.

I've reduced the size of my scans down, as I designed it all to full size cereal packet scale, and as you'll see in the photos as I've actually made one, as well as drawing it.

Anyway, my fingers are crossed - also my apologies for clogging up your inbox with large emails.

All the best,

James (JPA)

Amazing entry, and a well deserved win.  Thank you to everyone who submitted entries for the competition.

Little Hoover

That cereal box would make a better prize than a poster. An tSaoi's comic is great as well.

I'm fucked if I can join those bleach bottles. Is this possible?

Anyway - that's truly excellent. A deserved winner.

I'm a little annoyed that I didn't win, 'cause I really wanted the prize, but then I couldn't even be arsed to think of something, let alone spend time making it, so I've really only got myself to blame.

An tSaoi

Cheers Neil!

That cereal box concept is inspired JPA.

Quote from: Benjie Trufflesnort on September 20, 2010, 05:10:06 PM
I'm fucked if I can join those bleach bottles. Is this possible?

Anyway - that's truly excellent. A deserved winner.

I'm a little annoyed that I didn't win, 'cause I really wanted the prize, but then I couldn't even be arsed to think of something, let alone spend time making it, so I've really only got myself to blame.
Heres my solution
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5913/solution1.jpg

Little Hoover

And the phrase is "fuck mini babybel"

Do I win anything?

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on September 20, 2010, 07:54:57 PM
Heres my solution
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5913/solution1.jpg

Arses! I quite literally failed to think outside the box there - not even once considering drawing a line which went past the outer bottles.

weirdbeard

Wow, the comic and the cereal box are amazing!

JPA

Thanks for the kind words, absolutely delighted to win!

AsparagusTrevor

I feel like colouring that cereal box in, printing out and assembling loads of them and planting them at the supermarket next time I go shopping.

placeholder

You mean you're not already doing that?

AsparagusTrevor

Gimmie chance, I've only just finished putting ricin in all the real Sugar Puff boxes.