Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:14:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tommy Boyd

Started by Lost Oliver, August 07, 2014, 03:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MjjW

Longshot. Does anyone know which show/compilation contains a phone in with an elderly English gentleman that ends up talking (with self assumed authority) about "the African mind." Would love to hear that discussion again.

Catalogue Trousers

quote from great_badir on 13 November, 2014:

QuoteNah, it was the guy who was on after the guy who was on after Caesar.  The 2-4am slot (he might've even gone until 6am).

A digression, yes, but I think that you're talking about Ian Collins (And The Creatures Of The Night). He certainly cultivated a winningly curmudgeonly persona, and once played a Haemovore in the Doctor Who story The Curse Of Fenric, which he grumbled about frequently. His fellow "creatures" included Miff (his flatulent soundman) and Kev The Wonder Sheep (a super-intelligent, spoddish ovine who dispensed fascinating facts).

Spiral King

Quote from: MjjW on November 16, 2014, 03:19:20 PM
Longshot. Does anyone know which show/compilation contains a phone in with an elderly English gentleman that ends up talking (with self assumed authority) about "the African mind." Would love to hear that discussion again.

Never heard this, but it sounds hilarious. Can only imagine what Boyd's reaction was.

madhair60

Sorry for the relative necrobump - the Tommy Boyd shrine on Facebook has started posting new audio, including the complete Southern Counties shows.

https://www.facebook.com/TheTommyBoydShrine?fref=nf

madhair60

Oh, also, I'm uploading them all in a big rar, if people don't want to go on Facebook (understandable)

Replies From View

Fuck typing out "Tommy Boyd"; it's rubbish.

The fingers themselves instinctively type "Tommy Body" and then you go fuck that's wrong, backspace backspace yd, making it "Tommy Boyd", and then the autocorrect says "Ah good, my turn - what you intended to do here was type 'Body'; fixed that for you!"

So fuck this thread basically.

Vodka Margarine

Quote from: MjjW on November 16, 2014, 03:19:20 PM

If you're still knocking about MjjW, I know he's definitely on the same show that contained the aforementioned crazy tent woman. The main topic was Live 8, hence the discussions about Africa (mate). So iirc and if the internet is right, that would date it 2nd July 2005.

MjjW

Always lurking... Bingo! Thanks for that, listening again now. Hope it's as entertaining as I remembered.

Lost Oliver

And to those who still want what I have (lots of BBCSC) let me know. I recently found two discs of stuff that I thought were long lost after the hard drive failure. I'm happy as fuck.

Oh, and that convention thing is definitely going ahead. https://www.facebook.com/groups/288160894703936/ to join. I'm all for a Brighton meet as it's his spiritual home. Failing that literally anywhere in the UK[nb]Sorry Artemis.[/nb].

madhair60

I have more Boydy bits, next batch of Southern Counties, will post 2nite

Sgt. Duckie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOJzb5nN7Vw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

So sorry if this has been posted already. Slowly working my way through the thread and sidetracked by Boyd's other youtube uploads. For me this is the funniest I've heard him so far. He doesn't seem to put a word wrong in this section and wanted to share. Just golden Boyd.

Vodka Margarine

"What do you want?"

"WE WANT SOMEBODY LIKE MIKE DICKIN OR JAMES WHALE WHEN HE GETS BETTER"

Lost Oliver

I love it when someone starts a call with: "Thank you."

ctaylor

I could be wrong but I'm sure I remember reading that during his CITV days, Tommy was linking between a children's wildlife programme to a performance by Sinitta in the studio. He linked with "and from one blackbird to another....here's Sinitta". I really hope that happened.

batwings

It would seem that Boyd is a presenter on Mansize radio, where he is known as 'The wise man with an answer to everything':

http://www.mansizeradio.com/Presenter/presenter_wiseman_main.html

Anyone heard any of  this? I'd never even heard of mansize radio before. It seems to be a comedy internet station made up from 1 hour pre-recorded segments hosted by different characters. The only interaction with listeners is via email so you're not going to get any typical Boyd arguments on this.

Replies From View

Quote from: ctaylor on September 05, 2015, 03:17:59 AM
He linked with "and from one blackbird to another....here's Sinitta".

Doesn't even rhyme.

madhair60

I'm putting the call out for any mp3s or whatever of Boyd audio bits, I'm collecting everything together in a big shared folder and I'd love it to be somewhat definitive.  Got the old Shrine stuff already as far as I can tell, maybe a few missing.

Panbaams

There used to be a site called mickYNWA.com that had a load of Boyd clips. Not sure how much overlap there would be with what was on the Shrine site, but I'm pretty sure it's this bloke so you could ask him.

thugler

Quote from: Sgt. Duckie on September 03, 2015, 10:37:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOJzb5nN7Vw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

So sorry if this has been posted already. Slowly working my way through the thread and sidetracked by Boyd's other youtube uploads. For me this is the funniest I've heard him so far. He doesn't seem to put a word wrong in this section and wanted to share. Just golden Boyd.

Absolutely brilliant. The caller at the end is hilarious.

madhair60

My big thing of Boyd is ready.  If you have audio that's not here, give me a PM, alrighty?

Lost Oliver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO-Z0NLduIQ

They're discussing PPV footie in the football thread and it reminded me of this. I also love how a hardy phones up later on to stick up for Tommy. Fantastic!

thugler

Quote from: madhair60 on September 10, 2015, 10:47:49 PM
My big thing of Boyd is ready.  If you have audio that's not here, give me a PM, alrighty?

Hmm, Not sure if it's me or not, but I've tried downloading this all twice and a large number of files are coming out as being 92kb and unplayable.

Edit: Trying the zip file to see if that makes any difference

madhair60

Some of the files are very small indeed.  I have to admit I haven't been through all of it yet, but I will look into it; got about 2.5gb more audio so far that I need to update with

thugler

Quote from: madhair60 on September 18, 2015, 09:45:01 AM
Some of the files are very small indeed.  I have to admit I haven't been through all of it yet, but I will look into it; got about 2.5gb more audio so far that I need to update with

I've tried the zip now as well, some of the files are really small, like 96kb and 52kb, and don't play. Mostly in the misc shrine section, and a couple in the southern counties section.

Great effort anyway and much appreciated!

madhair60

Update:  I haven't forgotten.  I haven't.  I'm still doing it.

madhair60

I'm still doing it.  Recently acquired a load more stuff.  If anyone has any more Boyd, please hook a brother up, full credit will be given.

Paaaaul

Is the stuff in the "Additional misc audio" folder all the UK Play (or whatever that internet station was called) shows?

madhair60

Quote from: Paaaaul on January 13, 2016, 12:49:45 PM
Is the stuff in the "Additional misc audio" folder all the UK Play (or whatever that internet station was called) shows?

I'm not sure, I'd have to check.  I think it's most Southern Counties stuff.

Paaaaul

Ok. I noticed the Star Trek labelled episode and remembered one of his internet shows from around that time was Star Trek based, with a number of Shatner related conspiracies.