Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:56:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rugby League 2017

Started by doppelkorn, January 11, 2017, 03:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanjam

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Deanjam

Gulftastic

Not as shit as Leeds. At least Warrington have the players to turn this around.

doppelkorn

Gulftastic

Well, what the fuck do I know? Fantastic reaction to last week's debacle. Cheers Leeds.

dr beat

Good to see 8-point tries are still a thing. 

Why are Saints losing? They're wearing red shorts.  St Helens don't wear red shorts.

Also.  Clare Balding: Rugby League, Crufts. Sweet gig.

Deanjam

Quote from: dr beat on March 11, 2017, 09:10:09 AM
Good to see 8-point tries are still a thing. 

Rather a soft one though. Seen worse not punished.

doppelkorn

Quote from: dr beat on March 11, 2017, 09:10:09 AM
Clare Balding: Rugby League, Crufts. Sweet gig.

What RL coverage is she doing?

doppelkorn

While Warringotn flounder, I thought I'd share a couple of RL tidbits I've come across over the past few days.

Here's Stuart Pearce talking about his mate Tony Smith and his admiration for Wire and RL in general (skip to 16:06). In that same podcast, John Kear advocates this (seemingly popular) idea of "two super leagues of ten" with one-up-one-down promotion and relegation. Fewer games, meaning more sellouts, in theory.

Finally, YouTube recommended me this clip of Stevo and Stuart Barnes (part 1, part 2) discussing players switching codes in 2010. The debate about switching codes is well-worn territory, and won't be that interesting, but Jesus Christ, RL needs better ambassadors than this. Stuart Barnes plays Stevo like a fiddle, basically letting him get himself wound up and playing the role of bitter northern rugby league fan. The highlight is about 5:30 in part 2 where he starts going on about Pontefract liquorice.

I dunno. Stuart Barnes isn't trying to make it into a competition, but Stevo can't resist.

So, to summarise, Wigan will win SL this year.

Gulftastic

That one try aside, Warrington have offered precisely fuck all in this game.

Deanjam

They've offered much amusement.

doppelkorn

I've not been this annoyed by a sporting result for as long as i can remember...

Mr Eggs

This is karmic punishment for the Warrington 2021 UK City of Culture bid.

doppelkorn

Is anyone else enjoying the Super League Show's new Set of 6 feature? Kyle Amor struggling to name six vegetables was good, but the man JJB called "a genius" - Ryan Hall - has shot to the top of the leaderboard this week by naming six nursery rhymes, six teams who have won the Challenge Cup, and six meats. Unfortunately, he gave "kebab" and "pizza" as answers to his "types of Cuisine" set, meaning he failed to complete a mathematically satisfying six sets of six.

Gulftastic

Ryan Hall. He is big and he is clever.

Gulftastic

3rd win in a row but fuck knows how. Huddersfield should be worried. We gave them so much ball from unforced errors in the second half but they could do nothing with it.

Wigan next week for 6s. We need to tighten up considerably.

Deanjam

Quote from: Gulftastic on March 25, 2017, 09:11:15 AM
Wigan next week for 6s. We need to tighten up considerably.

You've run into us at a good time with half the squad injured again.

Gulftastic

doppelkorn

THE SEASON STARTS HERE![nb]For Widnes [/nb]

Chris Sandow was last seen doing a Wiccan hex in the car park of the big IKEA.

dr beat

QuoteTHE SEASON STARTS HERE![1]

Didn't see that win coming, given that Leigh seem to have a lot of physical old heads, and we had a particularly light and inexperienced squad, but it looks like our half-backs bossed it.

Deanjam

Salary cap increased.

Good for the big boys, not sure anyone else will be happy.

doppelkorn

Come on!

Bentelimar Westwood strikes again.

Mr Eggs

The power of that logo flowing through Declan Patton's boot.

doppelkorn

This season of Super League is shaping up even more interestingly than last season, whihc means Wigan should boringly walk it.

I'm most impressed by Salford. In September you had a club that shouldn't have been in the middle 8s based on result basically implode on and off the field. I read that many players had already started contract talks elsewhere before the MPG, so I just expected them to slide down the leagues.

Now look.

Deanjam

Quote from: doppelkorn on April 09, 2017, 07:41:15 PM
This season of Super League is shaping up even more interestingly than last season, whihc means Wigan should boringly walk it.

Indeed we will if we can ever get anything like a full squad fit.

Deanjam

Keiran Cunningham sacked.

doppelkorn

MR. MCMANUS: TEAR DOWN THAT STATUE!

mikeyg27

Needs some big headphones.

doppelkorn

Kieron Cunningham's just appeared in my son's robot