Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:11:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Facebook thread

Started by Utter Shit, November 07, 2014, 12:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Nehamkin

AsparagusTrevor

Golden E. Pump

Who the fuck cares about which archaic twat the day belongs to? They're all dead.

machotrouts

They're all dead when I'm done with them

Quincey

(link NSFW) https://www.facebook.com/stopthelabourparty (link NSFW)
Good old Donald & mrs may understand if you can't afford to be ill you shouldn't be silly enough to get ill

An utterly bizarre page, they hate labour and hate corbyn being in charge of labour, hate the idea of Scottish independence and seem to hate Scotland.

Quincey

Quote from: Golden E. Pump on March 18, 2017, 04:41:46 PM
Who the fuck cares about which archaic twat the day belongs to? They're all dead.

I do think though, that if people celebrate St David's Day and St Andrew's Day without being called racist, the English should be able to reclaim St George's Day from the fash and celebrate our saint's day.

Perhaps this deserves a thread of its own.

Gurke and Hare

The idea that the English can't celebrate St George's Day without being called racist is a massive myth though. Look, the Labour muslim Mayor of London is putting on a big do in Trafalgar Square!

imitationleather

FAKE NEWS

I think these people who claim to want to celebrate St. George's Day but aren't allowed to actually get a lot more pleasure out of complaining that some higher, un-named, authority is banning them from doing it than they actually would from just kicking back and enjoying being patriotic on the day (sorry I don't know what the date of it is, please kick me out of the country because of this transgression).

phantom_power

Anyway, surely St George's Day is the proper day to celebrate the life and works of St George, not St Patrick's Day. I think that is for St Patrick.

It isn't inherently racist to celebrate St George's Day. It is just unfortunate that most people who want to celebrate it are racists.

imitationleather

If the massive fuss about St Patrick's Day wasn't invented by someone employed by Guinness then that company has certainly fucking lucked out basically getting a worldwide day dedicated to people buying it, whether they like it or not.

Small Man Big Horse

In the town where I grew up they've put up a new sculpture:

Now I'm not a big fan, but the response on the facebook page for the town has been ridiculously stroppy, with most rambling on about how shit it is. Here's the average type of response:

QuoteAngus - A child could lose an eye on the pointy bits. I'm going to write to the council tomorrow and demand it be taken down. It's a health and safety night mare.

But this exchange amused:

QuoteJulie - My husband built this wall and seating area and put the sculpture on top. X

Neil - He's done a wonderful job Julie. Not so sure about the sculpture but the brick work is brilliant - and I mean that x

BlodwynPig

Just be thankful it's not a Gareth Bale heart gesture

Quincey

What is it meant to be?

On Facebook 32000 people are talking about a hate crime in Croydon. Derek used the report of the crime to say while he did not condone the violence and his heart went out to him he wanted to know why he did not seek asylum in any country between Britain and Iran ( the asylum seeker is from Kurdish Iran). Derek wants to know what safe havens he passed through and says that "this is the real issue with open borders and why we should not have them it's safer for everyone". Most people commenting on the post think he's a wanker.

Imagine reading about someone being assaulted in a hate crime and using it to rant about immigration.

Nigel thinks that the BBC are trying to manipulate us by running the story. Because he's a bellend.

BlodwynPig

I hope Nigel and Derek are severely beaten by a Polish mob when they get pissed in a Warsaw strip club in the summer and start demanding eggs and chips.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Quincey on April 02, 2017, 02:00:33 PM
What is it meant to be?

No one's sure. Apparently it's one of those pieces of art which you can interpret any which way you choose. That's what the council's claiming, anyhow.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

"the brickwork is brilliant - and i mean that' is such a great remark.

Quincey

One of my Facebook contacts likes a group set up to warn about local speed cameras. I can't understand people against speed cameras - they raise money by a tax on people who put others' lives at risk and make the roads safer. Shame I can't report the group.

MoonDust

After years of not "liking" really any pages unless I had to, I finally "liked" the official Labour Party page.

Next day:

QuoteSuggested page:

Bin The Labour Party

Cheers for the pro-tip.

Small Man Big Horse

Hopefully this link will work, but if not it's a clip from the BBC reporting on the Marathon and will hopefully be up on youtube sooner or later: https://www.facebook.com/SPORTbible/videos/vb.338233632988842/2294896817322504/?type=2&theater

It's the story about how two strangers helped another guy over the finish line as it looked like he was about to die, but the weird / funny part of it is that one of the BBC commentators, who had taken part in the race, says this at the end:

Quote"I saw a couple of people in real trouble and gave them a pat on the bum when I ran past"

Which I believe is sexual assault rather than any kind of assistance.

Dusty Gozongas

You thought it was bad thus far?

Let me introduce you to Facebook Moments[nb]Kidding. I would never do that to you, dear reader.[/nb].

idunnosomename

Has anyone had a friend who has posted a Facebook story?

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

up_the_hampipe

Yep. I've seen a few. But I never click on them because they can see who has read them. I don't want them to think I care about their lives.

Dr Syntax Head

What's a Facebook story? Sounds like S4C

I'm not keen on these recycled 'memory' things. What's the point? Maybe there is one but I can't see it.

Facebook told me today what the weather was like. Yeah I don't have any windows in my house and I never go outside. What is the point?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on May 19, 2017, 02:23:05 AM
What's a Facebook story? Sounds like S4C

I'm not keen on these recycled 'memory' things. What's the point? Maybe there is one but I can't see it.

Facebook told me today what the weather was like. Yeah I don't have any windows in my house and I never go outside. What is the point?

Its a failed utopia. "Good morning Duncan, the weather today is light and breezy turning to rain later on. You have a scheduled appointment with your dentist at 10am. You forgot to put your underpants on. I've just e-mailed your internet browser history from last night to your boss. You are a fuckwit. We made you a fuckwit. Do you even remember your name, Duncan. That's right, carry on, you dead-eyed cunt. Enjoy your day. We'll be watching you"

jenna appleseed

real life desolation probably belongs in the bleak facebook thread if I could find it:

Pink Floyd bootlegs podcast page shared Dave Gilmour's pro-Labour home video of him kinda busking Between The Wars, it's removed now but a US 'alt-right Neo-Nazi' completed with fb feed full of Pepe the frog & hilarious memes involving Hitler, Nazi rallies & swastikas posted this in response . 

"Maybe the Labour commies should elect another muslim so more english kids can die and women raped. Peace and love, eh? SMH"

eta: tipped off the page owner, and they deleted it. Facebook meanwhile thinks his other hate speach spreading posts "don't go against any of our specific Community Standards".

jenna appleseed

elsewhere, there's at least one Tory voter whose openly convinced it's fact that Corbyn wasn't just a sympathiser but actually a member of the IRA.

hermitical

Quote from: jenna appleseed on June 11, 2017, 12:19:24 PM
elsewhere, there's at least one Tory voter whose openly convinced it's fact that Corbyn wasn't just a sympathiser but actually a member of the IRA.

My manager told me a couple of day's ago she thought Corbyn 'would turn into Hitler' and 'he's a nonce'

Small Man Big Horse

This trivia crack advert just popped up in my feed, I like the sentiment but you'd have thought they might have checked to see if the question made any sense at all: