Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:41:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Desolation III: The Arid Mind

Started by BlodwynPig, February 13, 2017, 08:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Desolation
« on: September 22, 2014, 10:19:03 pm »
Things are getting far too upbeat around here for my liking.

Desolation:

A balding man in ill-fitting suit eating a dessert in a deserted, cheap diner. His eyes briefly meet mine and I understand.

Desolation:

A man just past his peak, wolfing down bad chips in a secluded alleyway before shoving them in a bin and strutting back out into the public in all his finery, but smelling of grease. I espied him down that alleway and understood.

Desolation:

A young father, already aged by 10 years trying to placate his bawling infant son on a crowded bus. His hackles rise and he nearly snaps. A younger guy steps into the breach, acting the fool, making the kid giggle and the passengers swoon. I see the sweat stains filter through the tatty t-shirt and understand.

I am happy to observe desolation. It gives me great joy and warmth.

Desolation.

"Two and a half years since I wrote that" he thinks.

"Two and a half years since happiness fluttered in my breast" he laments.

"Two and a half years since..."

He wanders to the store room and opens the deep freezer.

"It's all right, my lovely, another chapter is just beginning...." he smiles.

spamwangler

the snow tracks of a pram, leading into a canal

pancreas

The blood in the shit. Not long now.

BlodwynPig

The sword in the stone
The candle in the wind
The marrow in the bone
The sinner and the sinned

The stag in the wood
The arrow in the slit
The bad and the good
The blood in the shit

Costa Poetry Prize Winner, 2018

spamwangler

Quote from: pancreas on February 13, 2017, 09:26:27 AM
The blood in the shit. Not long now.

A little blood in a toilet bowl looks like a lot. It drags on for another 3 gut busting years, enough time to totally alienate all of his remaining friends and family

BlodwynPig

Dave takes his stool around the shopping mall, asking strangers "is that blood?"

pancreas

Quote from: spamwangler on February 13, 2017, 09:03:32 AM
the snow tracks of a pram, leading into a canal

the snow tracks of a butcher's trolley, leading away

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on February 13, 2017, 09:46:41 AM
the snow tracks of a butcher's trolley, leading away

no footprints...either way

spamwangler

some real competition strength deso there guys

Spoon of Ploff

BlodwynPig

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 13, 2017, 10:44:59 AM
"Není to popel, šéf, to je zmrazené sperma!"

Do I neg you for making me use Google translate?

Fishfinger

Quote from: spamwangler on February 13, 2017, 10:36:49 AM
some real competition strength deso there guys

Peaking early. It's all downhill from here to page 100.

Perfect.

Fishfinger

Martin's mum finds a collection of cat legs in a shoe box under his bed. Inch by careful inch she slides it back into its hiding place. Extra Febreze from now on.

pancreas

Quote from: Fishfinger on February 13, 2017, 11:59:07 AM
Martin's mum finds a collection of cat legs in a shoe box under his bed. Inch by careful inch she slides it back into its hiding place. Extra Febreze from now on.

Turns out the Febreze is not necessary. By the next day it's just bones, picked clean.

Twit 2

Raped with an N64 controller.

A spilled bag of beaks.

Digestive apology.

Graham.

Glebe

Harald Legend paused. With the high-street sleet hitting his face, a tender thought touched his mind. Where is my son, Gary?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Glebe on February 13, 2017, 02:10:44 PM
Harald Legend paused. With the high-street sleet hitting his face, a tender thought touched his mind. Where is my son, Gary?

Oh there he is dressed as the man from moneysupermarket.com and doing that dance. Oh, Gary...watch out for that big fella coming over.

Berthas Fat Leg

Ivor puts the finishing touches onto his 'Boobnoculars' - basically a normal pair of binoculars with pictures of 'birds with their tits out' prittsticked over the lens.

'This is going to be amazing' he says, to no-one in particular.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Berthas Fat Leg on February 13, 2017, 03:52:58 PM
Ivor puts the finishing touches onto his 'Boobnoculars' - basically a normal pair of binoculars with pictures of 'birds with their tits out' prittsticked over the lens.

'This is going to be amazing' he says, to no-one in particular.

His wank is not forthcoming having stuck the pictures on the wrong end of the boobnoculars. "damn it, damn it to hell!" he screams...scattering some pigeons by the swings.

spamwangler

the lurching, hungover realization that overnight you have lost your Laryngectomy virginity

Glebe

Geraldine woke from a terrible nightmare in which her husband Gregg had cooked the dog. Suddenly, a call came from downstairs.

"Grubs up, love!"

GREGG HAS NEVER COOKED A MEAL IN HIS LIFE.

Berthas Fat Leg

A wrongly-accused beagle is thumped to fuck by its owner for leaving shit all over the patio again.

The real culprit peeps from the upstairs window of a neighbouring house, smirking.

spamwangler

A broke dyslectic single mum stays up till 4AM sewing writing on a t-shirt for her 18 year old son's birthday. Its a shirt of his favorite show;

Its Always Sunny In Paedophillia

Glebe

Keith opens a tin of pinapple chunks. The sell-by date is 1/4/08.

Berthas Fat Leg

A pair of soiled pantaloons are used to garrotte a sod.

BlodwynPig

Real one:

It's mid-February, the downstairs curtains of the 2-up 2-down remain resolutely closed. More befitting a deckchair than a poxy terraced house.

Still plastered to the window, two hand-made christmas decorations, a snowman and a christmas tree. Hints that something terrible has taken place beyond those shabby drapes.

Spoon of Ploff

"S'for shits'n giggles.... shits'n giggles" he breaths, as he scores the flesh of his left thigh with the names of the Dad's Army cast  (1968), using a broken piece off a Toby jug.

A CABer contemplates changing his avatar to this:

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 14, 2017, 08:56:08 AM
Real one:

It's mid-February, the downstairs curtains of the 2-up 2-down remain resolutely closed. More befitting a deckchair than a poxy terraced house.

Still plastered to the window, two hand-made christmas decorations, a snowman and a christmas tree. Hints that something terrible has taken place beyond those shabby drapes.

We've got one of those round here. Giant inflatable snow man above the porch, and external lights still up. I don't think there's anything sinister about it. I just think they're being incredibly lazy... I'm going to feel a right silly billy when news of the family massacre makes it into the local paper aren't I?

madhair60

On one page

Desolation

Desolation II

(Will properly archive/backup Desolation II tonight)