Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,174
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:28:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Twin Peaks season 3?

Started by Stone Cold Jane Austen, January 03, 2013, 04:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Translation from a Dutch article (for those hoping there's still a dose of humour):

"What we can say firmly that Twin Peaks same look and 'feel' as the original. Horror and humor go hand in hand, this season. In the cinema laughed at the right time - but especially by the present actors and technical staff, and a little too hard."

Rev

Quote from: Skip Bittman on May 20, 2017, 10:58:14 PM
The director and a lot of the people who watch it. It's fantastic! Captures the vibe of being in a club with the music too loud rather than a movie with actors talking and pretending to dance to music that isn't really there and is added later. Earlier video releases had a much crappier mix that kind of butchered the theatrical version.

That's exactly what the subtitles rob for me in that scene, though - the feeling that you're not quite sure if you've caught what people are saying properly.  The first version I saw was the UK rental video, which is different to later releases in a few ways, but if the mix was bad it didn't make the scene any less striking.  Having it spelled out that Jacques is saying 'I am the great went' takes something away for me, but whatevs.

EDIT:  and 'garmonbozia' is subtitled as 'garmbonbozia (pain and sorrow)' what the fuck?

Rev

Anyway, to focus on something that Skip kindly linked:

'The new opening credits may have some viewers reaching for the Dramamine.'

It's a small thing but how they're handling the opening titles has almost become a greater curiosity than the show itself.  Bung all the cast up so it looks like a Kickstarter backer credit, or credit nobody and go with a title card?  Dramamine is a drug used for motion sickness.

popcorn

"And if you feel goosebumps as you read that, good. That's good.

You're going to need them."

Going to need the goosebumps? For what?

Shaky

Quote from: Rev on May 21, 2017, 12:26:08 AM
Anyway, to focus on something that Skip kindly linked:

'The new opening credits may have some viewers reaching for the Dramamine.'

It's a small thing but how they're handling the opening titles has almost become a greater curiosity than the show itself.  Bung all the cast up so it looks like a Kickstarter backer credit, or credit nobody and go with a title card?  Dramamine is a drug used for motion sickness.

Wonder if the credits use some of the drone footage we saw a couple of years ago?

Reading the very vague "spoilers" in the Yahoo article has me even more excited now. Holy shit. Can't wait.

a peepee tipi

Binged the series when the revival was first announced and really enjoyed (a good deal of) it. Just saw FWWM for the first time last night, absolute nightmare. Loved it and really feeling the hype now, can't wait for the premiere

Repeater

So by Tuesday night we'll be able to download episodes 1 to 4 yeah? Next week 3 and 4 will be available I assume. So are we waiting 2 weeks from tomorrow for episode 5 yeah?

Custard

It did surprise me how loud the music was turned up in the club scene in FWWM and how long it goes on for, but it does a great job of building the tension and discomfort. It's also disgusting, with sweaty fatty bloke going on about Laura's "muffin"

ONE DAY TO GO

a peepee tipi

Quote from: Shameless Custard on May 21, 2017, 09:22:45 AM
It did surprise me how loud the music was turned up in the club scene in FWWM and how long it goes on for, but it does a great job of building the tension and discomfort. It's also disgusting, with sweaty fatty bloke going on about Laura's "muffin"
Yeah, my God. Absolutely stomach churning.

Sgt. Duckie

Does anybody know what time this starts on NowTV?

Shame the spoiler tags are down for such an event.

Thursday

So hang on, I'm a old, old (30) man that's not aware of what's going on anymore.

Is this NOWTV thing going to be a simple way of watching this legally, online? How much is it going to end up costing altogether?

chocky909

It's showing on Sky Atlantic over here at the same time as it's being shown in the USA so that's 2am tonight/tomorrow morning. Episodes 1 and 2. You can get Sky Atlantic via Now TV.

I doubt I'm going to stay up and watch live and only get 3 and a half hours of sleep. Maybe if I didn't have work it would've been fun.

Thomas

I'm really excited. Don't know how I'll be able to watch it, mind. Hopefully it'll just come to me in a dream.

I will be avoiding the internet in its entirety once these first two episodes have been broadcast, until I somehow manage to catch up.

garbed_attic

Quote from: Thursday on May 21, 2017, 12:23:49 PM
So hang on, I'm a old, old (30) man that's not aware of what's going on anymore.

Is this NOWTV thing going to be a simple way of watching this legally, online? How much is it going to end up costing altogether?

I am also an old, old (30) man who needs to know this.

Phil_A

Quote from: Thursday on May 21, 2017, 12:23:49 PM

I think the most basic package(which has Sky Atlantic included) is about £7 a month.

Skip Bittman

Well, it leaked early for a while in Italy and pics are doing the rounds. I am twitching a bit. Certainly not looking for torrents just to watch it 12 hours early or anything.

Ja'moke

I'm trying to avoid everything now. I'll be staying up to watch the first two parts tonight because I'll be immediately writing my recap for Yahoo TV, then I'll sleep most of tomorrow and watch Parts 3 and 4 when I wake up. The life!

My wife and I watched Fire Walk With Me last night and it gave us both nightmares. I never thought I'd say this but I might wait a bit before plunging into the new series. I'll just have to be extra careful avoiding spoilers.

Custard

I do kinda love that there will be people who aren't really fans or who have never seen Peaks before who will be tuning in just through hype, and will probably be bombarded with an impenetrable Lynch nightmare

I can't remember a TV event as exciting as this. The second season premiere of Lost, maybe. The final episode of The Sopranos.

This is big

chocky909

Telegraph reporting that Sky will be showing episodes 3&4 at 4am tonight immediately after episodes 1&2. The Listings for Sky Atlantic show only 1&2 though.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/05/19/twin-peaks-return-sky-show-first-four-episodes-back-back/

What's the freaking score here?

NoSleep

I thought they would be made available (presumably for streaming) after 1 & 2 were shown, rather than broadcast.

buntyman

I signed up to nowtv last night for a total of £5 for 3 months. I think it's exclusive to chromecast users but i'm fairly sure there'd be a way around that.

Edit - Here's a link if you want said offer: http://www.nowtv.com/chromecastents?voucherCode=NOWD6HFQFD66AK

Thursday

There's a 14 day free trial offer and a 2 months for the price of 1 offer. Not sure if you'll still be able to get the 2 months for 1 offer after you've already had the 14 day trial?

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: NoSleep on May 21, 2017, 03:56:27 PM
I thought they would be made available (presumably for streaming) after 1 & 2 were shown, rather than broadcast.

Yeah, I think they'll be available on-demand after the premiere airs. I hope so. I'm sure there will be some *shifty eyes, looks around* illegitimate means to watch those episodes by tomorrow anyway.

Ja'moke

Yep, Part 3 and 4 will be up on Sky On Demand at 4:01am.

Sgt. Duckie

I just saw the new opening credits. Sheer heaven. They are on instagram after a cock up with the Italian Sky network who ran the first two episodes ahead of schedule. Thankfully no spoilers and I am now truly pumped.

Mister Six

buntyman

I think 4 episodes is too many to be released in one go. I'm never going to be able to watch them all tomorrow so i'll be having to avoid spoilers and not be able to discuss first impressions as everyone will be at different stages.

Ja'moke

Could we put discussion of Parts 3 and 4 in a separate thread until spoiler tags return?

chocky909

Could be worse. Could've been a Netflix all-at-once type affair! Those are great unless it's a hotly anticipated and talked about thing with spoilers that will be impossible to avoid. You'd better book a couple of days off in that case and just do the requisite binge.