Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:16:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter (new Jon Glaser/PFFR pilot)

Started by Petey Pate, May 09, 2014, 09:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I think a lot of food is quite absurd when you consider that its purpose is primarily nutrition and then pleasure, and humans often fail to provide either with our food preparation. The thurrito was probably the greatest example I've seen but stuff like man vs food is beyond satire. It's one of the levels of hell.

Garam

Food in America is absurd and fetishised.

If you don't laugh, you'll cry etc...

Fuck me I have laughed so hard at this. It's one of those shows I'm excited about rewatching purely because it'll get even better.

There's too many great quotes to name and weird lines delivered in funny ways.

Spoiler alert
We should tame him! Like the wolves in Minecraft. Have you guys ever played that?
[close]

Spoiler alert
"My suicidal feelings have hung themselves with a noose of your kindness fibres
[close]

NoSleep

Quote from: The Boston Crab on December 21, 2015, 12:20:21 PM
I think a lot of food is quite absurd when you consider that its purpose is primarily nutrition and then pleasure, and humans often fail to provide either with our food preparation. The thurrito was probably the greatest example I've seen but stuff like man vs food is beyond satire. It's one of the levels of hell.

All the food in PFFR has been reasonably appetising, generally. The Pizza and the Neon Glow notwithstanding.

This is amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLADuo2BPY8

NoSleep

...although Wonder Showzen was pretty damning about the food industry.

Repeater

Aye well I've no watched all of the heart she hollers yet have a

NoSleep

I suppose The Heart, She Holler is pretty disgusting on the food issue, too. I remember rotting meat used to replace "lady parts", a wardrobe full of egg noodles, Hambrosia crawling into the oven, then another Hambrosia coming into the room and removing a pie from the oven, etc.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Jon Glaser's comedy uses a good deal of food. The guy does enjoy a good sandwich, and his book of fake rock writings had a lot of food-related puns.

backdrifter

Just caught up with this.

Cracking stuff.

My fav line:

Spoiler alert
"....then he filled a hole in the ground with baked bean and had sex with it."
[close]

Spoiler alert
"I done that.
[close]
Spoiler alert
Stuck my fist in it." *Heeeee-yuuuuump*