Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:55:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tags

Started by Jumble Cashback, December 29, 2012, 05:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumble Cashback

Seems the old tags thread has reached critical mass: http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=22926.1980

Oh, well - as you were.

Ambient Sheep

Congratulations and curses to you, greencalx, for posting:

"Seekers of Dummy-era Portishead rarities leave thread disappointed"

in Shallow Times, thus rendering my planned:

"Fans of hitherto unknown Human League remixes leave thread disappointed"

redundant.  So I'm posting it here instead.  Git.  Happy New Year.  :-)

greencalx

Errr, thanks.

Which now means that whenever I enter a thread and find someone has tagged what I was thinking I'll now have to look up the culprit and big them up to spread the love.

Happy cocking new year to you too.

Ambient Sheep

Sorry. :-(

Yours was better, anyway.

Johnny Townmouse

P'ntang, Dang, Kippertang in the Fanny Abuse thread

Neil

I laughed out loud at "it's fanny because it's eww."

Neil

I don't get the kipperbang tag, although I see it's a film, and it keeps making me want to add "walla walla bing bang."

Edit: oh right, poontang and fish smell.

Phil_A

From the Splash! thread:

"Ah-aaah! Flings of the unwatchable"

Nice work.

Johnny Townmouse

Quote from: Neil on January 05, 2013, 10:50:33 PM
I don't get the kipperbang tag, although I see it's a film, and it keeps making me want to add "walla walla bing bang."

Edit: oh right, poontang and fish smell.

I mainly enjoyed how awkward it is as a 'pun', and the fact that I adore the film.

Buelligan

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rock Star Super SleuthI hate the fucking Eagles, man!
in The Hobbit thread.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

QuoteObvious tag leaves thread feeling too obvious even for this place.
From the Music for Walking thread.

Mister Six

"A Warning From Cis Tory" - amazing tag in the 'Julie Burchell: A Warning from History' thread. Brilliant work.

Jumble Cashback

Just noticed "Michael Barrymore Thread" in the 'Celebrity Death Pool' topic.  Very nice.

jenna appleseed

Thomas

'drive a car you crying cunt' in the 'Snow Wimp' thread made me laugh. I think it's the use of the word 'crying'.

Kane Jones

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on January 01, 2013, 12:43:38 AM
Congratulations and curses to you, greencalx, for posting:

How do you know who posted which tag?  I always assumed the whole point of the tags was to be a snide and sneaky cunt with no repercussions.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Kane Jones on January 18, 2013, 12:14:24 PM
How do you know who posted which tag?  I always assumed the whole point of the tags was to be a snide and sneaky cunt with no repercussions.

1) Hover your mouse over the tag and make a mental note of the six-digit Tag ID which appears at the end of the URL
2) Click on the [Who Tagged It?] link at the end of the list of tags
3) Type the six-digit Tag ID in the field under Judge Judy's disapproving face
4) Click the Who Tagged It? button
5) Click on the Member number under the picture of Judge Judy's Mrs Doyle impression
6) Profit!

Tags were originally anonymous, but Neil hacked in a way of looking up the author after a clutch of particularly cunty tags appeared on certain threads. It's nice to be able to congratulate people for quality taggage too.

Kane Jones

Ahh, cheers Pseudopath.

Jackson K Pollock

The ALL-CAPS tags on the Paddy McGuinness thread had me laughing like a loon.

They're not big and they're not clever.

And as such, they hilariously reflect the work of McGuinness himself. Aaaahhhh...

Nuclear Optimism

Yay I got mentioned!

Johnny Townmouse

I would just like to point out the tag "Don't make me Angle" in the Hulk photoshop thread.

It is by me, and I can assure you I will never do a better tag. I will no doubt be given props for some decent effort in the future, but that will be a poisoned chalice, for this tag has gone unrecognised (other than some positive karma from mbedd).

That tag works on at least two different levels. It is a very good tag.

Spoiler alert
As a way to make me look like less of a twat:
[close]
Hey! What tags have you done that are genius but didn't get nominated in this thead, huh?

Sam

I wrote the tag 'radishes, pea shoots' in the 'Rehashses, reboots' thread over in Movies. I'm inordinately pleased with that one. Every tag I write I hope to see in here but I've never been mentioned. It's a crying shame.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sam on January 23, 2013, 08:14:37 PM
I wrote the tag 'radishes, pea shoots' in the 'Rehashses, reboots' thread over in Movies. I'm inordinately pleased with that one. Every tag I write I hope to see in here but I've never been mentioned. It's a crying shame.

true dat

The Masked Unit

In one of the numerous threads by the [banned troll] imposter I tagged "aspy's life" which I was very pleased with.

holyzombiejesus

I liked that someone had tagged the 'DEAD NOW - the mourning and grieving thread' with 'Bed now - the morning and evening thread'. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...

Smeraldina Rima

Dead kate moss

Quote from: Johnny Townmouse on January 23, 2013, 07:23:24 PM
I would just like to point out the tag "Don't make me Angle" in the Hulk photoshop thread.

I don't really get it, beyond 'don't make me angry' or possibly 'Ang Lee' too. What am I missing?

Johnny Townmouse

Quote from: Dead kate moss on January 23, 2013, 09:07:34 PM
I don't really get it, beyond 'don't make me angry' or possibly 'Ang Lee' too. What am I missing?

It refers to the action required in Photoshop to make this happen (the first image in the original thread by Ziggy):

Although the fact that practically nobody else angled the image goes some way to explain the lack of a nomination.

Serge

I asked Sinéad O'Connor but she was very unhelpful in the matter in 'To whom have you been compared?' Bravo, Consignia!

rudi

Advertising your own tags? That's all sorts of non-U round here, kids...