Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:39:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

President Trump #4 - The First 100 Days

Started by Barry Admin, January 31, 2017, 06:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brat-sampson

Quote from: hewantstolurkatad on May 25, 2017, 05:40:48 AM
That montana election everyone was looking at as being a barometer of how trump is doing has likely been a bit distorted by the republican candidate body slamming a reporter last night.

There's me wondering if it's not just some viral marketing for Far Cry 5.

Barry Admin

Quote from: hewantstolurkatad on May 25, 2017, 05:40:48 AM
That montana election everyone was looking at as being a barometer of how trump is doing has likely been a bit distorted by the republican candidate body slamming a reporter last night.

I saw that after I finished rewatching loads of Andy Kaufman footage last night - including of course his feud with Jerry Lawler - so it was weird as fuck. I mean, even weirder than it already is.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Blumf on May 24, 2017, 09:45:18 PM
And that's exactly what he want you to think. You see, he's several steps ahead of you. He's playing chess in Hilbert Space. He's in your head, and he's playing you.

That, or he's a berk.

That's possible too.

Yes, possible. I had on the BBC News and was staggered to hear them having to quote him. "And after the meeting, President Trump said Pope Francis is 'really good.'" Oh, ok. A wordsmith. He knows words; he has the best words.

Cuellar

US politics is like a cosy escapist sitcom at the moment. Love it.

Quincey

QuotePoverty is largely "a state of mind", housing secretary Ben Carson has claimed, dismaying observers who had modest hopes for his tenure.

Carson, the neurosurgeon who heads the agency charged with helping low-income Americans gain access to affordable housing, told Sirius XM radio: "You take somebody who has the right mindset, you can take everything from them and put them on the street, and I guarantee in a little while they'll be right back up there."

He went on: "And you take somebody with the wrong mindset, you can give them everything in the world, they'll work their way back down to the bottom."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/25/ben-carson-poverty-state-of-mind

Howj Begg

HappyTree

Hey Ben, some great, inspiring thoughts on the power of self-determination. We hereby grant you the privilege of proving this. Your bank accounts have been closed and your house burned down. God Bless America! See you back at the top in a couple of years, yeah?

Paul Calf

Head Gardener

Benevolent Despot

Does anyone else get Lt. Frank Drebin vibes from Trump?

Drebin was generally well-intentioned, so not really.

Urinal Cake

Here's a clip of him pushing out the Prime Minister of Montenegro. The conceited look, adjusting of his coat, the rejected look of the PM as he thought Trump was going to talk to him and Trump totally dismissing what the women says is layers upon layers of cringe.https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/867758571882258432?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-3146287303585190471.ampproject.net%2F1495054386926%2Fframe.html

Like a child.

Howj Begg

"The Germans are evil, very evil," said Trump.

djtrees

Quote from: Urinal Cake on May 25, 2017, 10:20:38 PM
Here's a clip of him pushing out the Prime Minister of Montenegro. The conceited look, adjusting of his coat, the rejected look of the PM as he thought Trump was going to talk to him and Trump totally dismissing what the women says is layers upon layers of cringe.https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/867758571882258432?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-3146287303585190471.ampproject.net%2F1495054386926%2Fframe.html

Like a child.
I think this is the most sinister thing ive seen t' donald do. from that small clip if im reading it right (and it may be out of context etc) but he grabs someone in the middle of a conversation, pulls them out of the way, ignores their look of incredulity, does a pose and a flex, then starts pointing at merkel. I work with 5 year old children and they know that that is the behaviour of a cunt. it really is weird and chilling that this individual is anywhere near a position of power.

phantom_power

You could have an hour-long supercut of his various handshake atrocities

Jackson K Pollock

Quote from: Head Gardener on May 25, 2017, 08:16:45 PM

I know this is a stupid question, but this is fake, right?

I just... honestly have no idea anymore.

Pdine

Quote from: Jackson K Pollock on May 26, 2017, 07:19:20 AM
I know this is a stupid question, but this is fake, right?

I just... honestly have no idea anymore.

Check out the Pope's cuff...

Ambient Sheep

I don't know whether to be relieved or disappointed.

steveh

Quote from: Urinal Cake on May 25, 2017, 10:20:38 PM
Here's a clip of him pushing out the Prime Minister of Montenegro.

On Twitter there have been people suggesting that as a deliberate move, Montenegro having just joined Nato against Russia's wishes, but Trump just being a dick as usual seems a sufficient explanation really.

Paul Calf

Also, in the zoom Trump's cuff is showing about an inch. In the pan, it's not showing at all. An inch is slightly too much, but it shows that the model was dressed by someone who knows how to wear clothes, as opposed to Trump, who doesn't.

It's really well done though.

Head Gardener

Cuellar

Emmanuel Macron getting in on the shade throwing:

https://twitter.com/EmmanuelMacron/status/867807337364500480

The great thing is that it's so obvious stuff like this matters to Trump that any politician wanting to needle him has a really easy way of doing it.

Camp Tramp

I had a bizarre Trump related dream last night.

I had just finished the latest Tom Clancy thriller (Which he no doubt dictated via automatic writer) and was scanning through his afterword.

He was incredibly happy that Donald Trump was now able to interact with international leaders and had the chance to use his charisma and wisdom on the World stage.

In Clancy's world, Trump is Jack Ryan.

phantom_power

Quote from: Cuellar on May 26, 2017, 09:45:39 AM

The great thing is that it's so obvious stuff like this matters to Trump that any politician wanting to needle him has a really easy way of doing it.

Although it is in French so he won't understand it

Quote from: Cuellar on May 26, 2017, 09:45:39 AM

Is the thing where Trump violently jerks somebody's hand towards him during a handshake some kind of macho boys club power play thing? Or is it just a deeply bizarre idiosyncrasy?

Cuellar

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on May 26, 2017, 11:38:27 AM
Is the thing where Trump violently jerks somebody's hand towards him during a handshake some kind of macho boys club power play thing? Or is it just a deeply bizarre idiosyncrasy?

I think the former.

Trump is basically a Think Yourself To Boardroom Domination, Success Is For The Strong, 10 Routines To Business Power book made flesh.

p.s. The first step of which is "1. Inherit vast sums of money and a business empire"

Eis Nein

Trump Administration Conflicts Of Interest: How Gary Cohn Could Sell U.S. Infrastructure To Goldman Sachs

QuotePresident Donald Trump's administration this week touted an infrastructure plan that would sell off public assets to private financial firms. Left unsaid in the White House promotional materials was any mention that the Trump aide who is overseeing the initiative comes from a Wall Street firm that says it is seeking to buy up the very same kind of assets the Trump administration plans to sell off.

Leading the White House privatization initiative is Gary Cohn, the former president of Goldman Sachs, who received a $285 million dollar payout upon leaving the bank and taking a job as the director of Trump's National Economic Council. As Cohn has led the infrastructure privatization initiative from that perch, Goldman Sachs declared that it continues to look at "new business initiatives" that revolve around taking ownership of public assets, according to Securities and Exchange Commission documents reviewed by International Business Times.

I'll drain so much, you'll get tired of draining.

Head Gardener