Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:02:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Colossal

Started by Straight Faced Customer, January 20, 2017, 08:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Straight Faced Customer

Trailer for Anne Hathaway's puppet-kaiju rampage movie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlyFHc5Bsv4

Out in April, so until then you should entertain yourself with Shin Godzilla (Resurgence), and the odd Sion Sono musical Love and Peace from 2015. Interestingly, Colossal is set in Seoul, though, and not in the Big T.

zomgmouse

I've been looking forward to this - it's by Nacho Vigalondo, who did Timecrimes, which is great. I've been meaning to see his other films for a while now.

Straight Faced Customer

Had no idea he was behind this!

Glebe

Glebe

zomgmouse

Just saw this, was pretty good once you get your head round the fact that it's not really a monster film at all. Very heavy metaphors at play.

Shit Good Nose

Like the look of it, but my eyes rolled when I saw that Pegg was in it.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on April 05, 2017, 01:28:42 PM
Like the look of it, but my eyes rolled when I saw that Pegg was in it.

Is he? No mention on IMDb.

Shit Good Nose

I read it somewhere ages ago, and it's mentioned on his Wiki page.

Could be a little Star Wars type cameo, mind.

EDIT - read it here http://www.mobilenapps.com/articles/34428/20170123/anne-hathaway-controls-kaiju-first-colossal-trailer.htm

zomgmouse

I definitely didn't spot him in it although I wasn't keeping my eyes peeled specifically for him. But still.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: zomgmouse on April 05, 2017, 03:31:39 AM
Just saw this, was pretty good once you get your head round the fact that it's not really a monster film at all. Very heavy metaphors at play.

It's now available (though with korean subtitles) but I enjoyed it a great deal as well. I'm glad I read your comment above beforehand though as if I'd gone in expecting a monster movie I might have been a tad disappointed. That said what you get on that side of things is a lot of fun, at least until it starts to become quite horrific. Have to give kudos to all of the cast but Hathaway and Sudeikis especially,
Spoiler alert
I've not see him play a cunt before but he was damn good at it.
[close]

I didn't spot Pegg either so that site must be wrong. Or maybe he was originally cast and then edited out of the movie when they realised he was shit.

phantom_power

I thought this was brilliant. I wasn't expecting your average monster movie and it still surprised me with what it was actually like. The plot swerve halfway through completely took me by surprise.

In a very timely film, with potent themes that I really wasn't expecting to be explored, with some great performances to boot

weekender

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 29, 2017, 01:55:56 AM
It's now available (though with korean subtitles)

Does anyone know a way of easily removing subtitles from a video file?  I can suspend my disbelief enough to ignore them, but it would be nice to know.

*Sigh* My film backlog is growing again.  Thanks to everyone for posting though, this does look interesting.

Bad Ambassador

I can confirm that Pegg is not in the film, but Dan Stevens looks very slightly like him in low light.

Oh, and the film's excellent.

surreal

Saw this last night, enjoyed it a lot - very quirky and an original idea which didn't fall apart at the first bit of explanation.  Hathaway plays damaged very well, most of the other stuff I've seen her in she's been tarted up, but seemed very normal in this.  Good ending too I thought.  Generally recommended