Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:59:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris Show- Episode 5 - music looping end?

Started by STARCHILD, March 16, 2015, 11:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STARCHILD

Hello Cookdandbombd, I awoke today at 6:30 AM and decided to start my day with a Chris Morris Show, from his Radio1 FM days, Episode 5, a recording I downloaded from here obviously (thank you very much!) and I was laughing so much at the brilliance of it - he really is a genius in the true sense of the word, the way he composed the whole show plus the spontaneity of it all. I'm always amazed at the work he must have put into these radio shows. I'm one of your many verbwhore depressive-types who finds his work is the best medicine (even better than benzos!)

-

however the last 10 minutes of my recording is quite funny. Chris says there shall be a few more items than plays the intro of a song, but it loops as it appears the singer starts to sing over and over for about 10 minutes till the end of the recording. Was this an experimental Metal Machine Music esque song (can someone elucidate what song it is please, I'd be grateful), or was it Chris editing it to be so, or was it a faulty recording?

Or did I just imagine this?

Apologies if this has been asked recently and I missed it.  Oh yeah and just in case I mistakenly put the wrong episode it's the one where Paul has bought someone a "AdiHash" t-shirt.

Thomas

I've had a spool through (it is episode five) and it sounds alright to me. There's an episode guide here with track listings for each show, you'll be able to check which one was looping for you.

STARCHILD

Thanks, so it is just me. How odd. As I say on my recording it's all fine but the last 10 minutes is a really weird loop of music. Maybe I need to lay off the lysergic.

DwellerDave

This didn't seem quite worthy of a new post so I thought I'd just put it here (I'm not very good at using forums you see) - just to say that I was downloading the set of Music Shows recently and it appears that none of the links for episode 7 are working. Just thought I should mention, in case it is easily rectifiable.

And I am eternally grateful for this resource, it is amazing to be able to listen to all of this wonderful radio again! It served as a great backdrop for a trip to North Wales this weekend.

I leave now.