Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:01:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BBC Radio Bristol "No Known Cure" rapping jingle.

Started by Bristolian, July 10, 2015, 11:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bristolian

Good evening folks,

I've just digitised Chris Morris' "No Known Cure" rapping jingle.
The YouTube audio clip is here:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJl4DVtGEPY

Very Best Wishes,
Bob.

WesterlyWinds

Bristolian

Quote from: WesterlyWinds on July 10, 2015, 11:19:18 PM
Thanks Bob

My pleasure, plenty more bits 'n pieces to come, including 'Feedback Reports'...

Twibbie

Thanks for posting these up Bob.

Is Neil aware of these?

Bristolian

Quote from: Twibbie on July 10, 2015, 11:52:53 PM
Thanks for posting these up Bob.

Is Neil aware of these?

I wouldn't know, sorry, who is Neil?

Twibbie

He's the site admin but he hasn't posted here in ages and doesn't appear to be active on Twitter. Have you had a look at the site's No known cure page? I just wondered if you were the Rob Baker mentioned there!

QuoteAPPEAL ALERT: I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for more shows to add to the site, there were dozens and dozens of shows made so more must be out there somewhere. If you have any tapes that you'd like to lend or copy for me, or you can upgrade any of the shows we do have, email Neil at waynecarr@gmail.com, send a twitter to @cookdandbombd or send a private message if you have a forum account. Failing that, leave a message on the CaB Radio voicemail at 02 895 811976.

Bristolian

Quote from: Twibbie on July 11, 2015, 01:00:07 AM
He's the site admin but he hasn't posted here in ages and doesn't appear to be active on Twitter. Have you had a look at the site's No known cure page? I just wondered if you were the Rob Baker mentioned there!

Thanks for that! No, I'm not Rob Baker :).

weirdbeard

Thanks for these. There are a few No Known Cure full shows out there now, about 8 or 9 I think, and an off-air compilation. Whilst clips are nice, and I think that Wayne Carr it is unique, full shows, or as complete a show as you have would be great to listen to.

Here's the link to the full shows as well as a load of GLR as well

https://mega.co.nz/#F!pRoDiZ6I!Y_O8IC0JVZJV_dT5I3ooXg

Bristolian

Quote from: weirdbeard on July 11, 2015, 11:51:23 AM
Thanks for these. There are a few No Known Cure full shows out there now, about 8 or 9 I think, and an off-air compilation. Whilst clips are nice, and I think that Wayne Carr it is unique, full shows, or as complete a show as you have would be great to listen to.

Here's the link to the full shows as well as a load of GLR as well

https://mega.co.nz/#F!pRoDiZ6I!Y_O8IC0JVZJV_dT5I3ooXg

Thank you for the Mega link, I've imported the NKC files into my Mega folder, so that I can compare and possibly date my recordings :). I do have some more recordings that I've digitised, but I need to 'go through'. They mightn't be complete shows, but almost certainly full C90 tapes...

weirdbeard

Dating them is quite easy as long as you know what to listen for and you can cross reference it. For example, we know that Wayne Carr bit you posted is from Friday 28th July 1989 as it's easy to find out when Bach died or when Beatrix Potter was born, and especially Robert Curran!

Bristolian

Quote from: weirdbeard on July 11, 2015, 08:56:47 PM
Dating them is quite easy as long as you know what to listen for and you can cross reference it. For example, we know that Wayne Carr bit you posted is from Friday 28th July 1989 as it's easy to find out when Bach died or when Beatrix Potter was born, and especially Robert Curran!

Brilliant! I've never looked into dating them so far, I've only had the tapes digitised for a week or two!.