Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:11:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Drawing Tablet (but not a 'Tablet') Thing

Started by Big Jack McBastard, April 20, 2015, 09:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jack McBastard

I'm after a USB-able gizmo for drawing in Photoshop (or whatever).

You know, you run your wankers glow pen over a glossy surface and hey presto drawings on your PC yeah?

I can't pull the word out of my arse. Nothing with an operating system mind, I'm not after a tablet or some shit that'll want updates and firewalls, it needs no other functions than letting me draw on my telly like a giant 5 year old.

Basically if it wants plugging into the mains it can fuck off.

What is this thing I'm thinking of?

Consignia

Big Jack McBastard

Jim_MacLaine

How much do you want to spend Jack? I got one of these (a Wacom Bamboo) cheap and it's pretty good.

I think it's been superseded by  this, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wacom-Intuos-Pen-Graphics-Tablet/dp/B00ME7HE5Q/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Big Jack McBastard

That link is exactly what I was just looking at, there's cheaper ones but they're uber-dinky. Think I'll go for that one when my pitiful pile of coins has risen high enough.

Steven

I just got the Wacom Intuous Pen the other day after fucking off drawing for about 17 years, £55, there's also a slightly more expensive one with multi touch. It works fine but you have to get used to looking at a screen and drawing without looking at your hand, will take a while but you will get used to it. Obviously the more expensive Wacom stuff like the Cintiq range where you draw directly onto the tablet surface would be better but is uber-more expensive so unless you're doing pro work I'd stick to the Intuous or the Bamboo.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 21, 2015, 07:49:21 AM
He's only going to draw a crude penis

How are you looking forward to having your portrait drawn?! Ha ha ha!! If you dint get it, I'm making a joke that you are a 'crude penis'!! Ha ha ha.

NoSleep

I always though I wanted a tablet until I saw how a graphic designer/illustrator friend of mine worked; working on paper and scanning it, then cleaning it up and finishing it with software.

Big Jack McBastard