Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:20:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2016/17 (Manchester or bust?)

Started by Depressed Beyond Tables, July 09, 2016, 03:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thraxx

Demba Ba?  Demda Aaaahhhh! More like.

That was horrible, the poor sod.  What are his chances of playing again after such a terrible break?  Did Busst or Eduardo ever recover.  Luke Shaw's is just back from a similar one.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: thraxx on July 17, 2016, 08:39:30 PM

That was horrible, the poor sod.  What are his chances of playing again after such a terrible break?  Did Busst or Eduardo ever recover.  Luke Shaw's is just back from a similar one.

Busst still walks with a limp. Eduardo played again, but i don't think he was ever the same.

BlodwynPig

Its basically the lower leg detached from the knee isn't it?

phantom_power

Quote from: thraxx on July 17, 2016, 08:39:30 PM

I don't think Shaw's was anywhere near as bad as that. His was just a double fracture rather than a complete leg fuck-up like Ba's

sprocket

I know it's a massively underwhelming list of candidates, but just how on earth is Steve Bruce in contention for the England job?

Squink

It makes perfect sense to me. England are shit, have been for years, high profile candidates have taken the job and failed and been roundly mocked by the media. The team constantly seems to fail regardless of the quality or otherwise of the players. No one wants this job, there's nothing appealing about it. Hence, Bruce.

Quote from: sprocket on July 20, 2016, 11:01:49 AM
I know it's a massively underwhelming list of candidates, but just how on earth is Steve Bruce in contention for the England job?

It does make the inevitable Sam Allardyce appointment look much better by comparison.

doppelkorn

It's a good time[nb]It's always a good time[/nb] to post this review of Steve Bruce's first novel[nb]OF THREE!!![/nb] STRIKER!

http://shocko.info/words/2015/7/16/striker-by-steve-bruce-the-full-review

Don't read it in the office, you'll be shaking with laughter. It's from Shocko, who also posts on here under some guise or other.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Steve Bruce is bad enough but those touting Hoddle deserve to be physically and in every other way killed.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 02, 1996, 07:23:39 AM
I tell you what, this Hoddle appointment has me creaming myself. I can only see trophy after trophy coming our way. The man is a genius and a legend.

^It's the opposite of the Samson effect. In those days Shoulders had hair, and spoke less sense. Or then again it could be the Kenny Samson effect in that back then he started drinking those classy European beers.

Van Dammage

At least Big Sam will tell Kane to fuck off if he tries to take free.

Squink

The last thing we need is players taking free. I'm all for clamping down on that.

hewantstolurkatad

Has Trapattoni been suggested by anyone?

Deanjam

At least it's a manager that I'll enjoy getting abused as he fails.

Or maybe he'll do good.

Either way.

imitationleather

What is doing good now? It's not the mid-noughties, quarter finals every tournament is some distant dream after the past two let-downs. Despite our usually excellent qualification record, we're not far off from being one of those nations you wouldn't be surprised to see not qualifying on a regular basis.

Deanjam

Quote from: imitationleather on July 20, 2016, 06:40:43 PM
What is doing good now?

Semis of a world cup/euros in a deserving fashion. I don't see any reason to lower what we hope for. If Wales can manage it, then I don't see why we can't.

imitationleather

By Russia 2018 we won't have won a knockout game for 12 years. Mind-blowing stuff, Clive.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: imitationleather on July 20, 2016, 08:51:36 PM
By Russia 2018 we won't have won a knockout game for 12 years. Mind-blowing stuff, Clive.

Small sample size though isn't it Andy? Fnarr

phes

having gone into a competition with some small amount of optimism, then been served up 2 stinkers, a close-shave stinker and a most-humiliating-performance-of-all-time, I can see the attraction of hiring a man who has failed to win or lose pretty much anything in 20 years. Let's just fucking be for a bit.

Oops! Wrong Planet

One word: Justinedinburgh.  Eel get ver Totnum leds playn ow vair skeens.

thraxx

The perfect post Brexit manager.

And if not, Foreign Secretary.

Van Dammage

Quote from: hewantstolurkatad on July 20, 2016, 06:23:58 PM
Has Trapattoni been suggested by anyone?

Managing the Vatican's football team last time I heard. I always have an image in my mind of the Football episode of Father Ted when I think of it.

thraxx

If it's to be Sam, at least we'll get rid of the fancy Dan in the dressing room:  Half will go because they won't want to play for him.  The other half will be mincers like Wilshere and Sterling.

We should at least never get turned over by the likes of Iceland with him in charge.  The price to pay will be Mark Noble and Lee Cattermole midfield though and Ryan Shawcross at centre-back.

Howj Begg

Eriksson will always be the second best England manager.

Obel

Allardyce is at least a step up from Hodgson.

doppelkorn

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Obel on July 21, 2016, 08:22:41 AM
Allardyce is at least a step up from Hodgson.

Just a Hodgson with a air pump up his urethra.

Good luck to him though. Proper football man.

Oops! Wrong Planet

Will his new England salary mean that he'll finally be able to afford to sue the BBC over the Panorama bribery allegations?