Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:37:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy has totally fucking sold out

Started by Barry Admin, April 07, 2017, 10:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

His Belfast show has, anyway. Why did none of you mention he was touring? Don't suppose there's any spare tickets out there? 

Anyone going to see him at any other venues?

BritishHobo

Sold out in Manchester as well, fuck.

Why would you pricks not tell me and Neil he's touring?

Malcy

I'm going to catch him in Cork in June. Would have preferred a Scottish date but they were all sold out. Q&A & book signing as well.

robotam

Belfast sold out extremely quickly. I got a ticket for one of the Dublin dates before he added more Ireland shows and an extra Belfast date (which also sold out really fast). He mentioned (not sure if he was serious) on the Overwatch stream last night that he regrets adding the Cork date as it's not selling very well.
New book comes out next month. Can't wait.

asids

I was going to go to one of the Glasgow dates but completely forgot about it and then came back and it's completely sold out, as you would expect. He's still got a few dates in England and the one in Cork and that, but too much of a trek for me. I'll just stick with the book.

Van Dammage

I saw a flyer the other day for a gig he's doing in Galway. Not sure where it is though. No idea if it's sold out there either.

MjjW

By time I knew he was doing a tour dates everywhere near me had sold out too. So led to frantic arrangements to Kilkenny for Cat Laughs festival http://thecatlaughs.com/acts/. Suprisingly good lineup for my tastes in addition to Limmy.

I've enjoyed TJ Miller since his discovering the Cashing In podcast back in 2012 and his find his AVM story on the set of Yogi Bear 3D fascinating https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf9N5AWprG8. Pity the most detailed version I heard was on Pete Holmes podcast. Can't stand that man.

Anyway. Limmy in Kilkenny for me.

buntyman

It's just him reading some chapters from his book isn't it?

MjjW

"Join Limmy for a night of storytelling and chit chat as he introduces his second book, That's Your Lot, featuring stories that are dafter and darker than before. Includes audience Q&A and book signing."

ArtParrott

Quote from: buntyman on April 10, 2017, 04:49:41 PM

If it's anything like the Daft Wee Stories tour then yes, that'll be the bulk of it. Well worth it though.

checkoutgirl

Quotemichael, you're going to Limmy!

nice one lads. see you in Dublin.

giveover

I might have some spares for the Manchester gig if anyone's interested. Need to find out who of my mates are going first but PM me if you want one.

mobias

Quote from: buntyman on April 10, 2017, 04:49:41 PM

Yeah but there's a lot of audience interaction. He talks about the background to each story and that sort of thing. The audience Q+A at the end has been utterly riotous at both the gigs of his I've been to.

Quote from: Barry Admin on April 07, 2017, 10:29:32 PM
His Belfast show has, anyway. Why did none of you mention he was touring? Don't suppose there's any spare tickets out there? 

Anyone going to see him at any other venues?

Keep an eye on his Twitter feed Neil. He retweets people who need to get rid of their tickets last minute and are selling at face value.

asids

He added a new Glasgow date a couple of weeks ago, June 21st. It's not sold out yet as far as I'm aware.

Serge

I sat and read 'That's Your Lot' in one sitting this afternoon. On the whole, it was better than 'Daft Wee Stories', but it still has the problem that too many of the stories end with inconsequential non-endings that would work if they were sketches in his show, but seem unsatisfying for fiction. Not enough to ruin the book, but occasionally it would have been nice to see some of the ideas taken further rather than having them just waved away. A couple of the stories put me in mind of Irvine Welsh, possibly because I've also read 'The Blade Artist' this week and I had his style on my mind, but if I'd read it blind and you told me that 'Benidorm' was by Welsh, I'd have believed you.

Enzo

I have my ticket for the Cork show. Feel bad for him, but Cork is notoriously bad for ticket sales. Stewart Lee came over twice and stopped bothering due to poor turnout.

up_the_hampipe

If you've not been scrolling past Limmy's million tweets per day, you've probably seen he's been doing these fake Whatsapp pranks. The best part is people are falling for it, including this popular account https://twitter.com/GIRLposts/status/863509917906415616

asids

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on May 13, 2017, 11:17:38 PM
If you've not been scrolling past Limmy's million tweets per day, you've probably seen he's been doing these fake Whatsapp pranks. The best part is people are falling for it, including this popular account https://twitter.com/GIRLposts/status/863509917906415616

I was pissing myself at this one with his "grandad": https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/862700746520891392

Malcy

Quote from: Enzo on May 13, 2017, 09:04:41 PM
I have my ticket for the Cork show. Feel bad for him, but Cork is notoriously bad for ticket sales. Stewart Lee came over twice and stopped bothering due to poor turnout.

I still haven't got mine. Will have to try do it soon. I don't want to miss it and have missed all his shows before when I've been back home. I don't think not getting a ticket will be a problem though.

giveover

Does anyone know what time his shows usually end? The manchester one tomorrow starts at 8 and im wondering if i can make it to my job afterwards for 10/1030

Quote from: giveover on May 16, 2017, 02:07:04 AM
Does anyone know what time his shows usually end? The manchester one tomorrow starts at 8 and im wondering if i can make it to my job afterwards for 10/1030

Depends on the venue.  You'll definitely be good to catch the first half of the book reading, but you might have to bow out during the Q&A.

giveover

Finished at 10pm so all good.

Anyone fancy trading audio recordings of the q&a section? If anyone has done any already or plan on doing so for his upcoming dates drop me a line and we can share them on here too.

PS. Anyone else sat near those two grim Scottish guys tonight, bottom level, to limmys left? One shouting WHAT TIME IS IT repeatedly through the q&a, and saying some pissweak gag about collecting for charity to the people around him. Overall the fans weren't as cringey as last time but man, a certain sector of hard-core limmy fan are the absolute worst.

Repeater

The KLF were in? Unbelievable. OH.

Malcy

There's a video of the last tour on YouTube with the readings and a Q&A section.

neardark

I like Limmy yet for some reason have no interest in his books and the tours.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Limmy absolutely must have the patience of a Saint - so many of the interactions during the Q&A were just fans demonstrating familiarity with his material over and over and over again, however Limmy usually had a seemingly effortless way of making it funny and/interested by expanding on the idea, or going into where the initial concept came from.

He seemed genuinely pleased when he got actual questions, rather than feedlines for old sketches or Vines.

He was great. Got my book signed earlier in the day, and had that thing where I almost let onto him when we spotted each other, before reminding myself that I only know him through TV and it's a one-way window.

MjjW

Fuckin, I've been avoiding listening to the audiobook before going to the reading/Q+A to try and not spoil any stories. Do you think this is wise or over cautious?

Malcy

Can anyone tell me how long the show is including the q&a & book signing? I want to go to the Cork show but getting home late is a fair cost to me. Thought it was the end of June but it's the bloody first!

Malcy

Fuck it. Doesn't matter. I'll go anyway. Got a few days work so can afford an extortionate taxi home. Just debating whether or not to appear dressed as Dee Dee stoned off my head and say 'fuckin, gonna sign ma book pal' haha!

Dublin started 8:30, finished ~10:30. First part (book reading) is about 50mins, then a 20min intermission, then another ~30mins Q&A. The queue for the signing was HUGE after so get there early if you want to fuck off sharpish.