Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:15:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster Series 4 (starts 25th April)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, April 18, 2017, 10:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 16, 2017, 10:06:52 PM
Travesty. If Hugh had won the dance task - WHICH HE SHOULD HAVE DONE - he'd have been right in with a fucking chance. Daylight robbery.

Is this how football fans feel when a fair shot from the three-point line gets discounted as offside (?)? I understand now!

Should have won the photo round as well, conceptually it was easily the most surprising of them all.

Utter Shit

Anyone else think the most recent episode was a bit shit? The sliding thing especially was just rubbish. Hopefully just a rare misstep. Hugh Dennis trying to throw toast into the toaster was good at least.

AsparagusTrevor

Although I wouldn't say it was shit and I did still enjoy it I do know what you mean. I liked the anti-climax of the sliding and I loved the team task but it seemed somewhat less creative than normal this week.

TheManOne

Oddly, I far preferred this week to last week. Still, a shit episode of Taskmaster pisses on most shows.
It's possible the 8 shows may be a little too much of a stretch and they can't ditch tasks which didn't work.
They also, possibly due to turnaround time on 16 episodes, seem to be straying less from the house.

Gregory Torso

I really enjoyed the team task. I saw someone comment on another website that the contestants have been given "secret tasks", such as Mel having to collect all of the seals, Joe kiss the picture of Grgeg and Hugh having to lose every first task. Seemed very obvious this week, with that shit meowing cat.

JoeyBananaduck

The team task was good fun indeed. Particularly Lolly's table being hurled about with extreme prejudice.

BritishHobo

I loved the pointless selfishness of it. Having objects in the bath didn't even impede him clingfilming, but he took em all back out anyway.

SteveDave

Small Man Big Horse

Still enjoying this but for me there's too many physical tasks and not enough creative ones, which were always my favourite of the two.

BritishHobo

Yeah. Creative solutions are the fun of the show, but they don't often get the chance to come up with 'em.

Stuff like snipping the bunting.

Loved Lycett completing the tiebreaker without reading the task, even though it robbed Hugh of ANOTHER DESERVED WIN.

Utter Shit

Great episode. The in-studio bits are so good, Davies and Horne especially.

TheManOne

Hide and seek was great. Also Greg and Alex's banter* was top notch.

*please note, I'm using this in the sense comedians use it - not BANTZ!

As mentioned Davies and Horne are great together, as shown in this amazing outtake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1YX7MfbaPM

The glee with which Davies brings the song into it is fantastic.

BritishHobo

Hugh was definitely robbed all series. That was a great sandwich! I'm happy Noel won, and I love Greg with all my heart, but JUSTICE FOR HUGH.

Bad Ambassador

Reveal at the end of the series 5 taskers.

Nish Kumar, Sally Phillips, Bob Mortimer, Aisling Bea and Mark Watson.

touchingcloth

The bait and switch with Mel's sandwich was great, I guffawed when she opened that second envelope.

No secret tasks, then? Mel really was just collecting the wax seals to melt down later.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: BritishHobo on June 13, 2017, 10:04:03 PM
Hugh was definitely robbed all series. That was a great sandwich! I'm happy Noel won, and I love Greg with all my heart, but JUSTICE FOR HUGH.

Can't argue with that, he was definitely the series' MVP for me, though I have to say that I'm surprised by how funny Noel was, I can't say I particularly like him but he did make me laugh far more than I thought he would. Joe wasn't too bad either, but Mel and Lolly were the weakest for me sadly, Mel just wasn't funny (though I did get a big laugh out of the audience's almost angry response to her "Co-Median Duck" joke) and Lolly is far too happy and optimistic (and slightly bland) for my liking. Overall I thought it was definitely the weakest series so far, but fuck it, we've got Bob next time around so I can't wait for it to return.

TheManOne

Yeah. I could probably have watched the entire series without Lolly in it. Genuinely probably a lovely person, but absolutely nothing to her at all.
She's like someone who's seen the concept of irony once and assumed that it is achieved by saying platitudes in a emotionless voice.