Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:53:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your breakfastl

Started by Jockice, April 10, 2017, 11:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the science eel

Big milky (but strong) coffee, pain au chocolat (25p!) from the Penny Market down the road. At least that's the way it's been since late last year.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Arpeggio?! Fuck that shit. Rosabaya.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Homemade flat white coffee.
Porridge sometimes, if I wake up early.
Pret cheese and ham croissant if I'm feeling particularly hungry.

Weekends - croissant or bacon sarnie.

MuteBanana

I've been enjoying ghetto mochas. Coffee and cocoa powder with bit of cinnamon and 6 sugars.

Jockice

Cheese toasties, a gooseberry yogurt. And French fancies.

hamfist

Quote from: pancreas on April 10, 2017, 11:40:29 AM
Love it. Toast, butter, squeeze of lemon. Bang. Oily salty sour crunchy flavour heaven. And what a disgusting word to boot.

Love it too. Sour cream & dark nutty bread for me. Ah, Sild.

MuteBanana

I'd like to try Sild. Tesco Express only do sardines, mackerel and anchovies though.

Did a basic quick soup thing for lunch yesterday. Half a carton of passata, tin of mackerel fillets in tomato sauce, 2 cloves of garlic, shake of turmeric, shake of cinnamon, few dashes of Tabasco sauce, topped with water and microwaved for three minutes. I put an end slice of frozen bread in and submerged it until it softened. Then broke it up and mixed it all together. Plenty of pepper and a little salt. That was a gorgeous lunch I'm definitely making again.

Right now I'd kill a dragon for a bacon and mushy peas toast sandwich. Happy St George's Day.

Jockice

A Ski strawberry mousse, an apple, an orange and a banana. And some dry roasted peanuts.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Today in Den Haag: sourdough white bread with an omelette, croissant with ham and white roll with gouda, a strong coffee and a slice of apple cake. Marvellous. Still processing last night's trip to Srikandi for a Riijstafel

HappyTree

Got my British food order in. Tomorrow's breakfast:

Ringside

I very rarely eat breakfast. Breakfast is shit in America.

Shay Chaise

I had hot dry noodles every day for years living in China and it broke breakfast for me. I can't eat this sugary milky shite. I still dream about it every few weeks.

http://calis.lib.sjtu.edu.cn/lss/2/whkc/images/reganmian.jpg

Coagulated sesame paste thinly but coarsely coating these sticky, springy noodles. A scoop of pickled cabbage and finely chopped pickled gourd. A large teaspoon of dried chilli in a touch of oil. A splash of vinegar and soy. A few pinches of various little powders, chicken bouillon and subtle spices. Stir the whole thing together and the noodles become claggy as fuck, the richest, most comforting, invigorating food on earth. Costs about fifteen p. My mouth is watering big time, I haven't had it for ten years. If I knew I'd never have it again I'd kill myself.

Glebe

Cereal (usually Crunchy Nut or a cheapo brand Special K) and a cuppa, mostly.

Quote from: HappyTree on April 23, 2017, 09:52:57 PMTomorrow's breakfast:

Tunnocks before eleven is mildly obscene.

Jockice

Tunnocks are perfect anytime. I haven't got any at the moment though. I do have a packet of McVitie's plain chocolate digestives in front of me at the moment though. May have some later.

Porridge (with milk and salt, the only permissible way), a Ski strawberry mousse, a banana and an orange.

Sebastian Cobb

Yesterday (day off): dal and raita over 3 roti's.

Today: two butteries.

MojoJojo

Spinach, feta, mint wrap.

Norton Canes

Usually just a cup of hardong first thing, with oatybooboo if I've got time.

On a day off I'll grill some really salty vulvax and have it with a great big fingruparse and some cockend crust. 

On a work day I'll have PEEN on fresh gunt at half nine-ish, then if I'm hungry and not in meetings, some Jill fingers around 11am.

holyzombiejesus

I used to have Weetabix, Shreddies, Ready Brek or Special K but we're trying to save money at the moment so I'm having Whole Wheat Bisks, Malted Wheaties, Morning Brek or Special Flakes.

I like omelettes at the weekend. Trying to give up bread so rather than toast, I'll have it with sauteed button mushrooms and possibly beans with a splash of Hendersons and a knob of garlic butter.

Diet Coke every morning.

thenoise

I've finally found Staffordshire oatcakes in Bristol.  My plans for tomorrow involve one of those warmed under the grill with butter, baked beans, bit of cheese and a dash of tabasco.  That should keep me going til my mid-morning snack!

Vodka Margarine

I hate mornings and hardly ever feel like eating until lunch time. If I ever deign to push some edible matter into my mouth before I've managed to fully wake it'll be squarely for the sake of fuelling my body through something that might require some effort and always a thing that requires a bare minimum of motor skills - a banana, a sugary yoghurt, or a buttered crumpet if I'm feeling particularly flash.

Norton Canes

Quote from: thenoise on April 25, 2017, 12:37:18 PM
I've finally found Staffordshire oatcakes in Bristol.  My plans for tomorrow involve one of those warmed under the grill with butter, baked beans, bit of cheese and a dash of tabasco.  That should keep me going til my mid-morning snack!

Sounds nice. I might try that with a dollop of spurm. 

iamcoop

Quote from: Ringside on April 25, 2017, 04:12:27 AM
Breakfast is shit in America.

My favourite Supertramp record

thenoise

I thought breakfast was great in America, but maybe I am thinking of 'brunch'.

Should be alright if you avoid those sweet sugary cereals I reckon.  And pop tarts, yeuch.  But a stack of American pancakes with syrup?  Yum yum.  Eggs, waffles, hash browns, French toast (aka Eggy Bread), juice, big mug of milky coffee etc – what's not to love?

Twed

For people who don't go for the sweet items breakfast in America is a little disappointing. When you're limited to hash browns, eggs, bacon and very poor sausages it pales in comparison to a full-British Isles.

Eggs benedict is good though, along with its common regional variations (meatloaf, lobster or corned beef around here).

Bazooka

I hate breakfast scenes in American TV and films, the Mum/MOM always serves eggs(somehow cooks and serves just as the troubled teen enters the room and still warm), two streaky bacons, a grapfruit, orange juice, 10 panacakes, two toasts and syrup as the Dad reads the newspaper. They all take one bite and then leave for work/school leaving the feast to rot all day.

MuteBanana

Americans don't use instant coffee either. That powder shit with the filters.

3 large eggs
Load of spinach
Beef dripping
Black coffee with 6 sugars

Jockice

Hotel breakfast this morning. A peach yogurt, melon slices, toast, scrambled egg, mushrooms and hash browns.

Chairman Bodog

Quote from: MuteBanana on April 26, 2017, 12:38:01 AM
Americans don't use instant coffee either. That powder shit with the filters.

3 large eggs
Load of spinach
Beef dripping
Black coffee with 6 sugars

Have you posted that exact comment once before? Sketching me out. Refuse to believe this is the first time I've seen it.

Dr Syntax Head

Coffee is shit for cunts[nb]having to have a shit all the time all day/nb]

imitationleather

Quote from: MuteBanana on April 26, 2017, 12:38:01 AM
Americans don't use instant coffee either.

Mate are you suggesting that instant coffee is better than real coffee? Instant coffee with six sugars?

You need to release a cookbook.

Staying in a hotel in Belfast for free next week and got three breakfasts booked. They cost a tenner on top of the price of the room, ridiculous, but I'm getting it all paid for. Free hotel breakfasts oh fuck yes. I think all my other meals while I'm over there are free too but it's the breakfasts I am hyped about. Main reason I agreed to go.