Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:17:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy has totally fucking sold out

Started by Barry Admin, April 07, 2017, 10:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on May 22, 2017, 09:19:10 PM
Dublin started 8:30, finished ~10:30. First part (book reading) is about 50mins, then a 20min intermission, then another ~30mins Q&A. The queue for the signing was HUGE after so get there early if you want to fuck off sharpish.
That's great thanks. I'm sure I read here that the Cork gig hasn't sold many tickets so hopefully won't be too big a queue.

JesuitWrangler

Saw him on the first Belfast night, managed to wrangle a free ticket. He was class, he's got a great presence and can really work a room when he has to. I wasn't sure if the crowd would totally buy in to him just telling stories but it was great. Can't remember last time I laughed so hard.

I've heard off a mate that the Saturday show had a lot of ballbags just shouting Overwatch character names at him and they wouldn't shut up. Fucking audience members sometimes hi, easily the worst thing about going to see comedy. Some just don't get it at all.

Malcy

Brilliant laugh and a top bloke. Quick chat afterwords and didn't miss my bus. Would have gone again tonight if he was playing.

MjjW

Didn't sell out in Kilkenny, so very cosy atmosphere despite big theatre. Hilarious readings and the Q+A section contained minimal numpties with questions more about how and what he would be working on in future which was interesting.

(Got a book signed, a normal person photo and a dickhead funny face one. Ah dinnae gie a fuck)

checkoutgirl

This is Limmy, my sister and me just mellowing out.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: checkoutgirl on June 07, 2017, 09:52:31 AM

When's the Parapod film coming out?

checkoutgirl

As for the show, he has amazing stage presence. He pretty much nullified the request a sketch contingent by doing a few requests at the very start. I was tickled by "Wrong way down a one way stray-eet" and Jacqueline McClafferty. There was a slightly obnoxous faction on my right but they soon shut up. Then on with the show. The stories were engrossing and funny. He really knows how to keep a room under control. The stories usually ended quite abruptly and arbitrarily. Endings are not his strong point but that's a small gripe. After that there was a Q&A session which was funny and interesting with Limmy going behind the scenes. Bought a book for my sister and got it signed with a photo. Seems like a nice bloke does Brian.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Sexton Brackets Drugbust on June 07, 2017, 09:55:36 AM
When's the Parapod film coming out?

I have no idea. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: checkoutgirl on June 07, 2017, 10:09:12 AM
I have no idea. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

It's all right, man. I appreciate it. Know you're busy.

Malcy

Quote from: checkoutgirl on June 07, 2017, 09:52:31 AM

Glad you got a decent photo. The security guy at Cork Opera House couldn't work the camera on my phone. Touch the screen anywhere and it takes a picture. Nah couldn't manage it so had to take a selfie (fuck sake) which turned out shite and has John Bishop grinning on a poster in the background.