Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:11:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Sunny

Started by swayzetrain, October 21, 2014, 03:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swayzetrain

Anybody catch this? New pilot with Rab Florence in it? I thought it was excellent and hope it gets picked up for a full series. Big big fan of Mr Florence, loved all his stuff but this has the potential to scale new heights.

Onken

Some basic info would be nice. BBC Scotland. iPlayer. I'm going to watch it now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04m3rnt/the-sunny

swayzetrain

Quote from: Onken on October 21, 2014, 04:08:15 PM
Some basic info would be nice. BBC Scotland. iPlayer. I'm going to watch it now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04m3rnt/the-sunny

The fuck your last slave die of?

Anyway, it's on BBC Scotland iPlayer. I insist everybody watch it.

Beagle 2

Yes, I enjoyed it. Found it slow going at firs, but it got into it's stride in the second half. Aisling Bea was great, and I liked the storyline with the MMA teacher. I really didn't care for  the narrator though, I found it a bit pointless and sickly sweet.

Promising anyway, and I'd like to see more.

thraxx

Quote from: Beagle 2 on October 21, 2014, 04:13:21 PM
Aisling Bea was great, and I liked the storyline with the MMA teacher. I really didn't care for the narrator though, I found it a bit pointless and sickly sweet.

Pretty much agree with all of this.  The narration got on my nerves a bit - maybe a sop to the kind of couthie, homespun flavour that sometimes seems to be required before BBC Scotland will get behind something[nb]Limmy's Show excepted, obviously[/nb].

I enjoyed it enough to see more of it - certainly far superior to the last set of pilot sitcoms the BBC inflicted on us.

Rab Florence seemed to be enjoying being a super-buff rock idol a bit too much though.  Hope it doesn't go to his head.

BPFHAY

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on October 21, 2014, 04:38:37 PM
Rab Florence seemed to be enjoying being a super-buff rock idol a bit too much though.  Hope it doesn't go to his head.
I stopped following him on Twitter. I can't tell when he's just joking anymore.

Hey, the main woman in this is Isa from Still Game! The make-up in that is so good, so must have been around 30 when it started.

BPFHAY

Hmm, they've put a Malcolm Tucker in this.

This all feels like a play that's been recorded. It's not bad, I just don't care to watch more than ten minutes of it.

hummingofevil

Quote from: BPFHAY on October 21, 2014, 06:52:01 PM
Hmm, they've put a Malcolm Tucker in this.

This all feels like a play that's been recorded. It's not bad, I just don't care to watch more than ten minutes of it.

A who? Tucker? It's fucking Jamie you fucking Horse!!!

I loved The Sunny. Pace took a bit of settling into but has at least 6 proper laughs for me (even if a couple of obvious set pieces missed - the firework).

Grado, Bea, Florence, Higgins and more. Cast are excellent value. More please.

Onken

The
Spoiler alert
Mongoose
[close]
line was my favourite.

magval

Has anyone got a copy of this? I can't find it anywhere online I really regret missing it at the time.

Malcy

I was disappointed on first viewing so wouldn't mind seeing it again. Your best bet for finding it would be a UKTV torrent site.

magval

Did any pop up to replace The Box? I remember they stealthily moved to another server and then vanished forever. Seems there's nowhere to find obscure stuff like this online anymore.