Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:57:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lyrics that make no sense

Started by Bacon, May 03, 2016, 03:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sydward Lartle

I'm afraid of a ghost
It's a sight that I fear most
Rather have a piece of toast
Watch the evening news

They don't write 'em like that any more. Thank fuck.

Catalogue Trousers

There is water at the bottom of the ocean

Gee, thanks, Dave Byrne. I'd never have guessed.

Maybe some see this as a lyric that makes too much sense - I see it as stating the bleedin' obvious to such a degree that it passes beyond that to senseless redundancy.

TheMonk

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on May 14, 2017, 06:57:11 PM
There is water at the bottom of the ocean

Gee, thanks, Dave Byrne. I'd never have guessed.

Maybe some see this as a lyric that makes too much sense - I see it as stating the bleedin' obvious to such a degree that it passes beyond that to senseless redundancy.
I really like the lyrics to this one . "Remove the water, carry the water, remove the water from the bottom of the ocean." It's about futility, I think. Yes, it's pointless trying to remove the water from the bottom of the ocean, but the alternative is to stay down there, under the weight of it all. The  eternal battle of accepting our lot or questioning it and blindly trying to do something about it.
"Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down..."
Great stuff.

Quote from: TheMonk on May 15, 2017, 11:35:53 AM
I really like the lyrics to this one . "Remove the water, carry the water, remove the water from the bottom of the ocean." It's about futility, I think. Yes, it's pointless trying to remove the water from the bottom of the ocean, but the alternative is to stay down there, under the weight of it all. The  eternal battle of accepting our lot or questioning it and blindly trying to do something about it.
"Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down..."
Great stuff.

Is that the lyric-'letting the days go by'?  Always thought it was 'letting it taste so fine'-assuming from the following lyric 'let the water hold me down' that he meant the water tasted fine and that he was drowning himself and relishing death.

Repeater

According to rapgenius.com aye it's "letting the day go by". I just read the lyrics there and it's all kinda beautiful, it's about futility and stuff (not stuff).