Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:41:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

For Honor - 3rd person multiplayer brawler with fighting game mechanics!

Started by Barry Admin, February 14, 2017, 10:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

This is out today. Anyone got it, or planning to? I'm very tempted to take a chance as people have been super-positive about the beta, and you really want to be in fighting or multiplayer games on day one.

It looks ace. Vikings vs Samurai vs Knights.

Supposedly very deep combat system. I've seen people say it's the best melee combat they've ever experienced.

Barry Admin

Watching on Twitch. Yeah I need this. Not even bothered what single player is like, haven't been into MP much of late, or gaming either. The combat does look like it feels nice and weighty in a Dark Souls manner.

Shay Chaise

I would honestly say be careful. I was quite up for it, large scale Souls-style multiplayer combat sounds great but I played the Beta and it was very average. The fighting mechanics are interesting with the variety of stances but it's not really any more complex than Zelda Skyward Sword. I suspect it will fade quite quickly unless there is much more depth to it than the demo suggested.

LanceUppercut

I played the beta, didn't lose one match in one on one,  seems a bit easy it shows you where there going to attack you so it's block then strong attack and you win!

Not my kind of game though. Seems a bit samey.

Barry Admin

Well I took a chance on this and have been really enjoying it, the combat keeps pulling me back. Absolutely loving the hybrid characters, mostly been using Valkyrie (who is getting buffed, yay), and just starting on Nobushi today.

The depth kind of depends on which character you choose, so "hard" characters like the hybrids have a lot more cancels and ways of linking attacks.

The single player is just meh, an introduction to the game and its mechanics. Multiplayer is a huge amount of fun though, although the game will definitely vary from new game modes and such.

The setting is lovely, it's a lot of fun to play on medieval battlefields, where castles take cannon shots and such.

Seems like this will follow the Rainbow Six Seige DLC model as well, where everything can be unlocked via ingame currency, and season pass holders get a weeks head start on new characters and the like.

Van Dammage

Is anyone else playing this? I forgot all about it but my brother bought it recently and I seem to have become addicted. It's insanely satisfying to get a kill. You really feel like you've earned it. The first DLC characters are coming out later this month I think.