Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:36:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Theresa May in cartoon form (Dave Brown, Martin Rowson, Steve Bell etc.)

Started by Absorb the anus burn, December 10, 2016, 02:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Absorb the anus burn

I think the years 2010-16 have been great for political cartoons. The Guardian and Independent are hooked on ads, clickbait and are increasingly editorially irrelevant - but they still provide great satisfaction in their political cartoons, taking apart Trump to Cameron to Blair to Miliband to Corbyn to Obama... And now they are getting the measure of Theresa May.

Dave Brown's cartoons of the PM are fabulously offensive and are by far the sharpest critique of her reign so far.

Please share some of your recent favourites here.

Quincey

I like it when Steve Bell draws Theresa May as a clown.

In fact, I think the Government would fit in quite well with the clowns from Circus of the Dead

pancreas

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Got too used to drawing hawt Game Fuck/Space Cunts lasses.

Too fit.

The correct May drawing should at least include a basic crone element.

pancreas

imitationleather

That's great. Like all good content on here, I shall be stealing it and posting it on my facebook. I doubt anyone is going to think I drew it, though. Although, given the years of high-quality comedy and observations I've passed off as my own, anything is possible. (The signature might be an issue, though.)

glitch

Bell and Rowson in particular were fucking great with Boris and Trump last year.

I look forward to every Squires post, even though I don't follow football that much, as he manages to pack so much into every strip.

imitationleather

I'd recommend Squires' book, The Illustrated History of Football. It's top banana. Even non-football fans can enjoy it! (Apart from my girlfriend, who audibly groans whenever I get it off the shelf to show her something in a strip that I've just remembered. Ah, I know she loves it really.)

glitch

Quote from: imitationleather on January 16, 2017, 02:06:04 PM
I'd recommend Squires' book, The Illustrated History of Football. It's top banana. Even non-football fans can enjoy it! (Apart from my girlfriend, who audibly groans whenever I get it off the shelf to show her something in a strip that I've just remembered. Ah, I know she loves it really.)

I bought that for a friend who actually enjoys football, but haven't seen him recently to give it to him.

I'm half tempted to read it all first, even though I normally view this behaviours as a crime punishable by death.

Hank the Rapper

Not quite the same, but this image on the front of today's Mail filled me with despair, laughter and bilious nausea all at once.

pancreas

BlodwynPig

The handbag is the icing on the cake. Laughable is my mildest opinion.

Norton Canes

mook

yep, looks like shep's wearing a tartan nappy on arse about face.

MoonDust

That suit tho.

In all seriousness, yes, I saw that yesterday and it had to be the most nauseating front page I've seen this year. It's only January but I doubt any other could top that.

BlodwynPig

"We'll walk away from a bad deal, and make the EU pay"

Let's see how that turns out. Jesus christ - schoolyard stuff. "The French are a bunch of Nazis too! Nahhhhhhh", "Wedgie for the Germans!"

Pdine

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 19, 2017, 10:03:25 AM
"We'll walk away from a bad deal, and make the EU pay"

Let's see how that turns out. Jesus christ - schoolyard stuff. "The French are a bunch of Nazis too! Nahhhhhhh", "Wedgie for the Germans!"

It's also the cadence of the Trump "We will build a wall [fence] and what's more the Mexicans will pay [receive an uncollectable invoice post-fence]"

Absorb the anus burn

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

Steve Bell nails Theresa May - she's gone, she's toast!!!

Oh. November 2011.