Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:36:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Random scraps of movie news/rumours/trivia!

Started by Glebe, March 08, 2016, 10:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pseudopath

Quote from: Glebe on June 19, 2016, 03:45:05 AM
I've still not seen Snowpiercer.

Only just watched it myself last night. Wasn't expecting much, but found it very enjoyable.

EDIT: NEW PAGE POST-APOCALYPTIC TWAT

Sam

It didn't get a UK cinema release, did it?

Bad Ambassador

It didn't get any kind of release in the UK. Beware of some 'available' copies, as there are chunks of dialogue that are in Korean without subtitles.

Glebe

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on June 20, 2016, 11:44:10 AMIt didn't get any kind of release in the UK. Beware of some 'available' copies, as there are chunks of dialogue that are in Korean without subtitles.

That's weird... I mean, it's an English-language film from a noted foreign director, you'd have thought it'd at least get a highly-anticipated run in the art house cinemas.

Bad Ambassador

It's Harvey Weinstein.

He wanted to recut the film for Western audiences, because he thinks we're all too thick, but the director refused. Eventually he allowed it to sneak out in a very limited cinema release in the US and it still hasn't appeared in the UK. He's a spiteful sack of shit.

Glebe

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on June 21, 2016, 11:51:22 AMIt's Harvey Weinstein.

He wanted to recut the film for Western audiences, because he thinks we're all too thick, but the director refused. Eventually he allowed it to sneak out in a very limited cinema release in the US and it still hasn't appeared in the UK. He's a spiteful sack of shit.

Ah, now that you mention it, that does sound familiar. Strange that nobody else snapped it up.

Custard

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on June 20, 2016, 11:44:10 AM
It didn't get any kind of release in the UK. Beware of some 'available' copies, as there are chunks of dialogue that are in Korean without subtitles.
It's on Netflix currently, mind. Still not got round to it myself, so will have to stick it on one slow evening*

*So, any of my evenings

EDIT - Oh wait, it's gone from Netflix. Shit, swear it was still there last week

olliebean

I definitely saw it on Netflix, but it was back before Netflix tightened up the region blocking and I can't remember if I was on the UK or the US version (or one of the others) at the time.

Custard

Just checked both the UK and US versions, and its gone on both. Gah!

Glebe

Steven

The first scene where someone's aims a gun at the camera/audience is in 1903's The Great Train Robbery, recreated by Sean Connery in 1962's Dr. No, then Connery ended up starring in the 1978 version of The Great Train Robbery.[nb]The scene is also recreated in the final scene of season 3 of Breaking Bad by Jesse Pinkman, and the final scene of Goodfellas.[/nb]

Glebe

Steven

Looks like Spielberg has Spielberg-ised Dahl's The BFG, by which I mean take out all the Grimms' style folk hinterland darkness and replaced it with simpering mawkish cack.

Blumf

phantom_power

Quote from: Blumf on July 05, 2016, 09:18:37 AM
Why can't Spielberg do dark these days?

I was going to say Munich was dark but that was 11 fucking years ago. I haven't seen War Horse, Lincoln or Bridge of Spies to see how dark they are

Steven

Quote from: phantom_power on July 05, 2016, 09:34:32 AM
I was going to say Munich was dark but that was 11 fucking years ago. I haven't seen War Horse, Lincoln or Bridge of Spies to see how dark they are

The answer is none more dark.

Steven

Billy Burr on Goodfellas.

It actually references the homage to The Great Train Robbery like I did above, that's odd.

Glebe

Steven

Here's Private Road, the sort of precursor to Withnail & I about two twats fucking off to the countryside to get away from it all and having various problems, how to get food, poachers and all that, from 1971 and starring oddly enough Bruce Robinson, hmm.

Glebe

Glebe

Glebe

Just making sure that you're aware that this video contains *SPOILERS* (good few of the featured films I haven't seen myself, actually):

This Supercut Will Make You Jump (40 Greatest Movie Jump Scares).

Oddly, that selection omits one of the all-time classic jump scares.

Glebe

Blumf

Steven

Long before The Simpsons Planet Of The Apes musical, Paul Williams..

Bad Ambassador

Christopher Nolan's aunt played Helga in 'Allo 'Allo.

Blumf

This exists:

http://ifdb.fanedit.org/bateman-begins-an-american-psycho/
QuoteBateman Begins: An American Psycho
This is a fanedit the combines elements from American Psycho, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Machinist into one cohesive story.