Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:24:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Random scraps of movie news/rumours/trivia!

Started by Glebe, March 08, 2016, 10:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

John Carpenter on Facebook:

QuoteSo you say you want a Revolution?
You want to shake things up and bring back Halloween and make it rock again?

Well so do I.

So here's the announcement you've all been waiting for:

David Gordon Green and Danny McBride are joining the project to complete the creative team. David and Danny will write the script together and David will direct. I will continue in my executive producer role to consult and offer my advice and feedback as needed.

David and Danny both came to my office recently with Jason Blum and shared their vision for the new movie and...WOW. They get it. I think you're gonna dig it. They blew me away.

I might even do the music. Maybe. It could be kind of cool.

And you'll get to see it in theaters on October 19th, 2018.

Where The New Halloween Will Fit Into The Mythology, According To Danny McBride.

QuoteYou know, it's not a remake. It's actually, it's gonna continue the story of Michael Myers in a really grounded way. And for our mythology, we're focusing mainly in the first two movies and what that sets up and then where the story can go from there.

Green and I are definitely going to [do] a straight-up horror. Halloween has always been one of my favorite movies of all time. There's a simplicity and an efficiency to that first one that I think allows the movies just to be scary as hell. And so Green and I, our approach is to get back to that.

I hope they do a good job with this. Certainly sounds more promising than Rob Zombie's reworking, which was bloody awful. Zombie acted like a bit of a prick towards Carpenter too, apparently.

Meanwhile, here's Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft.

Custard

I actually thought Zombie's first film was alright. Not seen the second. Highly doubt the Carpenter of 2017 will do any better. Will be happy to be proved wrong, mind

Glebe

Blumf

Quote from: Glebe on March 06, 2017, 10:57:26 AM
Jared Leto Circling 'Tron' Reboot at Disney (Exclusive).

I must admit to not having seen either of the Tron movies.

Ah fuck no! The original was very much of it's time, any reboot would have zero magic today (as the dull sequel proved)

Glebe

Quote from: sillymisslily on March 12, 2017, 04:46:44 PMfuck me you had me going there thinking john goodman had carked it

Thankfully, no... and soz.

Head Gardener

Head Gardener

Head Gardener

Head Gardener

Steven

Alien: Covenant - Prologue

Makes use of that Shelley Ozymandias poem as well, combining with the other Shelley Modern Prometheus reference.

Bad Ambassador

David Fincher close to signing on to World War Z sequel

Given that the first film was absolutely terrible, this can only be a step up. At least the audience will have literally no idea what happens next, as the film deviated so far from the book that it may as well have been about the world being overrun by giant ants or something.

phantom_power

The film was different to the book but I thought it was pretty successful within its own limited scope. The end "battle" with the chattering zombie was suitably creepy and the whole thing was pretty grim, despite being annoyingly bloodless

Bad Ambassador

My problem was that all the intelligence and thought and complex character work and world-building of the book was discarded in favour of a very generic disaster movie, apparently made by someone who had never seen a zombie movie before and had to have the concept explained to him. The sanitisation of everything was completely ridiculous, and the lurching shifts in plot where bits of reshoots had been bolted on to create some kind of lopsided Frankenstein mutant were very distracting. The ending really felt like they'd run out of money, so had to beg for cash from Pepsi to shoot a completely absurd resolution that included a sponsorship ad.

I got my book group to read it a couple of years earlier, managing to overcome their scepticism and latent snobbery about reading a horror novel. In general they liked it a great deal, and so when the film came out I organised a trip to see it. They seemed to like the bastardised version vomited onto the screen, however, so my protests that it didn't make sense, had no sensible pace, no real characters or any sense of jeopardy fell on deaf ears. It was one of the worst films I saw that year.

This really makes me wonder what Fincher's thinking. It could be a quid pro quo, where he gets the studio to fund something deeply uncommercial in return. After Gone Girl, it may be wishful thinking that his instincts for good material are still sharp.

Steven

Cross Napoleon Dynamite with Star Wars and you get 5-25-77

Another mysterious Horror trailer It Comes At Night

The latest Stephen King adaptation THE DARK TOWER

Glebe

'Batman & Robin' at 20: Joel Schumacher and More Reveal What Really Happened.

QuoteSilverstone's character was introduced as a way to bring in a younger, female audience to the franchise, but the actress faced intense media scrutiny after being cast that her male co-stars never did.

Silverstone, then just a teenager, was criticized by fashion commentators after presenting at that year's Oscars. (Those critics "thought she looked more Babe than babe," read an April 1996 EW article). Schumacher and Silverstone's spokesperson issued a statement in her defense and to assure the press she was training hard for the role of Batgirl.

In the production office, she also became the target of a joke after rumors circulated that Silverstone was having trouble in costume fittings. Storyboard artist Burgard drew a cartoon of Batgirl that nearly got him in trouble (though he notes, it was of the comic book character and was not meant to look like Silverstone).

"I heard that she was in the costume department being synched into a corset to fit into what they were going to try to do the costume," says Burgard. "So I did a cartoon of what I thought that looked like. ... I did it as a movie poster, Clueless 2: The Casting of Batgirl. It was a private joke, just the guys in the art department."

But the joke got out when a production assistant made a copy.

"He put it up by his station, whereof course Bob Ringwood, the costume designer saw it — and had a shit fit. I think the quote was, 'She is trying so hard!' Luckily for me, I never signed it. So I got to keep working."

It was just 'locker room' concept art...

samadriel