Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:20:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

15 Storeys High and Sean Lock

Started by clingfilm portent, July 02, 2013, 05:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulftastic

This is the only thread I could find, the show begins a repeat run on Gold tonight. Just thought I'd let folks know.

BPFHAY

The episode with Errol getting a job at the fish market is such a standout episode of what is a great show even at the worst of times. Is it the same episode that contains Blue Rat? If so, amazing.

Come and wipe yer hands on me coat!

Danger Man

Quote from: BPFHAY on September 19, 2014, 07:16:06 PM
Is it the same episode that contains Blue Rat?

It is.

One of the finest 30 minutes of sitcom ever.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Stoneage Dinosaurs

"Errol, I need you to come and sex these whitebait."

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

All the energy of a rat, trapped in a can.

Utter Shit

Martin Trenaman is one of those guys who is brilliant in everything he's in, but has somehow never really hit the mainstream. He's one of the leads in Phoneshop (which is great btw, give it a go if you've dismissed it as being yoof-shite) but flies under the radar a bit. CUMCLEENHANONACEWTTTT...AAAAAAAH

Utter Shit

Also, the jealous boyfriend (played by Cavan Clerkin, another great undercarder like Trenaman!)'s reaction to drinking swimming pool bleach is incredible. Oh God no that's horrible...oh it's really strong. Like licorice.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Utter Shit on September 19, 2014, 07:43:27 PM
Also, the jealous boyfriend (played by Cavan Clerkin, another great undercarder like Trenaman!)'s reaction to drinking swimming pool bleach is incredible. Oh God no that's horrible...oh it's really strong. Like licorice.

I always think that line is made by the girlfriend's following line.

"He doesn't like licorice."

I also like the boyfriend's line:
"I warned you once, I warned you twice, I, I warned you trice."

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Sexton Brackets Drugbust on September 19, 2014, 07:48:15 PM
I also like the boyfriend's line:
"I warned you once, I warned you twice, I, I warned you trice."
"That's the last time you'll swing that whistle. You big... swinging whistley wanker."

Ja'moke

It always makes me smile when I see a 15 Storeys High thread. I love that little show so much. It's pretty much a perfect sitcom, from the characters, the point of view, the plotting, and the look, just a joy to watch.

Serge

I bought 'Songs From The Second Floor' a couple of days ago, a Swedish film which Lock cited as an influence on the show. Will report back whenever I get a chance to watch it.

Ja'moke

"Look at her sweet, innocent face. Imagine it really pissed off. I mean really hacked off. Your parents are divorced. Your mother's a bitch. Your pony's gone, and there's no good reason your dad's flat smells of shit."

SimonJT

I love this show, I just rewatched it for the first time in a while a few weeks ago. Everything about it is just pure joy, just reading these posts has cheered me up.

Tuesday

Right, watching them all again. It is just perfect.

Which episode has Mark Lamarr as the human statue?

BPFHAY

The Plough (4th ep of the second series, with the vicar)

Tuesday

Fucking great, that one's up there with Blue Rat. Thanks.

BPFHAY

Did you just move?
Oh great, thanks mate. Thanks. That's all I need, brilliant. That's the icing on the day, you moving around the flat.

Ja'moke

"Oi mate! Your back wheel's going round!"
"It's a plough!"

Oh, I've just remembered one of my all time favourite scenes. It's when they're doing that car-boot sale and Vince knocks back that entire flask of hot tea after a woman inquires how much it is despite it not actually being an item for sale, but he's desperate to make a sale so gulps it down in front of her. Lock's acting is so convincing in that scene that while it's absolutely hilarious it also makes me hot and uncomfortable. 

Guy

The Baby is another excellent episode. Along with Blue Rat and The Plough, I've always felt those three stand comedically taller than the rest of the episodes (fun though they are).

HappyTree

It's been sitting in my Amazon "buy it later" wish list since the first time this thread appeared. Maybe it is now time to take the plunge.

£2.78 from zoverstocks, might be too rich for my blood. Hmm. Ach, sod it. #YOLO

Mr Banlon

The Plough has got to be my favourite episode. The priest belms at Errol and there's France Gall's 'Ne sois pas si bete' playing over Vince and the priest's childish shenanigans.

chocky909

Of all the iterations of 15, the one I've gone back to again and again is 15 Minutes Of Misery. It's probably because of the performances of Kevin Eldon, Hattie Hayridge and Lock himself which was recorded in a very intimate live setting that is totally different to what it mutated into eventually with the two TV series. I love all of the different radio and TV series and how they developed but I do recommend Misery very highly.

Enger-land swings like a pendulum do - Bobbies on bicycles two by two...

BPFHAY

I'll get my dad on you!
You haven't got a dad!
Yes I do!
Not at home.

BritishHobo

I don't know if I could ever get sick of this show. This thread's just convinced me at 2am to give it a tenth/twentieth airing. I only recently got the DVDs, but I've already watched them several times. Along with Grandma's House, it's easily one of the finest British comedies, maybe even comedies, I've ever seen. Almost note perfect.

I'm actually always quite alarmed what a decent guest cast list it has. Toby Jones as the obsessive-compulsive meter man. And since Benedict Wong appears these days to be all about the violent criminal characters, it's always fun to watch him in a film and just see Errol. "Is there such a thing as two litres?"

"It's not just a load of people standing around in cat costumes! We have to sing and dance around, and each cat has an individual character."

Stoneage Dinosaurs

"Spot spot spot spot spot spot DICK.... Spot spot spot spot spot spot spot spot spot. What I want is dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick - few spots - dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick."
"All right, I'll do it with a bit more dick next time."

BPFHAY

Quote from: BritishHobo on September 20, 2014, 01:58:09 AM
Along with Grandma's House, it's easily one of the finest British comedies, maybe even comedies, I've ever seen. Almost note perfect.
And the shocking thing is, these are both already lost. Only comedy enthusiasts remember either of these two shows.

BritishHobo

Aye, it's a shame. At least Grandma's House had the perfect ending - it's really bittersweet to read this thread and learn that Lock had a third series fully written, that we will never get to see. Man.

Joy Nktonga

I wonder if the material could be re-worked into a single stage-show? That'd be well worth going to see. Probably enough to get me to leave the house for something other than doctor's/hospital/Sainsbury's. Come on Locke, get it sorted.

Tuesday

Quote from: Guy on September 20, 2014, 12:44:33 AM
The Baby is another excellent episode. Along with Blue Rat and The Plough, I've always felt those three stand comedically taller than the rest of the episodes (fun though they are).

I'd add Car Boot and Pigeon Shit.