Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:36:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Blade Runner 2

Started by momatt, February 27, 2015, 03:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenman

Quote from: Blumf on May 17, 2017, 04:24:17 PM
"Wake up! Time for hard Brexit"

Nutall

Mental Level E+

Glebe

greenman

A holo Sinatra is rather too on the nose for noir revivalism if you ask me.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: greenman on June 22, 2017, 11:51:55 AM
A holo Sinatra is rather too on the nose for noir revivalism if you ask me.

That was an idea they had for the original which, if memory serves (from either one of the commentaries, or Paul M Sammon's excellent Future Noir) was refused by Sinatra because he was, obviously, still alive at the time.  I think they then changed it to Elvis or someone else, but eventually dropped the idea altogether, presumably for budgetary reasons.

Replies From View

Quote from: Glebe on June 21, 2017, 10:09:10 PM
Making-of featurette.

Me appetite's further whetted.

"This is how we added the teal..."

"...and this is how we added the orange."

MY SUMMARY IS THE SAME AS IT.

biggytitbo

At least they've learnt their lesson from the first film added some extra blade runners to this one. If it was me, I'd have had hundreds of them, just running around bumping into each other.

mothman

Looks gorgeous. But then, so did Ender's Game. And I hope Ford is more convincing in this than he is when he says how pleased he is to be doing Blade Runner again.

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 22, 2017, 05:32:58 PM
At least they've learnt their lesson from the first film added some extra blade runners to this one. If it was me, I'd have had hundreds of them, just running around bumping into each other.

There were hundreds. But they failed to heed quite sound advice about running with scissors, and now there are none left.

Spoon of Ploff

Are the London based ones called Bow Street Blade Runners?

ithanyow

Glebe

Blade Runner Turns 35: Ridley Scott Discusses the Film's Legacy, Deckard's True Nature, and the Future of the Series.

QuoteIGN: At what point while making the original film did you decide that Deckard would be a Replicant?

RS: Oh, it was always my thesis theory. It was one or two people who were relevant were... I can't remember if Hampton agreed with me or not. But I remember someone had said, "Well, isn't it corny?" I said, "Listen, I'll be the best f#@king judge of that. I'm the director, okay?" So, and that, you learn -- you know, by then I'm 44, so I'm no f#@king chicken. I'm a very experienced director from commercials and The Duellists and Alien. So, I'm able to, you know, answer that with confidence at the time, and say, "You know, back off, it's what it's gonna be." Harrison, he was never -- I don't remember, actually. I think Harrison was going, "Uh, I don't know about that." I said, "But you have to be, because Gaff, who leaves a trail of origami everywhere, will leave you a little piece of origami at the end of the movie to say, 'I've been here, I left her alive, and I can't resist letting you know what's in your most private thoughts when you get drunk is a f#@king unicorn!'" Right? So, I love Beavis and Butthead, so what should follow that is "Duh." So now it will be revealed [in the sequel], one way or the other.

NO! Don't ruin the mystery!

Spoon of Ploff

(Sir) Ridleys should really stop messing about, get down and do the sequel we all want to see:

https://youtu.be/6Mq59ykPnAE?t=10

An origin story for Old Ma Piggety... where did she come from..? how did she come to own the 'Place?' Where's Old Da Piggety? Did she kill him with the black goo?
So many unanswered questions (Sir) Ridleys, so many unanswered questions.

Spoon of Ploff

^ ah crap. realize now i could have made a reasonable opening serve at WimbleWrong with this as a theme.

Hundhoon

I hated that film Arrival.....I really liked the first hour but the ending was so bad...Contact syndrome...remember that awful Jodie Foster film Contact....where the first hour is amazing but then you find out that the aliens were actually her father sending her a message....
Arrival was the same shit....

Blade Runner is going to go down in history for cinema the way Shakespeare did......everyone will be talking about it in 500 years...I mean its literally one of the most visually stunning films of its period..its one of the top 3 most influential science fiction films ever..with Metropolis and 2001

No sequel will ever match it...I know I will be let down by this...but I hope its good.

Replies From View

I hope Blade Runner 2 contains references to Beavis and Butthead.

The thing that annoys me is that Beavis and Butthead don't say 'Duh.'

colacentral

That's the worst thing: he clearly doesn't love Beavis & Butthead, the phony thick twat.

Replies From View

Being a big fan of Rick Moranis, I always try to say "Cowabunga" a lot.

Mr Brightside

I won't be watching or reviewing this. First one was crap.

Dex Sawash

I always have to have a little think about which one is Blade Runner and which one is Fifth Element after forgetting they are 2 different movies.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Dex Sawash on July 13, 2017, 12:50:46 AM
I always have to have a little think about which one is Blade Runner and which one is Fifth Element after forgetting they are 2 different movies.

Blade Runner's the one with the flying cars and a tall woman wearing revealing clothes.

Bad Ambassador

Blade Runner is the one that's at night, Fifth Element's the one in the day.

Blade Runner's in Los Angeles, Fifth Element's in New York.

Blade Runner's got robots, Fifth Element's got aliens.

Replies From View

Blade Runner was made a while back, Fifth Element was made like yesterday.

Blumf

Mate! The Fifth Element came out 20 years ago! You're old mate!!!

http://www.dignitas.ch/?lang=en

Glebe

New trailer.

Much better than the previous trailers, that. Also, seems like the unused opening intended for the original is in this...

Squink

Oof, no. Can barely get beyond the wretchedly cliched "big drums" setting on the soundtrack. Evangelos Odysseas Papathanassiou it ain't.

Shit Good Nose

I for one think it looks like it's going to be great.

My quiet confidence remains.

biggytitbo

I see they've drugged poor Harrison Ford again :(

chocky909

I thought the problem was that he isn't drugged on set and that's why he looks so withdrawn and bored. He's a massive pothead I hear.

Replies From View

Sin Agog

That trailer seemed to have surgically removed all traces of Philip K. Dick from Blade Runner, which felt like a meeting of minds between him and an on-form Ridley Scott.  PKD was effectively a half-psychotic outsider artist who just happened to attract a large audience into his unique elliptical orbit.  Take Dick out of this and you have just another sci-fi.