Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:27:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Internet prankster"

Started by Mark Steels Stockbroker, August 09, 2014, 09:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Steels Stockbroker

As featured in an advert I just saw.

When will be rid of this sub-Beadle shite?

Pijlstaart

You don't like it? Then go fun yourself.

syntaxerror

I saw this prank once were they punched someone in the face. For a laugh, like.

BritishHobo

My favourites are the ones who go and annoy black people to 'subtly' demonstrate how innately violent black people are... and end up pathetically pleading not to get hit. "It's just a prank, please don't punch my face!"

Tit-ends.

Queneau

Never heard of him before that advert.

Puce Moment

Quote from: BritishHobo on August 09, 2014, 12:32:57 PM
My favourites are the ones who go and annoy black people to 'subtly' demonstrate how innately violent black people are... and end up pathetically pleading not to get hit. "It's just a prank, please don't punch my face!"

Tit-ends.

You mean this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E-M8leGGsI

BritishHobo

Wahey!

I love when they say "it's just a prank!" and it doesn't make sense. It's just a prank! I wasn't really telling you a racist joke, even though I did say a racist joke, because it's just a prank!

The two I was thinking were when the guy pretends to be stealing gas (which is a prank, albeit one that you're obviously going to get confronted over) and the one where he approaches black people and starts repeating everything they say. Which, like the racist joke, or pushing a guy's head down and pretending to fart on it, isn't a prank, because you are genuinely annoying them. There isn't any twist or subversion, you're just annoying people and then using 'prank' as an excuse.

BritishHobo

Okay, the guy pulling the knife is pretty fucked.

And of course, the YouTube comments are all 'Those ghetto kids, automatically resorting to violence, and not just thinking." Oh, fuck off.

Xindioka

Quote from: Puce Moment on August 09, 2014, 01:38:49 PM
You mean this?

I wonder how long it'll be before one of these pranksters gets murdered. Surely it's only a matter of time?

BlodwynPig

"It's a prank, man, ITS A PRANK"

"OK, I'll let you off, Beadle"

Fuck these wankers - they seem to enjoy getting beaten up don't they. Unfunny, ignorant bastards deserve all the beatings they get.

Pijlstaart

They'll probably get rich first, which is the real tragedy. It'll be like skateboarding, where companies will fund shiny-clothed twats to behave atrociously in public and attack old ladies with big chunks of wood. The young people like them, quickly, let's get on the side of the young people by funding these bastards, then the young people will like us. These people very frequently commit crimes on camera, remember that car-stealing prank from a while ago? They commit crimes and try to profit off it when any authority figure with sense would just get their contact details, publicly available so you can DON8 4 MORE PRANKZ and arrest them. Look, you filmed yourself committing a crime and it's not just a prank, you are actually committing a crime and retroactively saying it's a prank.

Here are the car-thieves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O1ThAwnKBE

BritishHobo

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 09, 2014, 04:52:45 PM
"It's a prank, man, ITS A PRANK"

"OK, I'll let you off, Beadle"

Fuck these wankers - they seem to enjoy getting beaten up don't they. Unfunny, ignorant bastards deserve all the beatings they get.

"It's okay, it's on camera!"

Mr Banlon

At least Beadle admitted later in life that some of his pranks were stupid, cruel and childish.
He said, "I don't know why I thought it was fun. But there's been a part of me that will always be immature."

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Mr Banlon on August 09, 2014, 05:00:27 PM
At least Beadle admitted later in life that some of his pranks were stupid, cruel and childish.
He said, "I don't know why I thought it was fun. But there's been a part of me that will always be immature."

Beadle's best were always the most outrageous, not the cruel. Like the alien one.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Pijlstaart on August 09, 2014, 04:56:56 PMHere are the car-thieves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O1ThAwnKBE

I dunno man, this fella from the comment has a very good point:

"fouriertransformable7 months ago

what r u the fucking prank police. dont see u doing any pranks"

BritishHobo

"jamie28242 weeks ago

its called a joke u old cunt n dont moan bout what people r doin in ther lifes get on with ya own life u prick"

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: BritishHobo on August 09, 2014, 05:02:47 PM
I dunno man, this fella from the comment has a very good point:

"fouriertransformable7 months ago

what r u the fucking prank police. dont see u doing any pranks"

Imagine if the prank police really existed. Instead of stopping crimes, they just turn up with loads of hilarious japes, making life as difficult as possible for everyone involved.

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Hangthebuggers on August 09, 2014, 05:09:07 PM
Imagine if the prank police really existed. Instead of stopping crimes, they just turn up with loads of hilarious japes, making life as difficult as possible for everyone involved.
West Midlands Serious Crime Squad ?

Blumf

BritishHobo

Well, there was 'The Prank Patrol', although they had the unfortunate flaw of being fucking shit.

Big Jack McBastard

Quote from: Pijlstaart on August 09, 2014, 04:56:56 PM
Here are the car-thieves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O1ThAwnKBE

I really hope someone stabs him in the tongue, or just generally about the face before he manages to complete another vid.

poo

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Puce Moment on August 09, 2014, 01:38:49 PM
You mean this?

That's awful.  Prank police or no prank police, it's not a prank, plain and simple.  He's just being deliberately offensive and getting himself beaten up.  The guys a monumental douche and deserved all he got.

greenman

Quote from: BritishHobo on August 09, 2014, 01:46:15 PM
Wahey!

I love when they say "it's just a prank!" and it doesn't make sense. It's just a prank! I wasn't really telling you a racist joke, even though I did say a racist joke, because it's just a prank!

The two I was thinking were when the guy pretends to be stealing gas (which is a prank, albeit one that you're obviously going to get confronted over) and the one where he approaches black people and starts repeating everything they say. Which, like the racist joke, or pushing a guy's head down and pretending to fart on it, isn't a prank, because you are genuinely annoying them. There isn't any twist or subversion, you're just annoying people and then using 'prank' as an excuse.

Seems like an outgrowth of net trolling to me rather than Beadle style pranks, by that I don't mean so much obvious comic trolling as looking to play up a character as genuinely as possible and then laughing at your own cleverness in deceiving people. Although I'd argue in both situations there is likely an offensive mentality behind the actions, no you may not openly behave in a racist manner in that way normally but that you choose to target a black person in that way shows a lack of respect.

Quincey

Quite surprised Youtube allows these videos

Queneau

Quote from: Quincey on August 10, 2014, 11:27:58 AM
Quite surprised Youtube allows these videos

They don't infringe on any big boy studio's copyright, so they are fine.

El Unicornio, mang

I wonder about those ones like the ghost girl in the elevator or the knife wielding doll jumping out of the billboard. Isn't there quite a high risk that the people being scared will physically attack them?

Edit: actually

Puce Moment

I would say that the most likely thing with some of these pranks, particularly stuff like the Chucky or Murderous Clown pranks, is that someone is going to run in front of a car.

thenoise

I like Remi Gaillard.  I'd like to think that he makes amends for people he actually steals from/pisses off but it's unlikely.

I assume a lot of these people getting more brazenly bold and targeting 'ghetto' environments in response to the standard youtube comment "you wouldn't try this in the ghetto / America / my 'hood" etc.  But it isn't the danger that makes this sort of thing funny, even if it is impressive on some level.

That video of black people beating up/threatening white studenty pranksters is a pretty depressing watch, for several reasons.