Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:40:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your breakfastl

Started by Jockice, April 10, 2017, 11:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

Sod full English. I'm Scottish anyway, and rarely eat a cooked breakfast.

I usually have a yoghurt (a Liberte greek-style blueberry one this morning) two of those little cheese packets (a cheddar Babybel and a Cathederal City vintage cheddar today), a bit of fruit (an apple today), two cups of coffee (white, no sugar) and about half a can of energy drink and a few gulps of either Lucozade (nornal or pink lemonade) or Irn-Bru. If I can be arsed I'll have some cereal too (Sugar Puffs or whatever they're called nowadays, muesli, crunchy nut cornflakes or Jordans Country Crisp). And more occasionally have porridge (with milk and salt). So there we go. What do you have?

pancreas

For breakfastl I have coffee. No solids pass my lips till after 11am.

doppelkorn

Until recently I've been a coffee-only man.

But because of infant I'm up and down from about 4 most mornings, and that's kick-started some kind of weird hunger-clock fuckery where I'm starving at odd times. I generally have my own special version of toast, where instead of toasting it, I just put the toast stuff on bread. Butter, jam, marmite etc. All directly onto the raw bread. YUM!

Also I've been having Weetabix, Tesco's blueberry wheats, muesli, little brioche roll thingies with chocolate chips in, and SILD.

pancreas

Quote from: doppelkorn on April 10, 2017, 11:31:57 AM
SILD.

Love it. Toast, butter, squeeze of lemon. Bang. Oily salty sour crunchy flavour heaven. And what a disgusting word to boot.

acrow

few fags and somewater usually. or curry if it's one of those days.

Lost Oliver

During the week I've gone well healthy.

Porridge with blueberries
Tangerine
Banana
Hot lemon drink

Weekends I go mental

Cheese on crumpets
Linda McCartney Sausages
Scrambled eggs
4 x Toast
Mushrooms
Beans / chickpeas in curry sauce
Halloumi
Coffee

The above takes me about 4 hours to digest and kills me off for an entire morning.

Shit Good Nose

I only tend to have breakfastl at the weekend.  Piece of toast usually, with butter and jam, bovril or marmite.  Occasionally I'll have a bowl of cereal, usually granola.

Although I do have cooked breakfastls every now and again, I prefer to have them very late morning/lunch, or for evening meal.

thenoise

Yogurt with cheese?  Fucking hell Jockice.

I eat the following depending on circumstances:
Not late for work: Either fruity porridge or some kind of eggs with toast, mushrooms, spinach, veggie sausages, whatever I have.
Late for work: apple or banana.  A nice apple is my favourite as it is a drink and food all in one handy package, the ideal breakfast to eat while walking to work.
Super late for work: croissant and nice frothy breakfast coffee from the café downstairs.  This is probably my favourite, but it's not very healthy or cheap to make a habit of it.

Lazy weekend: poached eggs, spinach, muffin, hollandaise sauce.  Coffee, fresh juice.

All flexible depending on what I have in the house and how much time I have.  This morning I had a peanut butter sandwich.  Didn't enjoy it very much though.

Glebe

Crunchy Nut Cornflakes.

tookish

I mostly can't be arsed to eat before at least two, more likely three or four, unless I'm compelled to by somebody else, or some kind soul offers me a chocolate. I favour the dead-before-thirty wanker's breakfast - a couple of cigarettes, and several cups of very strong coffee with a splash of milk and half a sugar. If I'm at university, I try and get there early and get myself a latte with a wanky syrup, that's breakfast and lunch.

Sometimes on a lazy Sunday, my partner makes me breakfast - usually poached egg, with spinach and mushrooms, on a Lancashire oven bottom muffin. Occasionally vegetarian sausages too, but I usually don't finish all of that.

If I eat before ten then I find myself eating all day. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, you name it.

Cloud

Sometimes a banana, sometimes nothing.  I'm aware of the "most important meal of the day" mantra, it's bollocks

Puce Moment

Colombian coffee with a healthy splash of soy milk.

Ambient Sheep

A bowl of porridge (slow-release carbs, good for the heart), done the lazy way (Oat-So-Simple Big Bowl Original in the microwave with semi-skimmed milk, no sugar), plus a double coffee (white, no sugar) in a big mug.  I've had a few different regular breakfasts over the years -- bacon sandwiches come to mind, for example -- but very rare that it differs from the above these days.

Bazooka

Today:

Mango,melon,kiwi smoothie, home made.
Banana
Apple
Pear
Satsuma
Two yogurts, one peach the other strawberry
Beef Jerky (had some left on my work desk and needed some meat/salt after that fruit feast)

Wash rinse repeat all week until the weekend.

Steven

Burger + poached egg + loads of salad

Replies From View

For breakfast I ate fuck all.  Couldn't be fucking arsed, mate.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Glebe on April 10, 2017, 01:23:48 PM
Crunchy Nut Cornflakes.

There's reasons I'm over 20 stone, and the introduction of those things into my diet in my late twenties is one of them.  Be warned!  (See also Jordan's Country Crisp, which is even worse - one bowl of that can be over half your daily recommended calorie intake!)

Quote from: Cloud on April 10, 2017, 02:22:52 PM
Sometimes a banana, sometimes nothing.  I'm aware of the "most important meal of the day" mantra, it's bollocks

There's a saying that to be healthy you should breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dine like a pauper.  On rare occasions I've actually tried it, and yes, it does seem to work quite well, I felt a lot better for it and got a lot more done during my day, but who the hell can cope with cooking a full-on meal as soon as they get up?!

Tangentially related, when I was quasi-homeless about ten years ago and living out of B&Bs, I used to go for the massive English breakfast in the morning and, despite it being served up around 7.30am and being a real fucking struggle to eat at that time of day, it used to last me until about 4pm before I got seriously hungry.  I can see why it's called a builder's breakfast.  God knows what it was doing to my arteries, though.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on April 10, 2017, 02:41:48 PM
There's reasons I'm over 20 stone, and the introduction of those things into my diet in my late twenties is one of them.  Be warned!  (See also Jordan's Country Crisp, which is even worse - one bowl of that can be over half your daily recommended calorie intake!)

I take it that also applies to Kellogs Cornflakes? I've only got back in to eating them again this year after a gap of three decades but have become surprisingly fond of them, so it'd be a shame to have to give them up again.

Dr Syntax Head

6 weetabix. 2 boiled eggs, runny yoke. My day is done.

MuteBanana

Mushy peas on toast.

Mushy peas and bacon sandwich.

Savoury Bread & Butter Pudding: 3 eggs, cheeese, ham, spinach, slice of bread torn up. Beat it all together in a bowl and microwave. Gorge

Jockice

Quote from: thenoise on April 10, 2017, 12:56:52 PM
Yogurt with cheese?  Fucking hell Jockice.

Is that bad? I don't dip the cheese in the yogurt you know.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 10, 2017, 04:20:14 PM
I take it that also applies to Kellogs Cornflakes? I've only got back in to eating them again this year after a gap of three decades but have become surprisingly fond of them, so it'd be a shame to have to give them up again.

Only to the Crunchy Nut kind (or Frosties!), although I don't THINK they're quite as bad as the Jordan's.  You'd have to look on the packet.

I assume regular Cornflakes are ok (if pretty carb-heavy), not looked recently.

Captain Poodle Basher

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on April 10, 2017, 05:18:52 PM
Only to the Crunchy Nut kind (or Frosties!), although I don't THINK they're quite as bad as the Jordan's.  You'd have to look on the packet.

I assume regular Cornflakes are ok (if pretty carb-heavy), not looked recently.

Sometime last year, I got a hankering for Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and purchased some. Sweet Jesus but they're sweet. It was like eating a crunchy bag of sugar in milk.

Like yourself, I'm a porridge fan. Aldi's instant porridge is nice - creamy like rice pudding. I make it with full milk and a teeny tiny teaspoon of sugar. A glass of fruit juice and a mug of coffee with cream and another teeny tiny teaspoon of sugar - my sole coffee of the day. Sometimes I'll have a slice of soda bread with butter and jam or honey. I don't bother with a lunch as I find my breakfast keeps me going for 10 hours no problem.

Dr Syntax Head

If you're feeling proper hipster a decent muesli with natural yoghurt and a dab of honey goes a long way.

Cloud

On the calorie intake thing, that's a very easy trap with cereals!  If you've ever weighed out a "serving" along with the suggested amount of milk... with most cereals it's kind of minuscule!  So you tend to have 2-3x the recommended serving very easily if you don't watch it, which means you can be pushing 600-900 calories (that's a lot.  My main meal is usually 400-500.   A beer is about 200.)

Ambient Sheep

^ Absolutely.  When I finally checked, it turned out my regular breakfast bowl of Country Crisp was a bit over 1000 calories.

If you've ever weighed out 30g of Corn Flakes, it's pretty tiny.  Do that with one of the heavier cereals (CNCF or JCC) and it's about two spoonfuls.  The whole thing's nonsensical.

Serge

Workdays: Bowl of fruit and fibre, two slices of toast (occasionally with marmalade when I feel like it.)

Day off: Croissants or pain au chocolats.

Day off and day out: FULL ENGLISH.