Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:26:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

the WORST SONG EVAH

Started by the science eel, April 30, 2017, 09:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choose three

Skunk Anansie - Selling Jesus
4 (6.2%)
Dire Straits - Walk of Life
5 (7.7%)
Deep Blue Something - Breakfast At Tiffany's
17 (26.2%)
4 Non Blondes - What's Up?
19 (29.2%)
The Beautiful South - Song For Whoever
2 (3.1%)
Shania Twain - Man! I Feel Like A Woman
6 (9.2%)
Foo Fighters - The Best Of Me
7 (10.8%)
Genesis - Invisible Touch
3 (4.6%)
Chris de Burgh - Don't Pay The Ferryman
5 (7.7%)
Guns 'n' Roses - Knockin' On Heaven's Door
7 (10.8%)
Nickelback - Rockstar
27 (41.5%)
Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
33 (50.8%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: PaulTMA on May 01, 2017, 02:02:21 PM
I think you'll find we have to endure them every fortnight

It's quite easy to not click on a thread and read a different one though

the science eel

Some people feel they have to tolerate the sheer HELL of looking at threads which were, in slightly different forms, repeated in the past, just so they can complain about them.

I suppose it beats watching telly.

To them.

greenman

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 01, 2017, 04:25:34 PM
The Beatles - Hey Jude

Surely whatever your opinion on it this can't be the worst with Oasis's All Around The World existing.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: the science eel on May 01, 2017, 06:25:25 PM
Some people feel they have to tolerate the sheer HELL of looking at threads which were, in slightly different forms, repeated in the past, just so they can complain about them.

To them.

If I don't want to read a thread I simply don't click on it. It astounds me that some can't accept the simplicity of that. It's good to repeat thread themes as we get new members all the time and it's nice to get many different opinions.

Anyway I love this thread because I get to say.... FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFF! KINGS OF LEON AND EVERYTHING THEY DO! (Caps lock intentional)

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: greenman on May 01, 2017, 06:54:50 PM
Surely whatever your opinion on it this can't be the worst with Oasis's All Around The World existing.

I still quite like the na na na na na end thing on Hey Jude.

wosl

I have chosen not to select any options.

Nowhere Man

Hey Jude and Shiny Happy People aren't even real options, that would just be daft. The only reason would be through overexposure, and even then the likes of Bohemian Rhapsody and Mr Blue Sky would probably have them beat.

the ouch cube

Quote from: purlieu on April 30, 2017, 11:43:49 PM
Cunt off, cunt.

Shan't.

Weedy melody, nauseating sentimentality, macho self-pity, horrible "comedians" involved, everything repulsive about the sullen ox of the English populace distilled into a four minute emetic.

purlieu

Nah, great tune. I don't even like football.

I realised what my all time most hated song is: Place Your Hands by Reef.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: greenman on May 01, 2017, 06:54:50 PM

Not heard that one

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Nowhere Man on May 01, 2017, 08:05:08 PM
Hey Jude and Shiny Happy People aren't even real options, that would just be daft. The only reason would be through overexposure, and even then the likes of Bohemian Rhapsody and Mr Blue Sky would probably have them beat.

Hey Jude

Jockice

Quote from: Nowhere Man on May 01, 2017, 08:05:08 PM

Shiny Happy People.

wosl

A song about happy people, with possible ironic overtones (check out in the vid: the wind-up drumming monkeys at the start with their fixed smiles; the sunny scrolling backdrop that Stipe and the kids are frugging in front of being driven by a scunnered-looking old geezer pedalling behind it; a painted aeroplane on said backdrop with a plume of smoke coming out of it that appears to be entering a stall).  There's a terrific three-way vocal divvy up on the chorus. It features the wonderful pipes of Kate Pierson. Great bit of pop art.  Nowhere near R.E.M.'s worst song, let alone the WORST SONG EVAH.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: the science eel on May 01, 2017, 01:08:31 PM
Cynical?

I remember when I was 15 and my mates would harp on about U2 and The Smiths being 'real music' 'cos they used guitars. Like, anything with synths was 'plastic' and not 'authentic'.

This is on that level. Adolescent sneering.

So, why are you replicating this boring studenty attitude three decades on?

the science eel

I do not know what you are talking about.

Sydward Lartle

Kings of Leon are apparently horrible people, as well as a massively overrated band.

Back to this discussion and Firestarter by the Prodigy makes me want to tear my eardrums out and stamp on them.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: the science eel on May 02, 2017, 12:40:13 AM
I do not know what you are talking about.

Your open-minded, positive and progressive loveliness, baby!

PaulTMA

Quote from: the science eel on May 01, 2017, 06:25:25 PM

To them.

When 'the past' is mere weeks ago, the seemingly never-ending loop of 'wost song evah' threads citing the same tedious examples is of scant use to anyone.  I  fully appreciate a new generation of people who somewhat outrageously don't think Kings Of Leon are geniuses have been gagging for their previously-deprived opportunity to say that 'Breakfast At Tiffany's' and  Eiffel 65's 'Blue' are not actually good, but actually shit for cunts, will continue to spawn every month with unstoppable regularity.  Not "sheer hell", precisely, just boring as fuck imo but you go for your wee lives if it truly does makes you happy.

Golden E. Pump

Kate Nash - Foundations

Every time.

greenman

I thought we'd all agreed awhile ago it was Sandi Thom - I Wish I Was a Punk Rocker With Flowers in My Hair

Dr Syntax Head

Dr Syntax Head

Fucking Kings of Leon! Horrible in every way.

the science eel

Quote from: PaulTMA on May 02, 2017, 05:15:51 PM
When 'the past' is mere weeks ago, the seemingly never-ending loop of 'wost song evah' threads citing the same tedious examples is of scant use to anyone.  I  fully appreciate a new generation of people who somewhat outrageously don't think Kings Of Leon are geniuses have been gagging for their previously-deprived opportunity to say that 'Breakfast At Tiffany's' and  Eiffel 65's 'Blue' are not actually good, but actually shit for cunts, will continue to spawn every month with unstoppable regularity.  Not "sheer hell", precisely, just boring as fuck imo but you go for your wee lives if it truly does makes you happy.

What is in fact much MORE boring is posts like this. Especially when they're full of poncey shit like 'scant', 'tedious', 'deprived' and 'spawn'.

Unhappy, bored wanker looking down on every single fucking thing like a flowery-arsed cunt.

Dr Magus

DANCING IN THE ABSOLUTE BASTARDING FUCKING MOONLIGHT CUNT

Icehaven

I like 50% of the songs on that list. Still managed to find 3 to vote for though. I'm going to presume M People are only missing because you couldn't decide which of their 'songs' to include, so spoilt for choice you were.
And good call whoever mentioned Sandi Thom, although bad call for reminding me that she and that song exist.

the science eel

After that 4 Non Blondes nightmare, Skunk Anansie is the worst thing there because it THINKS it's clever and it's absolutely fucking idiotic. And there's nothing there musically at all.

There was a time - thankfully relatively brief - when their shouty sixth-form shit was praised by the musical press. And 'Skin' was seen as some kind of sex symbol.1

I'm disappointed it doesn't have more votes.

1. the alliteration was inadvertent

gmoney

Dire Straits - Walk of Life
Deep Blue Something - Breakfast At Tiffany's
The Beautiful South - Song For Whoever
Genesis - Invisible Touch
Chris de Burgh - Don't Pay The Ferryman

All good songs. Especially Invisible Touch. 

SavageHedgehog

I suspect age plays a part (I was 9), but I don't think I'll ever quite understand why people hate Breakfast at Tiffany's so much. It's airless in that slightly plastic style typical of American "College Rock" of the time, but I have a soft spot for that style. I get that liking the same film isn't a good reason to stay in a relationship, but I always thought that made the song kind of, I don't enigmatic? I like the melody anyway.