Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:13:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jon Glaser Loves Gear

Started by alan nagsworth, October 27, 2016, 06:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

So, this premiered last night. I have no comments on it because I have not seen it, because I cannot find it anywhere. Torrent sites are being a bitch for me. If anyone can help me out, I will give you money and put my hand down your trousers.

Also I guess we can talk about the show here once people have seen it. Namely me.

Small Man Big Horse

I'm in the same boat. Woke up this morning and the first thing I did was look for it, and can't find it on any of the torrent or filelocker sites, it's a right arse.

selectivememory

Yep, not finding it in any of my usual places. Which is helpful to you I'm sure.

alan nagsworth

Well at least we're all in this together eh?

fit bird

Have nothing to add except that I too spent most of my afternoon searching fruitlessly for a way to watch this tv programme.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 27, 2016, 06:29:41 PM
Well at least we're all in this together eh?

Not the americans. I bet they're laughing their fucking heads off at us.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 27, 2016, 06:31:45 PM
Not the americans. I bet they're laughing their fucking heads off at us.

They should be laughing at the telly, not at us! What a bloody backwards country that is

checkoutgirl

Didn't he direct Under The Skin? Also didn't he own Manchester United? Didn't he die a couple of years ago?

I think I'm confused by everyone having the same name. I think if people had different names it would be less confusing.

veletision

Not around yet anyway.

Might have to go with a US iTunes purchase.

McQ

I remember it being like this for Delocated back when that was still going. Often it wouldn't appear until a few days after it'd aired. It's tough going being a Jon Glaser fan in the UK. Hope it turns up soon!

Repeater

McQ

Small Man Big Horse

What's the situation with US itunes purchases? I've never bought anything from itunes at all but would it be a problem to buy it and then just chuck it up on to a filelocker? Or is there some sort of copyright protection?

Small Man Big Horse

Gah, that's annoying, and removing the DRM looks complicated and annoying too. Ah well, I'm prepared to wait a while but if it doesn't turn up within a few weeks I'll probably succumb.

thisaintnopicnic

Logged in on here for the first time in about 3 years to see if anyone had seen this as I couldn't find it anywhere. Looks like the first couple of episodes are now up on the 'spleen (in 1080i!). Looking forward to watching it, the trailer made it look very similar to Delocated (TV show within a show format) which was brilliant.

Small Man Big Horse

That's good to hear they're out there, but I hope someone on myspleen's able to convert them from 1080i at some point as my shitty old laptop crashes if I attempt to play such enormous files.

Thursday

VLC media player has some converting options. Look under the media tab, not sure what option would be best and if your laptop would even be capable of that.

Repeater

selectivememory

Quote from: Repeater on November 03, 2016, 09:35:23 AM
SOmeone hook me (up) please

I found the first episode this morning on a very well-known torrent site. You should able to find it now easily enough. Hope we don't have to wait another week for the next one.

Anyway, enjoyed it a lot. Was well worth the wait.

No one familiar with the man's shows will be surprised to hear that
Spoiler alert
Paul Rudd dies.
[close]

Small Man Big Horse

Do you mean the pirate bay? I just saw it there, though it's still a huge file (nearly 800mb, annoyingly for the limited internet connection I have). It's a 720p version though, so will at least play on my laptop unlike the ones on myspleen.

Edit: Ah, just found the 140mb version on the rapidmoviez filelocker site and the zippyshare link is the quickest and easiest to use.

selectivememory

Yeah, that's the one I downloaded. Haven't found a smaller file yet.

Small Man Big Horse

Ah, that was lovely. Had me giggling throughout, and I prefer it to Neon Joe, despite loving that too. And as mentioned,
Spoiler alert
the Paul Rudd death (though done very differently this time around) was hilarious stuff.
[close]

prwc

I thoroughly enjoyed it too. I don't think anyone makes me laugh more effortlessly than Jon Glaser in full on obnoxious jerk mode.

The way Steve Cirbus's character got
Spoiler alert
blurred out of the opening titles
[close]
by the second episode was brilliant, I can't think of many other people besides Glaser who'd dedicate themselves to a joke that stupid and flippant. There's so many similarities and callbacks to Delocated but format is different enough for it to still have some freshness to it.

Alas no eccentric billionaires contributed to the Quick Rush Kickstarter so it may not be happening.

NoSleep

Quote from: prwc on November 03, 2016, 04:53:27 PM
Alas no eccentric billionaires contributed to the Quick Rush Kickstarter so it may not be happening.

I just came here to post that link (as I just found it). Note that Gear-i is the instigator. Check out the incentives to contribute. Jon GlaSEARRR!

Can't seem to find any episodes except the first. Anyone?

Petey Pate

Quote from: clingfilm portent on November 05, 2016, 02:57:27 PM
Can't seem to find any episodes except the first. Anyone?

Same.  There's at least three episodes that have aired.

The first was really funny.  Could have done without the referencing of Jon Glaser's other TV shows but I'm guessing it was difficult to resist.

fit bird

They're available to watch the trutv website if you're an American.
Or if you're not and you're just a computer whizz with a proxy or whatever.

Small Man Big Horse

1.2 is now up on the rapidmoviez file locker site, just so folks know.

Petey Pate

It didn't occur to me until now that some of the people in this show are 'real', like the owner of the bike store, and that Jon's interactions with them are mostly improvised.