Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:25:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'(Hey You) The Rock Steady Crew' vs 'Give It Up'

Started by the science eel, April 29, 2017, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUMP ABOUT

(Hey You) The Rock Steady Crew
18 (75%)
Give It Up
6 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 24

phantom_power

Quote from: bim sherman shirts on April 30, 2017, 07:49:36 PM
In what way is Buffalo Stance not hip hop? It has rapping, sampling and scratching on it.

I imagine there is an Ed Sheeran song with those things in but it doesn't make it hip-hop. Not that artificial labels mean much anyway. Whether or not Buffalo Stance is hip-hop or not doesn't stop it being a great record

darby o chill

Quote from: Mr Banlon on April 29, 2017, 09:51:50 PM
I used to well fancy Baby Love from Rocksteady when I was 13. She's still blummin lovely.
Didn't we all. Yeah she's still gorgeous. Rocksteady album was remastered with bonus tracks couple years back. 'Digital Boogie' is an underrated electro classic.
Nice to see Keymatic get mentioned here, guess this place is full of ex b-boys & writers.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: phantom_power on May 02, 2017, 10:14:55 AM
I imagine there is an Ed Sheeran song with those things in but it doesn't make it hip-hop. Not that artificial labels mean much anyway. Whether or not Buffalo Stance is hip-hop or not doesn't stop it being a great record

Truth

Quote from: phantom_power on May 02, 2017, 10:14:55 AM

That's not fair, you've invoked Sheeran's Law.

Fonz

Great thread.

Glad my first CaB post could be a part of it

the science eel

Oh it's YOU!

I was going to say - not like CaBers to be friendly :)

jobotic

Quote from: Mr Banlon on April 30, 2017, 12:19:05 AM
Funnily enough[nb]Not remotely funny[/nb] KC & the Sunshine Band's 'Let It Go'  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji1UHOqBR0A  is still a B-Boy classic, whereas 'Hey You !' isn't at all.

Finally remembered why I know that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyCxVKK9Jl4

monkfromhavana

I suppose any tune that contains a classic break used on x amount of hip-hop tunes is always going to be more "real" than stuff like The Rock Steady Crew, it's not that fair to compare them.

Fonz

Quote from: the science eel on May 15, 2017, 07:08:21 PM
Oh it's YOU!

I was going to say - not like CaBers to be friendly :)

I thought I'd come and see how other people live.

Maybe start a couple of Zappa threads.

Also getting into James Last, at last.
Easy listening. Good stuff.