Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:34:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris on Jimmy Fallon (2010)

Started by up_the_hampipe, September 02, 2012, 04:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

A few years ago, before Four Lions emerged, I would shuffle through the internet attempting to find any snippets or pinches of Chris Morris out of character, a miniture interview, an off-set picture, anything. I found a few scrapings here and there, an interview on a website that didn't quite seem legitimate, a very VERY small audio clip of Morris speaking posthumously about Peter Cook. Other than that, the Morris code had yet to be cracked.

Fast forward to now, and since Four Lions has had both UK and US promotions, Morris has thrust himself into the public light, casting off his introverted persona. Much of it is fairly normal, newspaper interviews, film festival Q&As. Then there's some truly bizarre stuff. A couple of months ago, I listened to Chris Morris on the Opie & Anthony Show, where they managed to look like complete oafs trying to communicate their love for the movie.

Last night, I found this, Chris Morris as a guest on Jimmy Fallon. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever expect to see Morris on a show like this, especially not Fallon. It's a couple of minutes, and was quite anxious viewing due to the transatlantic bridges in understanding.

I don't know why I'm sharing this, it just interested me greatly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFPQoRIAdv8

DJ Solid Snail

Well there's tons of print interviews, on this very website in fact: http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?page=cabkbcat

There's also that Q&A he did at Brighton (I think?) University.

The Fallon appearance is great but weirdly and annoyingly brief.

momatt

Quote from: liulugoommohome on December 10, 2012, 07:53:52 AM
I am jovial with sense of hospitality and humour. Like walking under rain and sunshine.Seeking for a relationship that can last for a better future.

What a lovely attitude to have.  Not sure what the second part meant though.
Are you hitting on me?

Thunderlips

Hello,

I can't find this Chris Morris-Jimmy Fallon interview anywhere.

YouTube have taken it down, and no other video sites seem to have it.  Jimmy Fallon's archive on NBC has also mostlybeen removed since he left Late Night and took over from Leno.

So, has anyone around here got a copy of the interview to share?

Thanks,

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Thunderlips on April 29, 2014, 09:07:09 PM
Hello,

I can't find this Chris Morris-Jimmy Fallon interview anywhere.

YouTube have taken it down, and no other video sites seem to have it.  Jimmy Fallon's archive on NBC has also mostlybeen removed since he left Late Night and took over from Leno.

So, has anyone around here got a copy of the interview to share?

Thanks,

You're not missing much, to be honest. If memory serves the interview was only about 5 minutes long and he just briefly summarised the film and repeated a couple of real life "bumbling terrorist" anecdotes that he'd already told in various interviews. Then Fallon threw a bunch of Brass Eye and Nathan Barley dvds out into the audience, I think. It's interesting just for the weirdness of seeing Morris on a U.S. talk show, but there's nothing particularly insightful.

Thomas

Yeah, you really need only look at this picture -

- while listening to one of the many interviews on YouTube. Except for this one, which drifts into some pretty interesting territory.

Thunderlips

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on April 29, 2014, 10:01:13 PM...It's interesting just for the weirdness of seeing Morris on a U.S. talk show...

That's exactly why I want to witness it!

El Unicornio, mang

I remember he was preceded by Scarlett Johansson, and there was a bit with him standing around with everyone (including Toots and the Maytals) at the end.

The full episode is on torrent sites but it doesn't look like anyone is seeding it anymore

Edit: two people are sharing 85% of it. You can sometimes salvage enough to make it watchable at that amount, I'll see what it's like

Edit 2: Yeah, the interview is mostly intact, but unfortunately the audio cuts out on the show about halfway through due to it being an incomplete file. Here's Morris with Toots though

and Scarlett Johansson playing violin, just because Scarlett Johansson

benthalo

I've got an xvid of the full show filed away if people are desperate. Message me privately or something and I'll fish it out.

Amazing how things like this get hard to find so quickly. Makes me feel so much better about my hoarding problem.

thenoise

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on May 02, 2014, 05:31:12 AM
and Scarlett Johansson playing violin, just because Scarlett Johansson

You'd think somebody might have told her how to hold it at least.

Jamesieab

Quote from: thenoise on May 04, 2014, 03:59:21 PM
You'd think somebody might have told her how to hold it at least.

They all know how to hold it when I've finished with them.

momatt

Quote from: benthalo on May 02, 2014, 10:57:58 PM
Deleted in a week, or sooner: https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/491ef4a3b13c4ef2503d4473e3781a1d20140502212621/186d5a

Thanks for the upload, most kind of you.

Jimmy Fallon is fucking rubbish though isn't he.  I couldn't believe that the first 20 minutes of the show didn't even have any guests in it, just Jimmy messing about and his utterly mirthless vampire spoof.
He's got this horrid dead-behind-the-eyes look too, yet desperate to please and amuse.  Never liked him.

Anyway, the 5 minutes of Chris Morris was great, as he managed to constantly outclass the interrupting wanker.
Terrible interviewing technique, perhaps even worse and more self-obsessed than Jonathan Ross.  If you've got one of the biggest actresses in the world sat in front of you, why talk about some tedious evening drinking in a dull hotel?

ericbernard

Hello,

Could someone please re-upload this episode I'm dying to watch it and can't find anywhere else :(

Would be much appreciated

Thank you

<3

Josef K

Sorry for the bump but I was wondering if anyone still has this. Can't find a working link online!
Many thanks

Namtab

Another bump here to ask if anyone has this?

momatt

I'll have a look.  Feel free to PM me if I forget.

Namtab

Appears to have been on YouTube for seven years but have never been able to find it before. Shorter than I was expecting, but lived up to the surreal and awkward promise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeiIGryciL0

Glebe

Quote from: Namtab on December 31, 2017, 11:29:14 AMAppears to have been on YouTube for seven years but have never been able to find it before. Shorter than I was expecting, but lived up to the surreal and awkward promise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeiIGryciL0

Fantastic Namtab, have as much Imaginary Karma as y'please! Being wanting to see that for a long time.

MikeShaft

After watching that, a clip I'd never seen before of Morris on CBS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkLYDo6x8-w
Much of it is the same anecdotes he was using to promote this film at the time, but there are some great moments.
I particularly like when the presenter misunderstands the point about the jihadist's wife and almost says "Good for her!"
Watch Morris flex as he realises he best not jump in and correct.

EDIT - etiquete? Is this deserving of a new thread in here? Didn't want to make one if it's been posted before. Feel free to move Admin type people.

Mango Chimes

Fallon's reaction to the story of someone being killed in an horrific fashion, like it's a cute story about a baby saying something funny, is truly odd.