Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,479
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:55:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Little & Large Xmas special 1980. Extraordinary.

Started by Brundle-Fly, December 22, 2012, 02:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sydward Lartle

I'd rather see Syd and Eddie on Christmas day than that creepy Rankin-Bass animated version of Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer, that's for sure. That fucking snowman... eugh.

EDIT Well, that was worth a new page, wasn't it.

Sydward Lartle

Old news, I'm afraid. They actually reunited for a charity performance last year.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

JoeyBananaduck

I wonder what anyone reckons to the chances of a full scale reunion of some sorts. A TV special? Probably not I guess, but I don't see why not either. A tour, probably no. Eddie's health and all that. Panto? A short season somewhere? Come on lads, while you're both still with us!

Norton Canes

DrGreggles

I've been trying to write a play about them, which I was aiming to complete in time for the Edinburgh Festival... 2016.

Sydward Lartle

If anything, I think a Little and Large Sketchbook type thing, similar to the one the Two Ronnies undertook shortly before big Ronnie kicked the bucket, would be best suited to their abilities, what with Eddie's precarious health and all that.

Fantastically, next year will mark the fortieth anniversary of their debut on the BBC, so let's hope some fucker at the corporation pulls their finger out and makes this happen. And it must contain the Roger Daltrey sketches. By law.

Glebe

Did this incredible piece of modern art awhile ago and I don't believe I posted it:

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Glebe on May 22, 2017, 01:59:41 PM
Did this incredible piece of modern art awhile ago and I don't believe I posted it:

Awful tie Eddeh is wearing.

JoeyBananaduck

I think this may not have been posted before - a tantalising 4 or 5 mini-segments of everyone's favourite pair of japesters on 'Who Do You Do?' Witness Eddie 'The Man Of 3 or 4 Voices' Large at the peak of him mimicking powers! They first show up about 3 mins in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mHphsm54lU

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on June 12, 2017, 12:37:52 PM
I think this may not have been posted before - a tantalising 4 or 5 mini-segments of everyone's favourite pair of japesters on 'Who Do You Do?' Witness Eddie 'The Man Of 3 or 4 Voices' Large at the peak of him mimicking powers! They first show up about 3 mins in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mHphsm54lU

Some quite fun impressions in there. Surprising how many Hollywood film star impersonations get a look in too. You don't get any of the new mimics taking on the likes of Boris Karloff and Jimmy Cagney these days.

bomb_dog

And... you actually get Syd doing an impression of Hank Marvin, around 11 mins in. Stick to the day job, Syd.

Oh, you did. Sorry.

DrGreggles

Nothing to add. I just don't like this not being on page 1.

Phil_A

Really gutted at the loss of tags from this thread, it was the absolute cream of tagging. Eddie leads the crowd in a chorus of "Slit your wrists, Syd" is one that often makes me smile at inopportune moments.

Norton Canes

Glebe

I wonder if Syd and Eddie were ever invited to an orgy?

DrGreggles

Quote from: Glebe on July 14, 2017, 01:39:07 PM
I wonder if Syd and Eddie were ever invited to an orgy?

They were. But neither RSVPed.

Brundle-Fly

And Eddie would put Syd off his stroke with his constant "comoedia interruptus"

doppelkorn

They wouldn't be allowed as two single blokes. Sid would have had to go as the lady. There's a whole series of sketches in this concept. Barry Cryer if you're reading this PM re. costs.

Glebe

Quote from: doppelkorn on July 14, 2017, 02:32:32 PMThey wouldn't be allowed as two single blokes. Sid would have had to go as the lady. There's a whole series of sketches in this concept. Barry Cryer if you're reading this PM re. costs.

yesitsme

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 15, 2017, 01:11:35 PM
I've been trying to write a play about them, which I was aiming to complete in time for the Edinburgh Festival... 2016.

Have you ever seen 'Hurricane'?  You could just swap the snooker references for Deputy Dawg and instead of Alex beconing his wife and daughter down at the end you could have Syd going 'Good night Syd!'

The rest writes itself.

DrGreggles

Quote from: yesitsme on August 02, 2017, 12:37:03 PM
Have you ever seen 'Hurricane'?  You could just swap the snooker references for Deputy Dawg and instead of Alex beconing his wife and daughter down at the end you could have Syd going 'Good night Syd!'

The rest writes itself.

Fringe 2018 is suddenly looking up!

Glebe

The Cliff Richard Megamix appeared to have been removed from YouTube for awhile, but now it's back!

Oops! Wrong Planet

Quote from: Glebe on August 29, 2017, 01:34:29 AM
The Cliff Richard Megamix appeared to have been removed from YouTube for awhile, but now it's back!

Family entertainment at its very veriest. Eddie's the spit of Neil from Wet Hot American Summer there.

bomb_dog

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 28, 2017, 09:10:49 PM

I can't believe this thread hasn't been bumped earlier with all the tales from the Iain Lee interview show. Did anyone actually go?

JoeyBananaduck

Stone me! I never even saw that post. Damn it.

Glebe

Quote from: Oops! Wrong Planet on August 29, 2017, 02:49:58 AMFamily entertainment at its very veriest. Eddie's the spit of Neil from Wet Hot American Summer there.

It really shows how L&L were great dramatic players, as there are few gags throughout, by and 'Large'!

Syd turns into Olive Oyl (for no good reason), and yet Eddie turns down the opportunity to do his classic Popeye in favour of a Paul Daniels impression? As pointed out before, the "Get away!" bit with Eddie disappearing is a reference to a series of Lunn Poly ads. The 'Baa, baa-baa-baa-baa' bit is, of course, the unassailable highlight of this classic sketch, and yet the 'Carrie' bit is actually a genuinely decent gag!

There's absolutely no explanation for the appearance of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, and how on earth is the Native American man shooting those arrows into Syd's dartboard guitar without tearing the screen he's standing behind (great Jim Bowen impression btw, Syd!) Olivia Newton-John appearance because a 'Body Talk'/'We Don't Talk Anymore' head-scratching gag. Lovely straight rendition of that Cliff classic to finish on, lads!

I'll tell you something, they certainly knew how to put on a big musical finale, it certainly shows up rank amateurs such as The Two Ronnies!

Chriddof

Remember that weird, eerie toilet paper ad that Eddie and Supersonic were in? Another one from the same campaign's turned up! It's from the middle of an upload of an old ad break from ATV, and the ad itself isn't as eerie at its conclusion this time, though the version of Brian Eno's "Slow Water" used in the ad right after it - for cooking oil, of all things - fair did give me the shivers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaLCuHviFEQ (skip to 1:35)

The rest of the ad break is worth looking at too.