Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 10:08:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

And then the murders began

Started by Cerys, March 05, 2017, 11:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

It has been said[nb]By my brother, quoting someone on the Internet[/nb] that the first line of almost any story can be improved by making sure the second line is 'and then the murders began'.

QuoteThere was no possibility of taking a walk that day.  And then the murders began.
     - Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte

QuoteIt is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.  And then the murders began.
     - Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen

QuoteIn the light of the moon a little egg lay on a leaf.  And then the murders began.
    - The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Eric Carle

Brundle-Fly

ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO ENTER HERE is scrawled in blood red lettering on the side of the Chemical Bank near the corner of Eleventh and First and is in print large enough to be seen from the backseat of the cab as it lurches forward in the traffic leaving Wall Street and just as Timothy Price notices the words a bus pulls up, the advertisement for Les Miserables on its side blocking his view, but Price who is with Pierce & Pierce and twenty-six doesn't seem to care because he tells the driver he will give him five dollars to turn up the radio, "Be My Baby" on WYNN, and the driver, black, not American, does so. And then the murders began.
  - American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis.

Attila

Today Bunn Wackett Buzzard Stubble and Boot came into being, with about five minutes of film shot around Ham House. And then the murders began.

--Michael Palin, The Python Years: Diaries 1969-1979

Lemming

In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth. And then the murders began.

daf

"Don't blame me, Pongo,' said Lord Ickenham, 'if Lady Constance takes her lorgnette to you. God bless my soul, though, you can't compare the lorgnettes of to-day with the ones I used to know as a boy. I remember walking one day in Grosvenor Square with my aunt Brenda and her pug dog Jabberwocky, and a policeman came up and said the latter ought to be wearing a muzzle. My aunt made no verbal reply. She merely whipped her lorgnette from its holster and looked at the man, who gave one choking gasp and fell back against the railings, without a mark on him but with an awful look of horror in his staring eyes, as if he had seen some dreadful sight . . . And then the murders began."

Cerys

Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.  And then the murders began.

ziggy starbucks

Matilda said, "Never do anything by halves if you want to get away with it. Be outrageous. Go the whole hog. Make sure everything you do is so completely crazy it's unbelievable."

And then the murders began.

touchingcloth

Quote[1] The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
[2] Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;
[3] And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;
[4] And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon;
[5] And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;
[6] And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;
[7] And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa;
[8] And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;
[9] And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;
[10] And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;
[11] And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:
[12] And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;
[13] And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;
[14] And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;
[15] And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;
[16] And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
[17] And then the murders began.

- The Book of Matthew, God

Cloud

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.  And then the murders began.

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

The Ladybird Book of And Then The Murders Began by Jason Hazeley and Joel Morris.

Dead Soon

Marley was dead to begin with because the murders began.

touchingcloth

QuoteTODAY it seems to me providential that Fate should have chosen Braunau on the Inn as my birthplace. And then the murders began.

- Mein Kampf, Milverton

marquis_de_sad

Call me Ishmael. And then the murders began.

chocky909

Mrs. Dalloway said she would buy the flowers herself. And then the murders began.

touchingcloth

QuoteThe Mole had been working very hard all the morning, spring- cleaning his little home. And then the murders began.

- The Wind in the Willows, Kenneth Graham

For a long time I would go to bed early. And then the murders began.

touchingcloth

QuoteWhen he was nearly thirteen, my brother Jem got his arm badly broken at the elbow. And then the murders began.

HappyTree

Il y avait en Westphalie, dans le château de M. le baron de Thunder−ten−tronckh, un jeune garçon à qui la nature avait donné les moeurs les plus douces. Et puis commencèrent les meurtres.

- Candide, Voltaire

Lemming

When it was first suggested that I write this book, Bob Barnett, lawyer, friend and negotiator extraordinaire, expertly steered the negotiations that brought me to Random House. And then the murders began.

- Tony Blair's autobiography, A Journey

Captain Z

For sale: baby shoes, never worn. And then the murders began.

Dex Sawash

Big A, little a, a a a, Aunt Annies alligator a a a.
And then the amurders abegan.

Cerys

Mr. Greedy liked to eat! In fact, Mr. Greedy loved to eat, and the more he ate, the fatter he became. And then the murders began.

touchingcloth

QuoteThe essays by 11 leading Liberal Democrats (all but two of whom are now MPs) collected in  The Orange Book  have been perceived as part of a concerted effort to shift the stance of the Liberal Democrats more towards classical or economic liberalism. And then the murders began.

Cerys

Emma Woodhouse, handsome, clever, and rich, with a comfortable home and happy disposition, seemed to unite some of the best blessings of existence; and had lived nearly twenty-one years in the world with very little to distress or vex her.  And then the murders began.

Cloud

Qur'an:
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.  And then the murders began.

wosl

QuoteA country road.  And then the murders began.

QuoteMother died today.  And then the murders began.

Quote"I'm Tootles the taxi, I'll give you a ride."  And then the murders began.

touchingcloth

QuoteIt is morning; the sun is shining through the windows of the kitchen. And then the murders began.

- Richard McBeef, Seung Cho

touchingcloth

QuoteFour score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. And then the murders began.

Attila

Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres, quarum unam incolunt Belgae, aliam Aquitani, tertiam qui ipsorum lingua Celtae, nostra Galli appellantur. Eo tempore, incipiunt caedes.

Icehaven

I have been here before. And then the murders began.