Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:07:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris anecdote - The Thick Of It commentary

Started by Guy, March 11, 2015, 09:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guy

Wasn't sure if many had encountered this - a brief anecdote about Chris Morris' radio station antics from Armando Iannucci.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Q2tveUP6mA[nb]Note: this clip is liable to disappear after a few months, so if you're sufficiently bothered by that consider downloading it[/nb]

From the DVD commentary for The Thick Of It, series 3 episode 5 (where Nicola Murray and Peter Mannion are on Radio 5 Live).

Bhazor

Some men just want to fuck up the World Service. For a bit.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Surely that is more of a big deal than Heseltine and some of his other stunts.

Rocket Surgery

I can't listen to this (or indeed anything else) on my knackered computer. Could somebody summarise in text form, or provide a link to a non-audio/video version?

Please and thank you.

Guy

QuoteTony Roche: There's a bit... a little bit earlier where Malcolm threatens to hit the red button that takes them off air. And that's a true story as well, isn't it?

Armando Iannucci: Well that... was a story of, uh, I think it was... Chris Morris was watching a friend doing a World Service broadcast, and looked at the red button and said 'what does that do?', and [his friend] said 'don't for God's sake touch that - that switches us down, and stops the signal so that the entire World Service will shut down'. So Chris just put his hand up, and... switched it off.

<laughter>

Armando Iannucci: And then back on again.

<more laughter>

Armando Iannucci: Doesn't know when to stop, that man.

Roger Drew: He's just a fucking child, that guy isn't he.

Armando Iannucci: He's such a maverick.

Rocket Surgery

Haha, cheers for that! Not what I was expecting at all.