Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:55:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Game of Thrones Series Seven

Started by Gurke and Hare, August 31, 2016, 09:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

Not really fair, but coming of Twin Peaks and seeing all the rote, dramatic dialogue in that trailer, I'm thinking "yeah whatever mate" Anyway what's good isn't really going to come across in a trailer, so that's fine.

Also for some reason I had been thinking this would be the last season, but the plan is for season 8 to have 6 episodes isn't there? Did think it seemed crazy that they were planning on wrapping thing up in just these 7 episodes.

mothman

Yes, that's right, As I understand it. My hope is it'll allow some of them to maybe be a bit longer, like the season 6 finale was.

Also, 16 July. Don't think I knew that previously, just been "July" up to now?

Bhazor

A HBO trailer and no ass shot or lesbian fondling? What strange world is this?

mothman

Nah, that was just to hook the punters. Now they've got a taste, it's hacky-slashy-stabby untraviolence all the way, baby. Less chance that their target audience's parents will be told by Pastor Bob that it's corrupting them.

Besides, who's left? I suppose there's the possibility of some Khaleesi-on-Snow action, or some Littlefinger-on-Sansa (in his dreams, anyway), but anyone holding out for Arya-on-anyone needs to sit down and have a good long look at themselves. Worse, nobody's hanging out in brothels much anymore, so no random sexposition neither.

BritishHobo

I do hope Stannis survives this season.

mothman

Custard

Quote from: mothman on May 24, 2017, 10:57:23 PManyone holding out for Arya-on-anyone needs to sit down and have a good long look at themselves.

Why? She's 20 now! Very fair game

I do find Maisie Williams very attractive, mind. She's not even that great looking, but she has that x factor (seX factor more like, eh ladz?!)

BritishHobo

The main things I'm really excited for now are actual payoffs. The show's spent so long stretching the characters apart from each other that moments like Tyrion meeting Dany, or Jon and Sansa reuniting, were absurdly satisfying.

I'd like to see Arya bump into the pair of them (and the Hound), and I'd love to get at least one scene with Tyrion, Cersei and Jaime all in the same room.

Argh, we've been teased for so long, book and show. This is going to be glorious.

NoSleep

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 25, 2017, 12:53:31 PM
I'd love to get at least one scene with Tyrion, Cersei and Jaime all in the same room.

Where Tyrion dies at hands of Jaime while Cersei goes "nyahh"?

Gurke and Hare

Thursday

Quote from: Shameless Custard on May 25, 2017, 12:50:48 PM
Why? She's 20 now! Very fair game

I do find Maisie Williams very attractive, mind. She's not even that great looking, but she has that x factor (seX factor more like, eh ladz?!)

Isn't the character still technically about 12 or something though? (which is already aged up from the books)

Custard

But that'd mean Sansa is about 14

ARE YOU TRYING TO TAKE ALL OUR WANKING AWAY

Thursday

Just make sure it's over Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner specifically, not over Arya and Sansa

Custard

Steven

I only fancy Arya when she's disguised as a boy, so I'm alright.

Gulftastic

And for me, it's when she's blind.

The Duck Man

Quote from: Bhazor on May 24, 2017, 09:27:52 PM
A HBO trailer and no ass shot or lesbian fondling? What strange world is this?
Miss the lesbian kiss, then?

The new trailer for season 7 is just out. There is a lot there alright and am sure we can expect loads of crazy theories etc coming through soon. I cannot wait!!

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-season-7-new-trailer/

Head Gardener

Dog Botherer

Been rewatching the last season in preparation, and I dunno if the season just started slow or if Twin Peaks has ruined a lot of TV for me, but I was bored off me tits. Just really fuckin slow and some really stodgy dialogue. I do remember liking it when it aired though, will stick with it.

Davos is great though, isn't he? As long as he ends up alright and they don't give him some stupid heroic death I'll be grand with pretty much anything the show does.

Mr_Simnock

That gif is far too big memory wise and takes an age to load, not a better version anywhere?

Gwen Taylor on ITV

Quote from: Dog Botherer on July 12, 2017, 09:13:46 PM
Davos is great though, isn't he? As long as he ends up alright and they don't give him some stupid heroic death I'll be grand with pretty much anything the show does.

Sorry to say he dies in the final season of the books :(

mothman

Can we just go ahead and rename this TV subforum, from Picture Box to Not As Good As Twin Peaks, already? It'll save time.

Hangthebuggers

Yeah the quality of writing has dropped somewhat since the show runners are entering uncharted territory due to the scope of the story now settling beyond the current books. I've noticed this since season 4 to be honest. Season 5 was mostly hit and miss and so was season 6 (I mean still good TV, but a bit clunky, some weird decisions, weird dialogue and such) - for instance Tyrion's character seems to have lost something, Dany's scenes are predictable and the non-GRRM and the marriage of Sansa and Ramsay was just absurd and felt shoehorned in.

I have a feeling this season will be a lot better now it's entering the end game though. From what I've read about the scripts - there's a lot less plotting and more action, more battles and power struggles - rather than the typical insidious political back-stabbing. Many of the storylines and characters are merging now and I think the final strands of the plot will even out now that all the characters are were they should be.

Head Gardener

Bhazor

Quote from: Hangthebuggers on July 13, 2017, 11:22:27 PM
Yeah the quality of writing has dropped somewhat since the show runners are entering uncharted territory due to the scope of the story now settling beyond the current books. I've noticed this since season 4 to be honest. Season 5 was mostly hit and miss and so was season 6 (I mean still good TV, but a bit clunky, some weird decisions, weird dialogue and such) - for instance Tyrion's character seems to have lost something, Dany's scenes are predictable and the non-GRRM and the marriage of Sansa and Ramsay was just absurd and felt shoehorned in.

I have a feeling this season will be a lot better now it's entering the end game though. From what I've read about the scripts - there's a lot less plotting and more action, more battles and power struggles - rather than the typical insidious political back-stabbing. Many of the storylines and characters are merging now and I think the final strands of the plot will even out now that all the characters are were they should be.

Honestly after 20 years I'm happy for any kind of ending. Hell I'd make do with reading the synopsis on wiki.

Custard

I was surprised this is back tonight, as for some reason I thought it was coming more towards the end of the year.

Sadly, I think Twin Peaks coming back and being so great has taken a lot of the usual interest and excitement away from it

It's bound to be great though, so hurrah

Glebe

They're going to reveal who the new Jon Snow is after the Superbowl.

NoSleep

As long as his battle cry remains "Fuck the Tories!" the fans will be happy.

Thursday

Quote from: Shameless Custard on July 16, 2017, 10:55:44 AM
I was surprised this is back tonight, as for some reason I thought it was coming more towards the end of the year.

Sadly, I think Twin Peaks coming back and being so great has taken a lot of the usual interest and excitement away from it

It's bound to be great though, so hurrah

Unless I'm mistaken there'll still be one Twin Peaks left after the last episode in this series of GOT which seems weird.

They should get off their lazy arses and make more episodes frankly.