Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:26:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Better quality copies of TMWRNJ

Started by Alberon, April 12, 2017, 11:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Syntax Head

Thanks Alberon. This takes me back

Replies From View

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 17, 2017, 10:53:33 AM
I think Stew was criticising Avalon, who Rich is managed by.
To be fair, I think he was genuinely concerned about the hit that Rich had taken at that year's Fringe.

It became a bit of a running joke on RHLSTP, if I recall correctly.  Bob Mortimer couldn't quite believe Herring was still with Avalon either, but they kept that particular discussion short.

TMJ

People read a bit too much into that show, I think. Stew was just jarred and drunkenly trying to work out why someone as smart as Rich would stay with Avalon. He does seem to have a bit of a mean streak when drunk, which makes me think the cupboard-smashing story is probably his doing. But until Rich does a Serial-esque podcast on whodunnit, we'll never know.

Thanks for these videos, by the way. I've been trying to sell my friend on how good TMWRNJ was and this makes the job a lot easier.

daf

Still the sexiest 16th century French/Welsh Mystic (and his horse David Collins) on telly:

Pr'diction number three . . .

Huxwell

I re-listened to the first Stewart Lee appearance on RHLSTP, the one he did for the FOF set. It's so different. Stew's sober and it's fun and they're friends... It's a really nice dynamic of Rich making all the jokes at Stew's expense. Stew the new big TV star at the time. (Paraphrasing) You've done so well, imagine what you'd do if I was there actually putting jokes in! I turn the telly on and Syd Little's collecting a Bafta.

"Consider the lily" is a genuine classic sketch

momatt

cakeinmilk

Adding my eternal gratitude for these!

Neomod

Thanks for these. I missed them at the time and apparently someone I know was in one.

Alberon

Custard

Replies From View

Thanks Alberon.  I've been binging on these all week.

Halcyon days.  So strange to go back to the times when the New Labour government had just begun, and the best anyone could do to mock them was criticise the Millennium Dome and the pledge cards with unchanging aims written on them.  Feels like a lifetime ago (like a bird's toe).

Quote from: Replies From View on April 19, 2017, 10:10:50 PM
Thanks Alberon.  I've been binging on these all week.

ALL BEAK, LIKE A BIRD'S BEAK!

Yeah, massive thanks for uploading these, Alberon.  Very good of you. 

Percy Dovetonsils

Thanks a lot for these! On a related note, can someone please reupload the bits missing from the FoF DVDs?

hewantstolurkatad

Oh wow, these are way better than the previous versions I tried to watch, thanks!

Mini

Thanks Alberon!

Can someone reupload them without the Organ Gang...?

Gregory Torso

Can someone upload them without Stewart Lee's hair?

Just want to say how much I love the Ironic Review segments. Maybe my favourite of all the great things buried by this show's relative invisibility.

madhair60

Quote from: thecuriousorange on April 20, 2017, 01:37:08 PM
Just want to say how much I love the Ironic Review segments. Maybe my favourite of all the great things buried by this show's relative invisibility.

Really? There isn't another regular feature you prefer?

Le Tourbillon

Not adding much to the thread here, but thanks very much for uploading these - greatly appreciated and far better than the copies I had before.

Replies From View

Quote from: madhair60 on April 20, 2017, 02:21:27 PM

Men of Achievement 1974.

Replies From View

Quote from: Mini on April 20, 2017, 10:08:39 AM
Can someone reupload them without the Organ Gang...?

I love The Organ Gang until they do the thing of Cant being bored and irritated with it in episode 8.  Same with When Insects Attack, when Greg Evigan starts becoming frustrated.  Funnier if they'd maintained full enthusiasm throughout.

Quote from: madhair60 on April 20, 2017, 02:21:27 PM

They're what Nathan Barley should have been. Seriously.

Alberon

Two more episodes, the first of series two.

https://youtu.be/n5LZfAVgnj4

https://youtu.be/wEdbR0Kx4h8

Unfortunately, when I recorded them off the TV widescreen broadcasts hadn't been going that long and I didn't have a widescreen set. If I'd had the digital box setup for anamorphic widescreen rather than letterbox widescreen the quality would be better[nb]Curse you, God, for making me only have a square telly back then![/nb].

Also, I was in the audience for the first episode of the second series and Mr Blobby's spots were yellow, not brown. They just came out like that on the telly for some reason.

Thanks so much for these, Alberon. I've always held off on watching them as the copies doing the rounds were so poor. Now I'm no longer so bummed out that the DVD release isn't going to happen.

In any case, I'd imagine the edits BBC compliance would demand would butcher the programme beyond recognition. Quite astonishing on reflection that this went out at lunch time on Sunday.

magval

Thanks Alberon.

One of T.A.K. Eldon's Thought For The Days in episode 1 is from On The Hour, the line about Jesus being top of the league.

Any other reused material in these? I'm always interested to hear Lee and Herring stuff in alternate forms, like the three versions of the computer dating sketch from Nimrod/ Fist of Fun. Interesting to see how different performers tackle the material.

Alberon

Yet another couple of episodes. Series 2 episodes 3 and 4.

I'm not quite sure why the third episode was a slightly different aspect ratio (half zoomed in widescreen). I think I must have recorded it off of analogue terrestial telly instead of Sky for some reason.

The fourth episode has an opening that would surely never make it to any official release. Rich and Stew both dressed as Jimmy Savile cheekily hinting at necrophilliac tendancies.

https://youtu.be/gf2_tjn1qzI

https://youtu.be/mQ0jbZeTfUA

Dr Syntax Head

I'm fin a nostalgic heaven right now. Alberon. If I ever meet you I will make sure to buy you a pint[nb]Or shag you. either really, whatever you fancy[/nb]

Dr Syntax Head

Algenon. Bloody brilliant.

The only thing I miss about Fist of Fun compared to TMWRNJ is Peter Baynhams's lifestyle tips.

Dr Syntax Head

Curious orange screaming with bananas for hands. I am crying.