Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:27:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2016/17 (Manchester or bust?)

Started by Depressed Beyond Tables, July 09, 2016, 03:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

And the less said about my visit to the website Zalgirls18 the better, officer.

rjd2

https://twitter.com/ColinMurray/status/753215798546759680

Fair play to him. I ignored his radio stuff over the last few years, found him unbearable years ago, supposedly Murray has got much more likeable these days?

im barry bethel

Quote from: Norton Canes on July 13, 2016, 10:50:14 AM
The FA just basically give up.

Oh Christ no, does he realise he can't bring Djorkaeff and JayJay Okocha in on a free?, Kevin Nolan and Andy Carroll must be dusting off their passports

hewantstolurkatad

Quote from: im barry bethel on July 13, 2016, 05:04:00 PM
Oh Christ no, does he realise he can't bring Djorkaeff and JayJay Okocha in on a free?, Kevin Nolan and Andy Carroll must be dusting off their passports
but he can bring in

*googles Englands Euro 2008 team*
oh...

*googles England's WC 2010 team*
Emile Heskey, Jermaine Defoe, Peter Crouch, Stephen Warnock, Glen Johnson, John Terry, Shaun Wright Phillips

Gulftastic

Quote from: rjd2 on July 13, 2016, 04:44:16 PM
https://twitter.com/ColinMurray/status/753215798546759680

Fair play to him. I ignored his radio stuff over the last few years, found him unbearable years ago, supposedly Murray has got much more likeable these days?

I loved his show. It's the only one on TalkSport worth listening to. He had a terrific range of guests who all helped the show along. This is a shame.

im barry bethel

Always found him a bit irritating but fair play to the guy, is Collymore off for the same reason?

Depressed Beyond Tables

Collymore is producing an undercover investigation series for Crash TV.

Uncle TechTip

Fair fucks to Murray, he gave up a lot to leave his BBC career and go to talk sport, so this couldn't have been an easy decision. Or maybe it was. Either way he won't be gone for long, he's an excellent broadcaster.

Utter Shit

It's a laudable decision, tempered only slightly by the fact that he agreed to work for Talksport in the first place.

Beagle 2

Quote from: Gulftastic on July 13, 2016, 05:32:09 PM
I loved his show. It's the only one on TalkSport worth listening to. He had a terrific range of guests who all helped the show along. This is a shame.

Except Hawksbee and Jacobs, which is still consistently brilliant and laugh out loud after 16 years.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I hope the next three managers are Redknapp, Allardyce and Hoddle so the spectacular crash and burn is enough for the FA to say NEVER AGAIN.

Or at least LOOK - YOU WANTED IT YOU GOT IT: AND IT WAS SHIT

thraxx

Quote from: Gulftastic on July 13, 2016, 05:32:09 PM

I too found Murray unbearable, especially when he was on 5 Live, but I grudgingly have to say he was excellent on talk sport.  My respect for him grew today, and Collymore too (who is annoying too, his voice sounds like it is supposed to be on 45 rpm and is being played at 33 rpm).

Depressed Beyond Tables

He's a cute customer, Murray. I'm guessing he still has the MOTD2 slot and this makes his decision a great deal easier. Still, respect to the chap. Anything that translates as an 'up yours' to the Sun is a positive move. If only the numbers were even greater.

Talksport is a funny old bag. I listened to it for a few weeks a while back and felt like I should have my bowels checked. Those two muppets in the afternoon are terminally shite. There's one guy who does this chesty stifled guffaw after pretty much every line the other chap says. Inane giggling DJs is one of my all time pet hates.

phantom_power

Quote from: im barry bethel on July 13, 2016, 05:04:00 PM

Mark Noble might finally get that call-up

Quote from: thraxx on July 13, 2016, 10:42:03 PM
I too found Murray unbearable, especially when he was on 5 Live, but I grudgingly have to say he was excellent on talk sport.  My respect for him grew today, and Collymore too (who is annoying too, his voice sounds like it is supposed to be on 45 rpm and is being played at 33 rpm).

Collymore was binned off by station management. He didn't choose to leave.

kitsofan34

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on July 13, 2016, 11:21:00 PM
He's a cute customer, Murray. I'm guessing he still has the MOTD2 slot and this makes his decision a great deal easier.

He was sacked from that because he wasn't enough of "one of the lads" for the likes of Hansen and Shearer and all those detestable tosspots.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: kitsofan34 on July 13, 2016, 11:47:53 PM
He was sacked from that because he wasn't enough of "one of the lads" for the likes of Hansen and Shearer and all those detestable tosspots.

He left the BBC entirely because of that and because he felt they weren't giving him the freedom he wanted on the radio. So I don't expect him to immediately rock back up there.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: kitsofan34 on July 13, 2016, 11:47:53 PM

Oh really? I thought that's the very reason why he was a MOTD "2" presenter, as opposed to the 'box office' version.

So he's out adrift? Even more respect to the guy.

Old Thrashbarg

I believe he was presenting snooker on Eurosport during the World Championships. So he might still have that as a fallback for two weeks a year.

im barry bethel

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on July 14, 2016, 01:59:20 AM
Oh really? I thought that's the very reason why he was a MOTD "2" presenter, as opposed to the 'box office' version.

So he's out adrift? Even more respect to the guy.

Mark Chapman's gig these days, probably because Murphy & Known can call him chappers , like Sara Cox used to but with added fake mateyness

I like Colin Murray a lot. When he did MOTD2 I liked how he'd happily puncture the old boys club shite and challenge some of the lazy platitudes, actually being a fan rather than a lazy ex-pro. Adrian Chiles used to be quite good at doing that as well.

I liked him on 5 Live but couldn't listen to TalkSport because of the fact they play the adverts twice as loud as the programme and they're full of shouting for VANS and TOOLS and BETTING.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Kante to Chelsea.

That's Leicester fucked already.

MuteBanana

Mahrez wants to go to Arsenal apparently.

Big Sam for England is good. Need to stop looking for managers that we think are going to win trophies. Stop dreaming and start learning to put up with what we've got.

Van Dammage

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 16, 2016, 03:16:55 PM
Kante to Chelsea.

That's Leicester fucked already.

Really depends on who they can bring in now. I heard before that William Carvahlo was going to be brought in if Kante left. Although having said that, Mendy is a great midfield signing already. And Musa the pace whore will fit perfectly into their style.

Van Dammage

https://twitter.com/reinaldoandrade/status/754661796590522368

Terrible leg break for Demba Ba over in China. Video showing it up there ^. Fucking hell

Shay Chaise

Fucking hell no why did I watch. It looked like the legendary staircase falling down a staircase. God. Which one is his knee.

BlodwynPig

I can't work out how that happened. Must have been some velocity. Fucking hell

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: Beagle 2 on July 13, 2016, 07:35:49 PM
Except Hawksbee and Jacobs, which is still consistently brilliant and laugh out loud after 16 years.

They'd rightly be regarded as national treasures if they were on 5 Live.

Van Dammage

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 17, 2016, 08:01:12 PM
I can't work out how that happened. Must have been some velocity. Fucking hell

Exactly! It didn't look bad at first but then he falls a bit and you just see a limb flopping about.