Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,477
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:29:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Alien - The MU-TH-UR Cut (a fan edit)

Started by St_Eddie, April 23, 2017, 06:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: spamwangler on April 29, 2017, 01:13:30 PM
fair doos, those three edits you mention in op really work! top job

Thank you.  I'm glad you enjoyed it.  It was an extremely easy edit to make (about 45 minutes in total - aside from rendering and uploading).  I'll be much more interested to hear what people think of my other fan-edits, which are extensive to say the least.  I'm currently putting together a re-edit of the very disappointing 'Blair Witch' (2016).  For those who would care to see that, I'll leave a link to it on this forum when I've finished the edit.

Replies From View

Blair Witch (2016) seems like a bit of a random pick.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on April 29, 2017, 02:59:37 PM
Blair Witch (2016) seems like a bit of a random pick.

Random?  Do you think I attached posters of every film released in 2016 to a gigantic dartboard and threw a dart at it, whilst blindfolded?  Snarky bastard comment regarding your choice of wording aside...

In actuality, I'm a huge fan of 'The Blair Witch Project'.  It remains the only film with the power to genuinely scare me to this very day (I've written about my love of it in the thread for the 2016 sequel[nb]http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=53620.0[/nb]).  Said sequel was such a disappointment; a film which completely failed to appreciate what worked so well about the original.  My fan-edit is an attempt to cut a lot of that bullshit out, in an effort to make it more in line with the original (no more jump scare bullshit and less in-your-face horror).  Seeming as there's, in all likelihood, never going to be another 'Blair Witch' sequel (due to the box-office failure of the 2016 release); this fan-edit is perhaps my one and only opportunity to get a sequel that I can at least somewhat enjoy[nb]It should be said that I do enjoy watching 'Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows' from time to time but that's not really a true sequel, as it's not set in-universe and is more of a commentary upon the release of the original film within the real world and the effects of mass-hysteria.[/nb].

spamwangler

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 29, 2017, 02:08:02 PM
Thank you.  I'm glad you enjoyed it.  It was an extremely easy edit to make (about 45 minutes in total - aside from rendering and uploading).  I'll be much more interested to hear what people think of my other fan-edits, which are extensive to say the least.  I'm currently putting together a re-edit of the very disappointing 'Blair Witch' (2016).  For those who would care to see that, I'll leave a link to it on this forum when I've finished the edit.

though theyre small technical adjustments, the effect is great

dead up for checking these out! im guessing its hard to upload these anywhere with out them getting taken down? do you post them anywhere or do you just gotta google drive them all secret like?

St_Eddie

Quote from: spamwangler on April 29, 2017, 10:32:48 PM
though theyre small technical adjustments, the effect is great

Again; thank you.  Even though I make these fan-edits for myself primarily, it's always an absolute joy when others enjoy the fruits of my labour as much as I do.  In that respect, it's pretty much the exact opposite of proud parents sharing photos of their newborn baby.  Nobody else enjoys that shit!

Quote from: spamwangler on April 29, 2017, 10:32:48 PMim guessing its hard to upload these anywhere with out them getting taken down? do you post them anywhere or do you just gotta google drive them all secret like?

Aye, it's a right pain in the anus to find a secure place to upload these fan-edits to.  Thus far, Google Drive is the only storage network which I've found that doesn't instantly hit me with a takedown notice.  My advice to those who take an interest in my edits, is to download them to your hard drive.  There's no telling how long they'll last online before being taking down due to the killjoy legalese of corporate suits.  There are dedicated sites for fan-edits but trying to download from them is at least as complicated as using torrents and I'm all about ease of use.  Partially for simplicity reasons but mostly because I'm beyond the point of lazy.

Replies From View

I've heard that the Hobbit trilogy is unreasonably long and bloated, and could do with being edited down to one film.