Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,470
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:25:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sheldon to spurt cum right up Amy's vagina

Started by Small Man Big Horse, December 17, 2015, 12:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Yes, it's the plotline we've waited eight (nine?) long years for, but finally Sheldon's going to have sex tonight. I haven't watched The Big Bang Theory for ages to be honest, I just wanted to start a thread with this title. But are you excited? Hard? Like really, really fucking hard right now?

Also: To expand the remit of the thread a bit, what other extremely long storylines in other shows have been dragged out to a ridiculous extent that have either excited or annoyed you by finally being brought to a close? Like that terrible How I Met Your Mother show with the cunt who eventually got together with someone even though he should have died alone and with the realisation that he was a truly terrible human being? And I dunno, talk about other network shows that you fancy, it's almost Christmas, feel free to go crazy.

Small Man Big Horse

This is the joke I told on facebook:

Apparently to celebrate xmas this week's Big Bang Theory is all about Sheldon inserting his hard, erect penis in to Amy's awaiting vagina before ejaculating in to it a short time afterwards. Sadly it's not directed by Gaspar Noe though.*

*Please note, this is a reference to his most recent film Love, and not Irreversible.

Not funny, and I'm replying to my own thread, but I don't care. I'm out of money right now so unable to leave the house until Saturday, so I might just reply to this thread over and over again. You can't stop me.

Serge

To be honest, I never got hung up on the idea that Sheldon and Amy's storyline was dragged out, as it's logical that it would take this amount of time for him to finally drop his defences and finally have sex with her. Much as I still enjoy it - and I have liked Stephen Merchant's guest appearances in the last few episodes - I do hope they will stick to their guns and knock it on the head after the next series.

alan nagsworth

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Serge on December 17, 2015, 01:10:53 PM
To be honest, I never got hung up on the idea that Sheldon and Amy's storyline was dragged out, as it's logical that it would take this amount of time for him to finally drop his defences and finally have sex with her. Much as I still enjoy it - and I have liked Stephen Merchant's guest appearances in the last few episodes - I do hope they will stick to their guns and knock it on the head after the next series.

It still gets fantastic viewing figures, and I can't imagine any of the cast having a breakout movie career, so it might plausibly be one of those shows that goes on for ages more.

I bailed at the end of season seven, but is actually worth watching still? I just found it too repetitive, and it started to annoy me even as background tv...

Serge

Oh yeah, it's the very definition of comfort TV for me - it's never going to do anything surprising or change my life, but I find the characters likeable (except Penny) and despite the occasional situation (Howard in space, Leonard on a ship in the North Sea), you always feel that they're safe and everything will ultimately be alright. Plus I love Mayim Bialik, so there's that.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Serge on December 17, 2015, 01:23:37 PM
Oh yeah, it's the very definition of comfort TV for me - it's never going to do anything surprising or change my life, but I find the characters likeable (except Penny) and despite the occasional situation (Howard in space, Leonard on a ship in the North Sea), you always feel that they're safe and everything will ultimately be alright. Plus I love Mayim Bialik, so there's that.
Completely agree with Serge. It very occasionally irritates me (usually when it gets something nerdy wrong) and Sheldon has committed dozens of friendship-ending acts, but it's fun.

Now, one of Chuck Lorre's other shows, "Mom", I will defend on here all day. It's getting close to being in prime "Roseanne" territory - the characters are flawed, completely believable, the situations wring comedy from tragedy in the best way, and they very sensibly recognised what worked for the show and wrote more to that. For instance, the kids have been reduced from regular to occasionally recurring, and the women at the AA group have had their parts beefed up. It's my favourite US network sitcom (although admittedly it's not the strongest field in the world).

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on December 17, 2015, 03:42:18 PM
Completely agree with Serge. It very occasionally irritates me (usually when it gets something nerdy wrong) and Sheldon has committed dozens of friendship-ending acts, but it's fun.

Now, one of Chuck Lorre's other shows, "Mom", I will defend on here all day. It's getting close to being in prime "Roseanne" territory - the characters are flawed, completely believable, the situations wring comedy from tragedy in the best way, and they very sensibly recognised what worked for the show and wrote more to that. For instance, the kids have been reduced from regular to occasionally recurring, and the women at the AA group have had their parts beefed up. It's my favourite US network sitcom (although admittedly it's not the strongest field in the world).

Ah, given your and Serge's recommendations I'll give it another shot then, especially as the annual christmas tv lull has already begun.

And I'm a really big fan of Mom, I started a thread about it ages ago whilst you were away from the board and it sadly got little response, but hopefully more people will begin watching it soon.

Paul Calf

It's got to end soon. It should have ended on the first wedding. I can't believe how relentelssly its twitching corpse has been dragged around the streets. Much worse than popular US Sitcom Coffee Friends

BritishHobo

You know when you forget to watch a few episodes of something and you mean to catch up and then you suddenly realise it's been four years? That's what this thread's just done to me. I actually really liked The Big Bang Theory - like Serge says, always enjoyed it as comfort TV. Never consciously stopped watching, just slipped behind and never caught up.

So the Sheldon/Amy relationship became a lot more genuine, then? The last thing I remember really is them being a one-sided couple, where Sheldon seemed to be playing at being a boyfriend, and there were endless fucking jokes about Amy being sexually frustrated. I remember him giving quite a nice speech that hinted he actually did have some genuine feeling for her, and then he said he'd just copied summat from a film. I thought 'fuck off'. I hate that. I don't NEED genuine relationships in comedy, but if you're going to make it an ongoing part of the show, don't fucking undermine it. And apparently they listened to me. Thanks, guys.

Actually I remembered why I stopped - same thing, really. Episode where Howard finds an old card from his dad, and the group each write their own; so he gets to hear it, but still has the ambiguity of not knowing exactly what it was. They all read out lovely, heartfelt things, and Sheldon keeps butting in with manchild jokes about The Goonies and treasure-hunts.  I wanted to put my foot through his fucking gurning face.

Like I said, comfort TV.

BritishHobo

FUCK OFF SHELDON YOU FUCKING CUNT

Looking for that, it turns out his mom died since I last watched. And Stephen Merchant's in it now? Fuck, I ought to give it another crack.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on December 17, 2015, 12:59:37 PM
Also: To expand the remit of the thread a bit, what other extremely long storylines in other shows have been dragged out to a ridiculous extent that have either excited or annoyed you by finally being brought to a close?

House and Cuddy finally getting together. Just fuck off...

Presumably after he's done having sex he turns into a real smooth dude and drops all the nerdy Bazinga stuff for a while, until one of the other ones slaps him and he goes "BAZINGA! I don't know what came over me. I went all *nerd reference that doesn't really work*" and the audience laughs?

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: The Region Legion on December 17, 2015, 06:20:45 PM
Presumably after he's done having sex he turns into a real smooth dude and drops all the nerdy Bazinga stuff for a while, until one of the other ones slaps him and he goes "BAZINGA! I don't know what came over me. I went all *nerd reference that doesn't really work*" and the audience laughs?

If they did that as an episode arc, where everyone refers to him as "Bizarro Sheldon", it would make some kind of sense. Nutty Professor style, alternating between shy genius and sleazy lithario. I mean it would be awful, but I would probably watch it.

MojoJojo

I thought this had finished. It's a bit like when you hear someone you assumed was dead has died.

Noodle Lizard

It was revealed that he'd already done shags at Comic-Con in the pilot, so this is just a boring waste of fucking shite cunt.

BlodwynPig

I think I gave up when sheldon went to space. This thread does not make me want to return

up_the_hampipe

I remember thinking it was a pretty decent sitcom when I first saw it, so I watched a few episodes on the E4 channel. Then I stopped for a while, then I caught an episode again and thought it was one of the worst things in the world. But I calmed down and now I just think it's a pretty bad show.

Raj can make me laugh sometimes though.

Noodle Lizard

I used to watch it when they were doing constant repeats of the earlier seasons on E4.  It would be something I'd watch whilst eating Indian food.  I thought it was okay, good enough to watch with your Indian food.  But then a bit happened where Sheldon's diving around in a ball pit shouting "Bazinga!" over and over again.  I instantly spat out a bit of lamb tikka, hurled a still warm naan at the television set and bellowed "FUCK OFF, BAD COMEDY SHOW".  My roommate at the time rushed in and asked what the fuss was about.  "There's a bad show on the telly," I replied.  "I thought it was alright, but now realise it's actually bad."  He simply went back in his room and I simply never watched it again.

up_the_hampipe

It's safe to say we've both been on an emotional rollercoaster with this one, haven't we mate?

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on December 17, 2015, 09:24:53 PM
It's safe to say we've both been on an emotional rollercoaster with this one, haven't we mate?

We have.  About two years later my dad revealed he thought it was the greatest sitcom on TV over Christmas dinner.  I kept schtum for as long as I could, not wanting to ruin this family meal occasion, but when he said the phrase "the genius of Sheldon's character ...", I instantly spat out a sprout and bellowed "FUCK OFF, BAD COMEDY MAN".

Haven't spoken to him since.  This show has pretty much ruined every relationship I've ever had, now I think of it.

up_the_hampipe

Oh man, that's rough! I lost my mum to Mrs Brown's Boys.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on December 17, 2015, 09:32:41 PM
Oh man, that's rough! I lost my mum to Mrs Brown's Boys.

Luckily that doesn't run in our family.  Heard it's quite nasty though.

BritishHobo

To be fair, that ball-pit moment was a bit of a nadir for the show. I remember almost switching off at that point, because they were in one of those sitcom funks where they just lean on familiar shit. But after that they brought in the two other female leads, which was a massive shot in the arm for it.

Watching some newer clips has me missing the show a little bit. Time to try and figure out where I got off the bus.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: BritishHobo on December 17, 2015, 10:50:58 PM
To be fair, that ball-pit moment was a bit of a nadir for the show. I remember almost switching off at that point, because they were in one of those sitcom funks where they just lean on familiar shit. But after that they brought in the two other female leads, which was a massive shot in the arm for it.

Watching some newer clips has me missing the show a little bit. Time to try and figure out where I got off the bus.

What, the female Sheldon and the shrill-but-adorkable one?  Fuck off, bad shit.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on December 17, 2015, 10:58:13 PM

Aye, they're shit characters.

The Masked Unit

Thomas

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on December 17, 2015, 09:30:16 PM
We have.  About two years later my dad revealed he thought it was the greatest sitcom on TV over Christmas dinner.  I kept schtum for as long as I could, not wanting to ruin this family meal occasion, but when he said the phrase "the genius of Sheldon's character ...", I instantly spat out a sprout and bellowed "FUCK OFF, BAD COMEDY MAN".

Haven't spoken to him since.  This show has pretty much ruined every relationship I've ever had, now I think of it.

An ill-researched point I sometimes make - and with which people sometimes agree so I keep saying it - is that Sheldon is not a character. That he's an incoherent combination of scifi pop culture 'geek' and hard actual science 'nerd'. Sometimes he's absolutely robotic in his failure to grasp emotion and sarcasm, and other times he's lapping up wonky science fiction without complaint and making sarcastic jibes.

He is a contradictory, shifting arrangement of plot/gag-dependent characteristics. Nobody in real life can be 'just like Sheldon', because the idea of Sheldon doesn't actually exist. There is no Sheldon.

Of course, I - quite rightly - haven't watched the show enough to know if this holds water. But it sounds considered.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on December 17, 2015, 10:58:13 PM

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on December 17, 2015, 11:02:37 PM
Aye, they're shit characters.

BAZINGA IT WAS JUST A JOKE DEFINITELY