Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:11:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

President Trump #4 - The First 100 Days

Started by Barry Admin, January 31, 2017, 06:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhazor

Students walking out on Mike Pence's graduation speech.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/05/21/mike-pence-speech-students-walk-out-notre-dame-graduation

Edit: Also on Fox

QuoteGutfeld: Trump's Errors Are Human, Not Political

In his monologue, Greg Gutfeld said President Trump's missteps are human and not a result of a political bent.

Gutfeld said that Trump has never before engaged in politics, spending all of his life as a private-sector businessman and citizen.

Regarding the report that Trump disclosed classified information to Russian envoys, Gutfeld said it is what humans do to create a friendly bond-- they gossip.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/05/21/greg-gutfeld-trump-human-not-politician-russia-flynn-comey

Starting to feel sorry for Fox trying to spin this shit so that liberals can still be the bad guys.

TheManOne

Ha! Perhaps he might start appealing to the women again, cause they love a gossip don't they eh? lads? eh?
Genuinely that's desperate though isn't it? I guess Nixon was just "naturally curious"?

Cloud

Watched the full speech here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoYDP2cWH-A

That... don't kill me but... actually seemed quite a good speech?  What matters of course is action but this really seemed like a different person.  Who's inhabiting his body and what did they do with the other Donald?

Undoubtedly written by someone else of course, but credit where it's due for actually delivering it and resisting the temptation to deviate from the script and start running his mouth and causing a massive diplomatic crisis.  He should talk about peace and co-operation (and basically let someone diplomatic write his speeches and stick to them) more often!

Or was it evil and nasty and I'm just not seeing it?  Will be interesting to see what the Saudi reaction is like.

If there's one downside I can think of it's that he seems to be demonising Iran pretty hard.  Need to know more about this claim that everything is caused by them, which seems like a precursor to bombing the crap out of them.

Bhazor

The guy just sold $100billion in arms to Saudi Arabia. Fuck his speech.

And he could barely speak, he sounded like he was mid heart attack. Or getting sucked off under the podium.

Zetetic

QuoteIf there's one downside I can think of it's that he seems to be demonising Iran pretty hard.  Need to know more about this claim that everything is caused by them, which seems like a precursor to bombing the crap out of them.
It's the only thing of any significance in the speech, right? Miserable.

Mr Banlon

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Bhazor on May 21, 2017, 12:34:31 AM
Best example being r/The_Donald where you had to subscribe to post and there were mass purges of wrong think like clockwork. This was also how they bloated their subscriber count. Now its become invite only because they're so worried of ebil liberals getting in and laughing at them.

Edit: Seems The Donald is back up and as wonderful as ever.

Theres like three seperate persecution complexes in there. Again if nothing else r/the_donald is well on the way to making the concept of memes as cringey as a Hot Topic pre faded Sex Pistol's shirt. Thank fuck.

According to another place I knock about on, they went dark because they were asked not to dox anti-Trump campaigners after they shared an entire database of names and addresses; SO UNFAIR.

Danger Man

USA-Saudi

The only special relationship that matters.

gib

who the fuck does that one in the middle with the little beard and tache look like?

Eis Nein

Quote from: Zetetic on May 21, 2017, 08:08:05 PM
It's the only thing of any significance in the speech, right? Miserable.

That's the Iran who've just soundly re-elected a reformist leadership. Better nip that in the bud.

Nothing says non-interventionist anti-establishment new broom, scourge of the Deep State, like a massive Saudi arms deal.

Urinal Cake

Back to business as usual guys. Atleast Obama limited some weapons going to Saudi after they showed a willingness to accept civilian casualties.

I guess if you're a anti-Muslim Trump supporter you just hope the entire region now turns into a glass crater.

Mr Banlon

Quote from: gib on May 21, 2017, 11:50:42 PM
who the fuck does that one in the middle with the little beard and tache look like?

Barry Admin

God damn, must be about 12 years since I listened to Sheik Yerbouti.

Benevolent Despot

Religion is a magic force-field. Compare and contrast:

"President Trump will deliver an inspiring but direct speech on the need to confront radical ideology and his hopes for a peaceful vision of Islam to dominate across the world."

"President Reagan will deliver an inspiring but direct speech on the need to confront radical ideology and his hopes for a peaceful vision of Communism to dominate across the world."

chocky909

Quote from: gib on May 21, 2017, 11:50:42 PM

Rafa Benitez?

Ambient Sheep

On a lighter note (which I think I need right now after Manchester), here's some amusing Photoshops of what Trump might have written on the note he stuck in the crack of the Western Wall:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40003636

Pdine

Trump asked intelligence chiefs to push back against FBI collusion probe after Comey revealed its existence

QuoteA senior intelligence official said Trump's goal was to "muddy the waters" about the scope of the FBI probe at a time when Democrats were ramping up their calls for the Justice Department to appoint a special counsel, a step announced last week.

Senior intelligence officials also saw the March requests as a threat to the independence of U.S. spy agencies, which are supposed to remain insulated from partisan issues.

"The problem wasn't so much asking them to issue statements, it was asking them to issue false statements about an ongoing investigation," a former senior intelligence official said of the request to Coats.

Alberon

What a moron. The investigation would have been embarrassing to his presidency, but I doubt there's any serious connection to Trump himself so he would have survived and put it behind him. Probably wouldn't have lost much support from his bedrock supporters who are sticking with him for now, it seems.

But now childish impatience and ignorance of proper procedure have put him square in the firing line. What an utter utter moron.

Completely coincidentally Vice President Pence has launched his own political war chest. The PAC called 'Great America Committee'. It's unusual for Vice Presidents to launch one and usually indicates they plan to run for the top job. Initially it will be used to fund Congress reelection funds for next year. Some have wondered whether it means Pence is preparing a run in 2020.

I wonder if he would challenge Trump (assuming that tit is somehow still in office by then)?

Pdine

Quote from: Alberon on May 23, 2017, 12:52:18 PM
What a moron. The investigation would have been embarrassing to his presidency, but I doubt there's any serious connection to Trump himself so he would have survived and put it behind him. Probably wouldn't have lost much support from his bedrock supporters who are sticking with him for now, it seems.

But now childish impatience and ignorance of proper procedure have put him square in the firing line. What an utter utter moron.

I think you're probably right that this wasn't a serious and coordinated joint effort by the Trump campaign and Putin. However I do think that a lot of people who took part in the campaign might have questionable financial links to Russia, Turkey, or just in general. Trump knows enough to know that once the investigations hit a certain level they will all get subpoenas for their financial records. Once that happens, their only choice is to comply or plead the Fifth:

Interesting article on Flynn's argument that he can refuse a subpoena for documents under the Fifth Amendment, which is usually  thought of as only protecting current speech.

We already know that Trump is deeply resistant to producing his financial records, but pleading the Fifth like Flynn would be unsustainable for a sitting President, I reckon.

hewantstolurkatad

Quote from: Alberon on May 23, 2017, 12:52:18 PM
Completely coincidentally Vice President Pence has launched his own political war chest. The PAC called 'Great America Committee'. It's unusual for Vice Presidents to launch one and usually indicates they plan to run for the top job. Initially it will be used to fund Congress reelection funds for next year. Some have wondered whether it means Pence is preparing a run in 2020.

I wonder if he would challenge Trump (assuming that tit is somehow still in office by then)?
If Trump's still there in 4 years I can't imagine Pence'll be running. Planning to run for reelection seems a more likely motive behind that PAC.

If Trump does go down, it'd be near impossible that another Republican will be able to run in 2020 other than incumbent President Pence. Like, if Reagan couldn't beat Ford in the primaries, what chance has Cruz/Ryan/Paul/whoeverthefuckelse of getting over that hump.

Howj Begg

Quote from: Pdine on May 23, 2017, 01:08:09 PM
I think you're probably right that this wasn't a serious and coordinated joint effort by the Trump campaign and Putin. However I do think that a lot of people who took part in the campaign might have questionable financial links to Russia, Turkey, or just in general. Trump knows enough to know that once the investigations hit a certain level they will all get subpoenas for their financial records. Once that happens, their only choice is to comply or plead the Fifth:

This is what i think as well. I certainly don't think Trump is unaware of those leads either.

Pdine

This one is Three Stooges-tastic too:

Donald Trump denies a Russia allegation that no one made

After all news outlets were very careful not to publicise the 'codeword level' intelligence source that Trump supposedly chatted with the Russians about in the Oval Office, Trump reveals it by denying he revealed it.

RenegadeScrew

Quote from: hewantstolurkatad on May 23, 2017, 01:08:44 PM
If Trump does go down, it'd be near impossible that another Republican will be able to run in 2020 other than incumbent President Pence. Like, if Reagan couldn't beat Ford in the primaries, what chance has Cruz/Ryan/Paul/whoeverthefuckelse of getting over that hump.

A lot of time has passed and a lot of things have changed.  It would (much like Trump's primary victory) depend on a lot of things.  In particular, any establishment figure running against Pence would allow for a tea party candidate or even another bat-shit outsider tea party protectionist free-market pro-Russian anti-Iranian pro-Israeli anti-NATO candidate like Trump.

It's far from my area of expertise, but Nixon is and was far less of an outsider.  Trump is not Nixon, he's Reagan.  He's Reagan running against Ford while shouting about what an ugly cunt Ford's wife was – especially given how much she looked like Thatcher.

If Trump was impeached and Pence running next time, I can imagine many scenarios where a younger and more senile version of baby-faced McCain runs for the establishment GoP.  Never mind a Tea Party candidate.  And I suppose some sleep-inducing mentally-deficient neurosurgeon or something.  Sam Harris will probably run.

Howj Begg

Quote"We stand in absolute solidarity with the people of the United Kingdom," Trump said. "So many young beautiful, innocent people living and enjoying their lives murdered by evil losers in life.

"I won't call them monsters because they would like that term. They would think that's a great name. I will call them, from now on, losers, because that's what they are. They are losers. And we will have more of them. But they are losers, just remember that.

fuck off, cunt

the idea that the victims might also, quite obviously be losers clearly lurking problematically inside that insanely stupid statement

and hey, what about all that 'call radical islamic terrorists radical islamic terrorists' stuff? no, we should have known, call them losers, that's what'll solve the issue

Terrorists are clearly on a par with Rosie O'Donnell

Stonefish

Sorry this is off topic but what's with the annoying videos on these news websites? If I don't want to watch them then they stalk me around the rest of the page and start playing automatically while I'm trying to read the fucking article.

Pdine

Quote from: Stonefish on May 23, 2017, 03:44:23 PM
Sorry this is off topic but what's with the annoying videos on these news websites? If I don't want to watch them then they stalk me around the rest of the page and start playing automatically while I'm trying to read the fucking article.

You can mute the tab in Chrome, but yeah it is getting ridiculous.

Alberon

Quote from: Howj Begg on May 23, 2017, 03:32:08 PM
fuck off, cunt

the idea that the victims might also, quite obviously be losers clearly lurking problematically inside that insanely stupid statement

Harsh language from Trump for who there is no greater insult than 'loser'.

Howj Begg