Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:42:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Veep (Season 6)

Started by Straight Faced Customer, April 26, 2017, 09:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ant Farm Keyboard

Quote from: olliebean on May 03, 2017, 11:46:28 PM
I found it amusing that the horrible disfigurement he was supposed to have suffered turned out to be just Fry's normal face with a bit of purple makeup on it.

If anybody thinks it was cartoonish, let me remind you that it was actually taken from the news.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17570-skin-growths-saved-poisoned-ukrainian-president/

RenegadeScrew

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 04, 2017, 09:01:16 AM
Horses fuck horses.

I don't think it's fair to compare VEEP to the greatest ever British sitcom.

You plonker.

BlodwynPig

Will Jonah become Prez in the final episode, mirroring somewhat the Trump victory?

phantom_power

I think we can all agree that Richard is awesome. The way Jonah tries to insult him and it just washes off is great, as is him coming to Jonah's rescue at the end. I think we all need to be more like Richard

WWRSD

zomgmouse

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 06, 2017, 12:49:24 PM
Will Jonah become Prez in the final episode, mirroring somewhat the Trump victory?

I kinda thought their Trump commentary was encapsulated in Baseball Guy from whichever previous season he was in.

Neomod

They really were bordering on making Selena thoroughly dislikeable in that last episode. I know she's always been self absorbed but jeez, would she really give her ill personal assistant a rotten sarnie?

No Sue I notice[nb]maybe she read the scripts[/nb] and is it me or has Catherine got a bit .. erm.. hotter this season.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Neomod on May 09, 2017, 01:11:55 PM
They really were bordering on making Selena thoroughly dislikeable in that last episode. I know she's always been self absorbed but jeez, would she really give her ill personal assistant a rotten sarnie?

No Sue I notice[nb]maybe she read the scripts[/nb] and is it me or has Catherine got a bit .. erm.. hotter this season.

Fuller hair, lip gloss, hint of mascara.

Straight Faced Customer

Obvious I know, but this Justice ep seems like someone had a quiet word the the writing team that something was astray. I mean, they've already ditched that absolutely ridiculous subplot of Dan as a sperm donor, and it only took one scene.

(Really, was that the best they could come up with to tie this new 'TV host version' of Dan back into the Meyer fold? It's like Jason Bateman asking Tobias to be his best man or something on Arrested).

up_the_hampipe

Where is Sue? Apparently she took time off for personal reasons. There was also a recent picture of her that made me assume some things. But I hope she comes back as she was one of the better characters.

Repeater

What did you assume? Pregnant?

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Repeater on May 15, 2017, 08:00:53 AM
What did you assume? Pregnant?

Nah, not that. Decide for yourself:

Repeater

Oh my god, hope she's ok :((((

Mr Faineant

Did you decide that she was busy being a black Kellyanne Conway?

phantom_power

I think contrary to what a few people have stated above, these writers have a really good grasp of the characters and how they would react in a given circumstance. Jonah's outburst revealing the hardships he has faced was spot-on. It does seem they are deliberately making Selina less likeable as well.

Richard Splett remains the highlight for me though. His chirpy obliviousness will never get old.

Neomod

Shame there was no reference to Uncle George's trivial pursuit playing ill son.

Straight Faced Customer

Cracking ep this week. The post-orgasm phonecall between Jonad and Splett was - and I have never used this word before - absolutely adorable.

phantom_power

It was the most adorable post-sex, post-wank bragging scene EVER!

Dr Rock

Shit, do I have to start watching this again? The drop off on the first episode was so huge I gave up. Is it really worth my precious time?

Mobius

I've been rewatching older eps along with the new ones and I don't think they're any less funny. The first episode wasn't the greatest but it's been just as good as ever I reckon.

zomgmouse

Quote from: phantom_power on May 16, 2017, 10:13:56 AM
Richard Splett remains the highlight for me though. His chirpy obliviousness will never get old.

This got wiped post-hack but I posted about the "No this is Richard Splett?" phone call cracking me up alone in my house. I'm still thinking back to it. Great bit.

backdrifter

Quote from: zomgmouse on May 17, 2017, 02:19:06 AM
This got wiped post-hack but I posted about the "No this is Richard Splett?" phone call cracking me up alone in my house. I'm still thinking back to it. Great bit.

Agreed. Probably my favourite single moment of the season so far.

phantom_power

His masturbation confusion is great as well. "How will I know when I'm done?", and that it is the devil's work, like microwaves and laughter

Repeater

i mean, it's the same character as the guy from 30 rock, so...

phantom_power

Which character from 30 Rock? Kenneth? Nowhere near

BritishHobo

I'm gonna have to catch up with this, aren't I? Bums. I really didn't get on with the first two episodes but if any show's earned the benefit of the doubt, it's this.

Repeater

Quote from: phantom_power on May 18, 2017, 07:04:36 PM
Which character from 30 Rock? Kenneth? Nowhere near

That scene could've been Kennyboy, don't delude yersel.

phantom_power

Nah. They share similar traits but Richard is much more innocent and Kenneth more creepy

Repeater

zomgmouse

Pretty solid episode this (last) week I thought. Also there's a one-week break which I only realised after madly trying to find the latest episode and then figuring out there isn't one.

Dr Rock

I've started watching again. The first episode seemed really off, but it's getting better as it goes along.