Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:29:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Steely Dan

Started by Porter Dimi, November 17, 2016, 09:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparers

Quote from: Ptolemy Ptarmigan on March 08, 2017, 04:46:09 PM
I think it was on here years ago that someone (possibly Louis Barfe) linked to the instrumental version of Green Earrings with the long, long outro.  Never get tired of that.

This might be for Dan completists only, but Fagen has collaborated on a track called Tin Foil Hat on Todd Rundgren's upcoming new album.

Full track is now up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GknsBhsYiL0

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

It's okay, nothing brilliant, like an unpolished demo for a Fagen solo album. I doubt Trump will ever get to hear it, but I like the "tweeting like a teenage girl" line.

Porter Dimi

On a vaguely related note, here's a Japanese album that sounds remarkably similar to late-period Steely Dan:

Makoto Matsushita - First Light

Mini

Steely Dan are playing the O2 Arena on 29 October! I think it's sold out now though. I tried to tell you sooner but the forum was down. Those hackers must hate jazz-rock or something.

grassbath

I'm fucking going, got a ticket. Stoked

doppelkorn

I wanted to go but I forgot when it went on sale. It'd be full of people like my dad though. Seeing as Steely Dan is just very good session musicians, I'll make do with Nearly Dan for now.

mrpupkin

^They're at the Jazz Café in October for £20 instead of £200.

doppelkorn

Quote from: mrpupkin on May 18, 2017, 10:45:20 AM
^They're at the Jazz Café in October for £20 instead of £200.

That's where I saw them last (about 3 years ago IIRC).

Audience was about 80% dads in Hot Tuna fleeces, 10% ageing rap hipsters, 10% Lionel Richie lookalikes who had done their jheri curls especially.