Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:28:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sheldon to spurt cum right up Amy's vagina

Started by Small Man Big Horse, December 17, 2015, 12:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

The most recent episode really tried, as best as a super-mainstream sitcom could, to deal with how trapped Sheldon feels by his OCD / whatever. He wants to change, even if by the end it was sort of reset. The show's glacial pace of character development continues.

BritishHobo

I've been speed-catchinf-up with this over the last few days, had it on in the background, and I'd forgotten just what a comfort show it is. It can sometimes lean on that nasty trope of having characters quip to the point of unrealistic meanness, but seasons 7 and 8, which I'm almost done that, are a far cry from the show at its meanest (seasons 3 and 4), and they actually seem to have mellowed Sheldon out to the point that he's now far more empathetic and caring towards the other characters.

Is there any word on whether the show will continue past season 10?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: BritishHobo on October 30, 2016, 01:29:20 PM
I've been speed-catchinf-up with this over the last few days, had it on in the background, and I'd forgotten just what a comfort show it is. It can sometimes lean on that nasty trope of having characters quip to the point of unrealistic meanness, but seasons 7 and 8, which I'm almost done that, are a far cry from the show at its meanest (seasons 3 and 4), and they actually seem to have mellowed Sheldon out to the point that he's now far more empathetic and caring towards the other characters.

Is there any word on whether the show will continue past season 10?

It's being negotiated now, with rumours that it might return but without Penny, but I imagine part of that is the bargaining process so that she can get even more cash. Which considering the fact they're all on a million an episode seems like piss taking to me, but hey, that's life I guess. http://www.newseveryday.com/articles/51125/20161028/the-big-bang-theory-season-11-news-updates-kaley-cuoco-might-not-join-next-season-due-to-high-salary-demands-reports-say.htm

Serge

Unless they make a sudden shock announcement in the next few weeks, I'd say it's a cert that Seasons 11 & 12 are likely. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the last round of contract negotiations covered enough series to take it that far. EDIT: Though SMBH's post would seem to indicate that I may be misremembering. It is comfort viewing, absolutely, no matter what happens, everything will always be ok for these guys in the end. The best thing they did was bring Mayim Bialik (and to a lesser extent, Melissa Rauch) into it.

up_the_hampipe

Using a different actor to play a teenage Sheldon won't look stupid at all. When I was a teen, I had a completely different face.

St_Eddie

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on November 07, 2016, 11:16:46 PM
Using a different actor to play a teenage Sheldon won't look stupid at all. When I was a teen, I had a completely different face.

Well, if it's good enough for Star Wars and Han Solo...

...no, you're right.  It is stupid.  It's just as well that my interest in Star Wars is extremely casual and my interest in The Big Bang Theory is virtually non-existent (it's only the intriguing title of this thread which piqued my interest), otherwise I'd be spitting croutons right now.

Serge

The only spin-off I'd like to see is 'Stuart', which would basically be 20 minutes of Stuart crying every week.

Pit-Pat

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on November 07, 2016, 11:16:46 PM

I bet Michael Cera wishes that a different actor had played his younger version. One with more chin and less nose.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: BritishHobo on November 07, 2016, 11:08:05 PM
The Big Bang Theory prequel in the works at CBS

Hit TV show to get a spinoff, based on the teenage years of Sheldon Cooper, the character played by Jim Parsons, though no current actors will star

This has been picked up for a full season order, with someone called Iain Armitage playing the young Sheldon, whilst Parsons is on hand to narrate the whole thing. So maybe they'll be going for a Wonder Years type vibe, that or a very long and drawn out version of How I Met Your Mother.

http://www.avclub.com/article/cbs-picks-young-sheldon-ensuring-big-bang-theorys--252006

Here's a pic:

So that's Young Doctor Who sorted too if they ever make it.

Bad Ambassador

touchingcloth

Serge

Because of course, all shows without a laughtrack have that unnatural aircraft-hanger-like noise in the background all the time. I get that people don't like it, but removing the laugh track to make the dialogue that usually fits in around it sound stilted and uncomfortable doesn't really prove anything.

EDIT: 'Young Sheldon' sounds horrific, though.

Dr Syntax Head

Fuck this show and the untalented horse it rode in on.

A really good comparison to make that really highlights how unfunny this show is would be 15 Storey's High. No laugh track but absolutely brilliant.

Caley Kuoco is stunning in my opinion. Maybe I should watch BBT with no soundtrack, Hollyoaks style

Van Dammage

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on March 14, 2017, 01:28:33 PM
Fuck this show and the untalented horse it rode in on.

A really good comparison to make that really highlights how unfunny this show is would be 15 Storey's High. No laugh track but absolutely brilliant.

Or even comparing it to better shows that do use laugh tracks like Frasier or Father Ted.

Twed

Or comparing it to better shows with laugh tracks that have been removed.

Dr Syntax Head

Icehaven

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on March 14, 2017, 01:28:33 PM
Caley Kuoco is stunning in my opinion.

Every time there's a newspiece about a rise in uni applications to study sciences being partly attributed to BBT's popularity, there always seems to be at least one scientist/uni admissions person quoted as saying something like ''A lot of them seem to think studying physics is going to get them a girlfriend like Kaley Cuoco.'' Which has to be bullshit, surely? They might have a slightly misguided idea of what life as a scientist/academic will be like, but anyone that into the show would be well aware that the whole point of that storyline is how unlikely their relationship is.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: icehaven on March 14, 2017, 06:33:57 PM
Every time there's a newspiece about a rise in uni applications to study sciences being partly attributed to BBT's popularity, there always seems to be at least one scientist/uni admissions person quoted as saying something like ''A lot of them seem to think studying physics is going to get them a girlfriend like Kaley Cuoco.'' Which has to be bullshit, surely? They might have a slightly misguided idea of what life as a scientist/academic will be like, but anyone that into the show would be well aware that the whole point of that storyline is how unlikely their relationship is.

Exactly. Her character didn't study IIRC. In my experience most uni students, especially if at a uni away from home tend to stay within their own student social groups so it would be highly unlikely that as a student you're going to meet a hot babe with limited academic qualities. That said, I hated students when I was at uni so most of my partners and friends were non students. I dunno what point i'm trying to make.

Kaley Cuoco is hot. That's the only point that matters I suppose

You remember those magic eye pictures from the 90s?

If you stared at some dots for an hour, then you could hallucinate a 3D picture of, I don't know, a dolphin or something?

Well, this show is shit.

Small Man Big Horse

The first trailer for "Young Sheldon" is online and it's got a very Wonder Years vibe to it - http://popculture.com/tv-shows/2017/05/17/-young-sheldon-trailer-big-bang-trailer/ - looks a bit patronising and overly sentimental in places but it's possible it won't be a complete disaster.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 18, 2017, 03:10:54 AM
The first trailer for "Young Sheldon" is online and it's got a very Wonder Years vibe to it - http://popculture.com/tv-shows/2017/05/17/-young-sheldon-trailer-big-bang-trailer/ - looks a bit patronising and overly sentimental in places but it's possible it won't be a complete disaster.

And the award for absolute optimism in the face of impossible odds goes to... SMBH.

Always good to see Lance Barber in something. Pondy's the coolest!

Serge

Icehaven

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 18, 2017, 03:10:54 AM

Why is it 5 minutes long? That's so long. Is it the whole series?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Old Gold Tooth on May 18, 2017, 09:41:19 AM
Always good to see Lance Barber in something. Pondy's the coolest!

If I could +1 that I would. Shamefully I didn't recognise Pondy initially as he reminded me so much of Kevin's Dad in the The Wonder Years, which I'm guessing isn't a coincidence.

Quote from: icehaven on May 19, 2017, 01:00:39 PM
Why is it 5 minutes long? That's so long. Is it the whole series?

Heh, but no, US sitcoms aren't quite that short just yet! But for the record the first minute is a sort of 'best of Sheldon' from the main series, whilst the other four minutes are packed full of hilarious moments from the new one.

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 19, 2017, 02:02:11 PM
If I could +1 that I would. Shamefully I didn't recognise Pondy initially as he reminded me so much of Kevin's Dad in the The Wonder Years, which I'm guessing isn't a coincidence.

Yeah, i had to imdb it myself to confirm the Pondy sighting. Between Always Sunny and his magnificent bastard turn as Paulie G on the Combeback he's now one of my favourite actors to see crop up.

Dex Sawash

Is this a BBC adaptation big bang theory that is watchable?