Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:21:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

OJ: Made in America

Started by George Oscar Bluth II, February 25, 2017, 11:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 11, 2017, 12:30:22 PM
How did he sign all those autographs with a finger oozing blood?

He didn't need a pen at least.

popcorn

I watched this and thought it was quite good.

Now I've just started the recent TV drama based on the case, and it seems quite bad. Is it quite bad?

They seem to have applied some sort of fake post-production camera movement effect, so when Ross from Friends turns up and marches through the crowd, the camera "swings" from side to side like shakeycam... but there's something unnatural and uncanny about it, like they're just wobbling the image around on the screen instead of moving the real camera. (Plus all the dialogue and acting seems shite.)

mothman

American Crime Story is certainly worth sticking with. I don't think it makes any great pretence to be high art but it's really the performances of the actors playing Clark, Darden and Cochrane that sell it. Plus Kardashian and Bailey. And of course Travolta as Shapiro is "so bad it's good" territory.

I just finished watching the documentary. It really helps to think of it as a series rather than a single long film. The first two chapters are excellem juxtaposing Simpson't background, his sporting career and his subsequent celeb/Hollywood career, with the LAP, the Watts riots, the Rodney King affair and its aftermath, and finishing up with the Domestic Abuse non-charges.

Chapters 3 and 4 felt like a drag. There wasn't really anything it had to say about the trial that hadn't been said before. Having Clark but not Darden did kind of make it feel like a lot of the trial's failings were blamed on the latter. And something about Goldman Snr. has always rubbed me up the wrong way, though I don't want to really criticise a bereaved parent's actions and mindset. The crime scebne photos were shocking, I'd never seen them before and it really does leave you wondering how little blood transfer there was...

I'm not sure how I feel about chapter 5. Anticlimactic? It all left a bad taste in the mouth, how he behaved in the years following. There was something desperatly sad how he sought to keep his cdelebrtity alive by becoming this... joke, all to replace the rich white friends he didn;'t have anymore. And then you get to the Las Vegas affair. The fact he was trying to recover personal treasures made it all the sadder, even if they'd been lost as part of ham-fisted attempts to conceal them from the Civil judgement. Did I hear that right? They were put in storage and then didn't pay the bill, so it got auctioned off like on one of those Storage Wars shows?

billtheburger

This Starts on bbc4 tonight but it's been broken down into 5 parts

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: billtheburger on May 14, 2017, 07:45:50 PM
This Starts on bbc4 tonight but it's been broken down into 5 parts

Aye, that's how it was originally broadcast on ESPN.

billtheburger

I caught it on the iPlayer in three parts, but broke it down to 5.
The sheer amount of information probably requires it.