Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:52:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Conspiracy Theories

Started by Barry Admin, October 07, 2016, 03:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

I've been on the wacky side of YouTube again; you watch enough videos about Hillary, and it's inevitable.

Those on the right in particular like to focus on what seem like fairly apparent health issues, rather than her politics, or all the really shady shit she's pulled to suppress criticism and exert a huge influence on the media narrative.

So there's three main theories about Hillary's health; one, she has dementia, two she has Parkinson's, and three, she is infected with the degenerative disorder "Kuru", which is a by-product of cannibalism.

You see - and y'all need to know this stuff - the global elite/illuminati are essentially vampires who perform ritualistic killings (and/or buggerings) of young children, in order to absorb their essence and keep them young. Another school of thought is that the New World Order have to perform these sacrifices to appease a demon who they believe lives underground.

Hillary was recently arrested, but that's okay, because as another poster has pointed out, she has lookalikes standing in for her. She's also using holograms.

You have to presume that some people who perpetuate this stuff are seriously mentally ill, which is obviously really sad. I think it's always surprising when you look at the comments, though, and see quite so many people actually agreeing. I think the personal nature of YouTube is helping to make some of this stuff feel more legitimate. Also, when you see a video with like 300k views which states that HRC is a cannibal, and there are just legions of people not only agreeing, but adding to the narrative, the easily-swayed outsider types are going to think "hmmm... Maybe there's something to this after all."

So I just wanted to know some of the other conspiracy theories that are out there, as I find them fascinating in and of themself.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Barry Admin on October 07, 2016, 03:52:18 PM
So there's three main theories about Hillary's health; one, she has dementia, two she has Parkinson's, and three, she is infected with the degenerative disorder "Kuru", which is a by-product of cannibalism.

Four, she has syphilis. (Because someone saw a mark on her tongue in a freeze-frame of a low quality video.)

biggytitbo

Quote from: Barry Admin on October 07, 2016, 03:52:18 PM
You see - and y'all need to know this stuff - the global elite/illuminati are essentially vampires who perform ritualistic killings (and/or buggerings) of young children, in order to absorb their essence and keep them young. Another school of thought is that the New World Order have to perform these sacrifices to appease a demon who they believe lives underground.

These parts are true, just not literally.

AIDS/Ebola are CIA biological weapons (possibly manufactured by former Nazi's hired and hid by the agency post WWII), unleashed in Africa by accident/to wipe out the blacks.

Microwave weapons that control the mind are a reality and used to harass/discredit enemies of the state.

Rudolph Hess died/never made it across the channel in the first place and was replaced in Spandau by a doppelgänger

Hitler escaped to Argentina/Brazil via U-boat and lived out his life peacefully

There's obviously a vast amount of 9/11 ones, many of which are unconvincing - although given the sheer brazenness of the hijackers pre-attack and the many opportunities to catch them you can understand the conclusion that someone was in on it/staggeringly incompetent not to catch these guys.

Allen Dulles had Kennedy whacked as revenge for JFK sacking him as head of the CIA post-Bay of Pigs

There were two Oswald's, one of which made it his mission to leave behind a 'paper-trail' that would lead to the other one being more easily framed for Kennedy's assassination...

God, there's loads.

Black_Bart

Alex Jones is really Bill Hicks. Honestly, some people believe this.

As for the JFK CTs, I'm with Chomsky on this one. Most likely the Mob (or some people in the Mob).

billtheburger

One of my personal favourites is Dave McGowan and the Laurel Canyon Conspiracy :
Dangerous minds interview
Video interview

It includes all your favourite hippies -EG. Mama Cass, Charles Manson, Frank Zappa, Jim Morrison, Dennis Hopper - plus all the other shenanigans happening in that area of LA - Black Dahlia, James Dean, Jane Mansfield.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Quote on October 07, 2016, 04:19:52 PM
There's obviously a vast amount of 9/11 ones, many of which are unconvincing - although given the sheer brazenness of the hijackers pre-attack and the many opportunities to catch them you can understand the conclusion that someone was in on it/staggeringly incompetent not to catch these guys.

I liked that metal-worker guy who debunked the "jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams" shit by showing what steel is actually like when it's heated to such temperatures. It is kind of amazing that so many people feel cool about passing themselves off as experts on quite so many topics.

And then there's that willingness to simplify very complex narratives to make them look inherently implausible. So for instance, that "guys with box-cutters, controlled by a guy in a cave" shit... It just falls apart when you watch documentaries like "The Hamburg Cell" and realise the sheer levels of preparation and funding that went into the whole thing. And yeah, they got really lucky a bunch of times too. The muscle hijackers that accompanied them had practiced (and become accustomed to) killing by slitting the throats of camels. As I say, an enormous amount of thought and preparation went into the whole thing, so you can't just hand-wave it all away by deliberately referencing low-tech things like caves and box-cutters.

billtheburger

Plus there is no evidence of "box-cutters"

Black_Bart

QuoteI liked that metal-worker guy who debunked the "jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams" shit by showing what steel is actually like when it's heated to such temperatures. It is kind of amazing that so many people feel cool about passing themselves off as experts on quite so many topics.

Also Rudi Giuliani had an oil heating system installed (against H&S advice).

The CTs that arose from 9/11 are based on this kind of thinking "But, but... I thought rag heads were stupid, they couldn't possible have done this!".

chand

Quote from: Barry Admin on October 07, 2016, 04:37:24 PMAnd then there's that willingness to simplify very complex narratives to make them look inherently implausible. So for instance, that "guys with box-cutters, controlled by a guy in a cave" shit... It just falls apart when you watch documentaries like "The Hamburg Cell" and realise the sheer levels of preparation and funding that went into the whole thing. And yeah, they got really lucky a bunch of times too. The muscle hijackers that accompanied them had practiced (and become accustomed to) killing by slitting the throats of camels. As I say, an enormous amount of thought and preparation went into the whole thing, so you can't just hand-wave it all away by deliberately referencing low-tech things like caves and box-cutters.

There seemed to me like there was a mildly racist undercurrent to it too, an idea that Al-Qaeda were these primitive cave-dwelling simpletons with rudimentary tools who could never outsmart the white Americans who work at airports.

Quote from: billtheburger on October 07, 2016, 04:42:02 PM
Plus there is no evidence of "box-cutters"

I remember having something like a five-page argument with someone on here about this, it was one of the worst things I've ever been involved in on CaB.

I got bored of 9/11 stuff anyway. The Sandy Hook conspiracy theory really fascinated me, this idea that people believe the kids are still alive, or never existed, or the school was closed, or the school never existed, and all the 'parents' were actors. Like, the whole lot was fake. Two popular Sandy Hook theories posit not only that some of the kids are alive, but that they've made public appearances since; one apparently sat on Obama's knee when Obama visited her family to console them, the other theory holds that you can see several of them alive and singing away at the Super Bowl, when the surviving schoolkids were invited to perform. I found it incredible that people believe that the Obama administration was clever enough to fool most of the world with their elaborate massacre hoax, but also stupid enough to accidentally release photos of the kids they were pretending were did and then mistakenly invited them to one of the most-watched sporting events on earth.

A good one I saw recently is that the government sprayed chemtrails over Sandy Hook that morning to stop satellites seeing the real truth of what did or did not happen.

I've never took the 9/11 conspiracy theories to be racist (although some clearly are), for me they were more about the fact that the CIA and America had very good relationships with these people going back decades before they suddenly turned around and bit the hand that fed them.

The truth of these matters will no doubt never be got to the bottom of, so it feels almost pointless to look into them, but personally I'm glad some obsessive nutters do so, as very occasionally they'll turn up something of interest. And if they don't some of them can still be fascinating to read.

I'll be honest and admit I'm very open to CT's, being generally distrustful and suspecting deep down that somehow the bastards are lying to me/us. I'd like to think I'm not a hopelessly naive idiot without the ability to engage some critical thinking though. The whole 'buildings don't collapse like that, jet fuel doesn't melt steel' stuff I deliberately avoided because I've no understanding of either of those areas. How would I know the difference between a building brought down on purpose and one that just fell, purely from watching Youtube videos?

Equally, the sneery 'oh they're all loons' immediate dismissal annoys me and is as stupid as people who believe every conspiracy theory going.

Replies From View

The trouble with conspiracy theories is that if you don't believe one of them, somebody tells you off.

popcorn

What is this "boxcutters" idea? Googling gives me a lot of confused results.

Replies From View

Quote from: popcorn on October 07, 2016, 05:44:30 PM

It's the idea that you can cut a box, so why not step out of your comfort zone for once in your fucking life and try it.  It's not even that hard to do.

Barry Admin

Quote from: popcorn on October 07, 2016, 05:44:30 PM

https://www.corbettreport.com/911-a-conspiracy-theory/

Haven't got time to check at the minute, but I THINK this is rea - regardless, it shows how "truthers" use very loaded, silly arguments to sell their own versionl: http://www.checktheevidence.co.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=151&Itemid=60

Absorb the anus burn

Not much to say on this, as it has been covered on CaB so often...

To repeat...

1. ) If you believe in one conspiracy theory it doesn't mean you believe in every conspiracy theory.

2.) There are thousands of conspiracy theories that have been proven to be true. Get over it.... We are mere maggots to the powerful elites who rule over us.

3.) Calling somebody a 'conspiracy theorist' is an attempt to close down discourse, and suggest their thought processes are somehow lacking.

4.) The official story of 9-11 is a load of old pants.

Pepotamo1985

Rudolph Hess died/never made it across the channel in the first place and was replaced in Spandau by a doppelgänger

There's actually been really good academic work on the weirdness that is the Hess story. Something was definitely afoot, potentially on both Axis and Allied sides.

There were two Oswald's, one of which made it his mission to leave behind a 'paper-trail' that would lead to the other one being more easily framed for Kennedy's assassination...

As implausible as the 'Harvey and Lee' theory sounds (and there are definitely major problems with John Armstrong's thesis in certain respects) I do find the two Oswalds notion really fascinating, and there's much to suggest there's more than a kernel of truth to it. At the very least, he was pretty indisputably impersonated at various points. The entire Mexico city episode is a pretty big 'un, and there are memos from Hoover and others sent while Oswald was in Russia noting someone was using his birth certificate and ID.

Replies From View

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on October 07, 2016, 06:13:25 PM
Not much to say on this, as it has been covered on CaB so often...

To repeat...

1. ) If you believe in one conspiracy theory it doesn't mean you believe in every conspiracy theory.

2.) There are thousands of conspiracy theories that have been proven to be true. Get over it.... We are mere maggots to the powerful elites who rule over us.

3.) Calling somebody a 'conspiracy theorist' is an attempt to close down discourse, and suggest their thought processes are somehow lacking.

Spot the man who's never been sneered at for thinking the moon landings may possibly have happened.

Number 1 should be "You should be allowed to not believe every conspiracy theory in the world without being piled upon by a multitude of self-aggrandising Agent Smiths who think you are closed-minded for not believing their favourite one."

I wasn't doubting either of those theories. I just haven't had enough time/inclination to read up on them. I've a book on the Hess doppelganger concept somewhere that I never got round to reading.

I have read several Peter Dale Scott books on JFK which delve into 'there was another Oswald running amok' territory and, from memory, made a pretty convincing case.

I'm open-minded on both. The Hitler/AIDS ones I don't believe at all.

Pepotamo1985

2.) There are thousands of conspiracy theories that have been proven to be true.

Often, it's been the most paranoid voices that have been proven correct, too. Operation Gladio was suspected by left wingers and the Soviets themselves, to the point the KGB faked documents detailing a clandestine policy/plan that almost exactly matched what actually happened. Many in the new left thought something like COINTELPRO was going on while it was going on. The CIA's various coups around the world were branded as CIA coups, often to ridicule, throughout the Cold War. Gary Webb's original reporting on the Contra cocaine connection looks positively understated and mild today. The list goes on.

Creating the term has turned out to be potentially the CIA's most effective operation ever. The term conspiracy theory is essentially an insult in some quarters now, and can be used to shut down discussion or refute arguments/facts/suspicions without evidence. 'Conspiracy theories' have been so effectively tainted that any explanation of events suggesting clandestine behaviour on the part of the government or state institution is open to the accusation. Someone at work accused me of being a conspiracy theorist when I suggested the Coventry bombing was known about in advance but allowed to happen t'other day.

Replies From View

Separate theories sadly, AIDS didn't pass from monkey to human til long after Adolf had snuffed it.

Pepotamo1985

Quote from: Quote on October 07, 2016, 06:32:35 PM
I wasn't doubting either of those theories.

Didn't think you were!

Large Noise

This piece on conspiracy theories in the US is good: http://thebaffler.com/blog/protocols-moron-pein

I tend to agree with the idea that there's a problem of people not knowing how things don't work.

Take 9/11 truthers; they know what a controlled demolition looks like, but you'd need someone with experience in that area to tell you what a controlled demolition doesn't look like.

You can find evidence and convince yourself that Clinton has dementia, or some kind of brain injury, but unless you know about those conditions it's more difficult to evaluate the evidence that she doesn't.

The biggest issue is that conspiracy theorists don't know how government departments and agencies don't work.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Rather than always ascribing mental illness how about facing the reality that usually these people are not any more mentally ill than the next person?

It is within the capacity of the sane to believe insane things.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 07, 2016, 06:55:21 PM
Rather than always ascribing mental illness how about facing the reality that usually these people are not any more mentally ill than the next person?

It is within the capacity of the sane to believe insane things.

I said that though.

thenoise

If the US invented the 9-11 'official story' to justify their invasion of Afghanistan (and later Iraq), why did they pretend that it had been masterminded by a Saudi, and committed by men from Saudi Arabia (15), United Arab Emirates (2), Lebanon (1) and Egypt (1)?  Why not just pin it on Saddam Hussein and be done with it?

Replies From View

Quote from: Quote on October 07, 2016, 06:36:33 PM
Separate theories sadly, AIDS didn't pass from monkey to human til long after Adolf had snuffed it.

Thankfully though he didn't die in vain, in that regard.

Barry Admin

That reminds me, I watched some interesting documentaries about squaddie cunts a month or two back, and this Netflix one on the Navy Seals was pretty interesting. Had a guy going on about how they didn't want them burning out the oil this time round, so sent in loads of seal cunts on night time ops to secure it all before starting the actual shitfest. They were really worried about the possible impact on the environment, you guys.

RenegadeScrew

Quote from: thenoise on October 07, 2016, 07:07:31 PM
If the US invented the 9-11 'official story' to justify their invasion of Afghanistan (and later Iraq), why did they pretend that it had been masterminded by a Saudi, and committed by men from Saudi Arabia (15), United Arab Emirates (2), Lebanon (1) and Egypt (1)?  Why not just pin it on Saddam Hussein and be done with it?

I suppose in some way the official story can be considered pants without it necessarily being considered entirely invented by the government.  I'd personally say the portrayal of 9/11 stinks, but it is mostly true.  It stunk how the US covered up their poor response in the air.  It stunk how they covered up their connection to the perpetrators through foreign policy.  It stunk how they made it out to be the new crusades.  It stunk that the terrorists were portrayed as if they were far more highly-organised than they were.  It stunk in the sense that it was portrayed as being about a hatred of freedom, when the US funds a dictatorship in Saudi Arabia.  And so on.  The whole war on terror and axis-of-shit that it spawned was also stinking.