Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:54:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nathan Barley screening + Q&A

Started by holyzombiejesus, April 27, 2016, 10:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

HOME in Manchester are showing the whole series followed by a Q&A with "actor Charlie Condu (Jonatton Yeah?) chaired by Andrew Harrison from The Guardian, writer of Totally Mexico! How the Nathan Barley nightmare came true."

http://homemcr.org/film/nathan-barley/

There'a also a Snuff Box screening with a Q&A with Matt Berry...

http://www.pilotlightfestival.co.uk/#!festival-line-up/wy2hl

MoonDust

Ooh, looks good that.

Cheers for the heads up. I might just go along!

Blinder Data

CaB circa 2006 is turning in its grave.

Hollow

I really liked Nathan Barley, couldn't see why everyone else didn't.

Entropy Balsmalch

I'm going to one of these things.

I will try and guess which ones are CABbers while remaining undetectable as I did in Bradford all those years ago.

Secretly, when you're not looking I will pull a face at you and laugh, aloofly.

thraxx

Has Charlie Condu been in anything good post Barley, other than that shaving foam advert?

B Piper@The Gates Of Dawn

He was a major character in Coronation Street for many years. He was Sean Tully's boyfriend.

thraxx

Quote from: B Piper@The Gates Of Dawn on April 28, 2016, 11:06:32 PM
He was a major character in Coronation Street for many years. He was Sean Tully's boyfriend.

So, no, then.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Entropy Balsmalch on April 28, 2016, 05:39:19 PMI will try and guess which ones are CABbers while remaining undetectable as I did in Bradford all those years ago.

Did you manage to spot me, weekender, Danger Man and his infamous wife?

wosl

Quote from: thraxx on April 28, 2016, 11:02:57 PMHas Charlie Condu been in anything good post Barley, other than that shaving foam advert?

Not a recent thing, but he played Renoir in a lovely-looking but hackneyed BBC drama series about the Impressionists, which came out about a year after NB.  Duggie Brown James Lance played Bazille ('So, no, then,' again, if you were already aware of that).

xmxmxmxmxmx

What? What!?  I don't understand why this is happening.  Has Barely been reappraised or developed a cult following? Surely your average non-Morris fan has forgotten all about it. Is this part of some bigger exhibition about media twatery?

I remember it was pretty despised on here but like Wootton's disastrous FNWJR appearance the vitriol towards it seems to have mellowed these days. Was it actually that bad? I might go to this.

It's set me off thinking about how great a group screening + Q&A of BE or TDT would be.

EDIT: should have actually clicked the link first.

Hollow

Totally unworkable but I still wish they'd called it 'Cunt'.

Entropy Balsmalch

A real woman with her own mind and breasts and everything sat next to me and started talking to me.

Terrifying.

People these days.

Fortunately, my naturally repelent streak kicked in and I closed down any chance of future conversations within just a few utterances.

It's a skill.

Outside of that, it was nice and I had a good little chat with Matt afterwards.

PS - I was not the bloke who asked the awful rambling question which started off with saying "Most things are shit...Why isn't yours?"

Kelvin

We watched several episodes of Barley as part of a Cab Radio Watchalong in August last year. I've still got the on air skype discussions between Gout_pony, Consignia and myself, followed by the commentaries we did, if people want me to upload it. I seem to remember we liked it more than we expected to, after all this time.