Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:20:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Euro 2016 #3: No Quarter For Shay Given

Started by Eis Nein, June 28, 2016, 03:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eis Nein

A clean slate. Rebooted, re-energised, ready for the world. Not a shambling embarrassment. No sir.

BlodwynPig

Book your seat for Thursday.

This thread will officially open on Thursday.

Blinder Data

I FUCKING SAID England would reach the semis if they didn't play Rooney. That was a cast iron guarantee. Stoopid Woy. Rodgers must be kicking himself for taking the Celtic job now.

Germany-Belgium final then? Italy are such a unit though. And if Wales get past Belgium, they could go all the way...

Morrison Lard

World Cup 2018.

Please start a new thread for each game.

sprocket

Quote from: Blinder Data on June 28, 2016, 10:31:21 AM
Germany-Belgium final then? Italy are such a unit though. And if Wales get past Belgium, they could go all the way...

I could see Italy beating Germany, then having half their team suspended for the semi-final. I think they've got 11 players on a yellow.

Squink

Don't worry about England lads, Alan Shearer has got some bright ideas on what we should do next.

QuoteI went to see the FA four or five years ago and I said, 'I want it, I'll have that job'. They looked at me and said, 'No, it's a lack of experience'. And I said, 'You've hired experienced guys, you've paid them an absolute fortune, I could not have done any worse than those guys'.

I'd definitely speak to them, absolutely. I would offer my experience and tournament experience. Even if Gareth Southgate got it, for him to take players in with experience who've been there and done it then that has to be of benefit also.

He [Southgate] fits their remit, he has been with the Under-21s, he has been around the squad so I would back Gareth Southgate if he was to go in there. But I would also look at getting experience around him like Glenn Hoddle. Glenn was brilliant as a coach for England in my opinion, he has got so much to offer and is still young enough so I would totally back Gareth and Glenn."

Desolation.

Blinder Data

It's got to be Big Sam. He can be the capable caretaker while the FA sorts out its infrastructure, for a start forcing the Premier League to actually invest their billions in grassroots, the cunts.

Eis Nein

A Hoddle appointment will bring a merciful end to Wilshere's England stint. Instant karma.

Eis Nein

Beagle 2

The lack of any sort of lame-assed petition is testament to the complete lack of candidates - even ridiculous ones.

Eddie Howe is all I can think based on very fucking little.

Beagle 2

Fucking hell Sean Dyche is only 33/1

FUCKING HELL FUCKING HELL GOD

phantom_power

What better way to move away from the sins of the past and near metronimic reliability of England's choking and failing than to put two people who are a part of that history in charge

Morrison Lard

L'Équipe seemed to be a bit generous with the England player ratings-

BlodwynPig

4th in the WC qualifiers behind Slovakia, Slovenia, and Scotland

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Morrison Lard on June 28, 2016, 11:36:20 AM
L'Équipe seemed to be a bit generous with the England player ratings-

The BBC gave everyone 4 apart from Hart (3)

doppelkorn

I couldn't even bear to watch , so I've no idea who played well. I got home to watch it when it was already 2-1.

This thread (or its predecessor) was much more interesting.

phantom_power

No-one played well. Rashford did more in his 4 minutes than every other England player combined in the previous 86.

Oops! Wrong Planet

Make no mistake, the players will be hurting right now.

Morrison Lard

If you missed Ian Wright's Space Jam comparison, or if the link got lost in the last thread here you go-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xW8W0rclRU

koeman

imitationleather

If Wales win this thing I'll do this forum a favour and hang myself.

Utter Shit

Both main political parties and the England team are without a credible leader within the space of four days, mental. Get Guus Hiddink in. For all three jobs.

daf

John Quays

Sing of legend, sing of destruction
Witness the last of the god-men
Concede a goal by Sigthorsson
Cast the runes against your own soul
There is not much more time to go
Work fifteen hours for the good of the soul
And be humbled by Iceland

John Quays

doppelkorn

Quote from: Morrison Lard on June 28, 2016, 12:05:15 PM
If you missed Ian Wright's Space Jam comparison, or if the link got lost in the last thread here you go-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xW8W0rclRU

I love that he got the name of the team correct - the Monstars.

I bet he went to the premiere of that in 1997. Bet he has a big signed photo of him and Wayne Knight in Leicester Square. Maybe they got on really well that night, due to Knight's charming personality. Wrightly stongarmed him into giving him his phone number. In the cab home Ian's head was spinning with ideas for TV pitches: Wrighty and Knighty, It'll be All-Wright on the Knight...

But Wayne never returned his calls.