Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:49:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Detroiters

Started by Ron Superior, February 10, 2017, 11:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Superior

Anyone else watched Detroiters?  It's on Comedy Central, and was created by Sam Richardson and Tim Robinson. I love Sam Richardson as Splett on Veep.

It's basically about 2 friends running an ad agency in Detroit.

First episode was good fun. Fairly standard storyline but with enough surprises and tangents to keep it interesting. I liked the leads, they were deluded enough to be fun characters but steered the right side of being lame and hacky.

The first episode was the pilot I think and they've got a 10 episode run so it'll be interesting to see where they go with it.

pancreas

I gave it a try but didn't make it to the end. I thought the unbreakable glass bit went on for far too long. A bit ideas-light---which was making me bored. Sometimes things improve post-pilot, of course.

perdothegit

Just finished watching the pilot. Thought it was pretty funny. It's got an unusual rhythm and I am curious where it will go.

Robot DeNiro

Has anyone else watched this?  I'm 4 or 5 episodes in, and am enjoying it.  The friendship between the two lead characters is really endearing, and the plots are pleasingly quirky.  It's nothing groundbreaking, but I'd say it's worth a watch.

Incidentally, have we found a US sitcom that Small Man Big Horse doesn't watch?!

Ron Superior

Yeah, I finished the whole run and really enjoyed it on the whole. Some of the ads were amazing, like Husky Boys and the mirror store.

Glad it got picked up for a second season.

Robot DeNiro

That's great that it's got a second season.  The performers really sell the material, and I find the whole show very charming.  I think the second episode was quite a big improvement over the first, especially the security guard's ad pitches, so I'd say it's worth giving it at least a couple of chances.

Quote from: Robot DeNiro on May 25, 2017, 11:38:18 AM
I think the second episode was quite a big improvement over the first, especially the security guard's ad pitches, so I'd say it's worth giving it at least a couple of chances.

Agree with this. Didn't really get what the first episode was going for and it seemed a bit too scattershot but really enjoyed the second one. Looking forward to watching the rest.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Robot DeNiro on May 23, 2017, 10:57:25 AM
Incidentally, have we found a US sitcom that Small Man Big Horse doesn't watch?!

Heh, I don't! But I have had the first episode on my hard drive for a while now so may just rectify that tonight.

Small Man Big Horse

Once again I was stinky liar, but I have watched the pilot now and quite enjoyed it. The brainstorming / door breakage scene dragged a bit but otherwise it made me laugh a fair bit, and I'll definitely watch the rest of the series soon.