Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:56:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

the WORST SONG EVAH

Started by the science eel, April 30, 2017, 09:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choose three

Skunk Anansie - Selling Jesus
4 (6.2%)
Dire Straits - Walk of Life
5 (7.7%)
Deep Blue Something - Breakfast At Tiffany's
17 (26.2%)
4 Non Blondes - What's Up?
19 (29.2%)
The Beautiful South - Song For Whoever
2 (3.1%)
Shania Twain - Man! I Feel Like A Woman
6 (9.2%)
Foo Fighters - The Best Of Me
7 (10.8%)
Genesis - Invisible Touch
3 (4.6%)
Chris de Burgh - Don't Pay The Ferryman
5 (7.7%)
Guns 'n' Roses - Knockin' On Heaven's Door
7 (10.8%)
Nickelback - Rockstar
27 (41.5%)
Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
33 (50.8%)

Total Members Voted: 65

smudge1971

If Breakfast At Tiffany's was by some knowing, arch pop band like Beautiful South (crap) or Pet shop Boys (less crap) then the fact that the verse is reasonably coherent and catchy yet the chorus is the biggest fucking disaster area since Joan Crawford's cunt might be excusable as a jape, but it is basically a splodge of dull conversation and not-rhyming bollocks that doesn't scan. And thinks it is clever and literate. Winnit Soup.

I said "what about a new page?"
and you said"well, I'm not in a strop,
some one has to do it" and I
said "but I'm a noob
with a pair of bitch tits"
And you said "well, it takes a piece of wool to make a mitten"

checkoutgirl

I'm moving away from moaning all the time as I rapidly approach 40, I don't have the energy for it anymore. But I was inspired by a song I heard in the Chinese restaurant I was in on Friday. The song is like torture to me in that it vaguely sounds like a guy being tortured. I give you

John Legend - All of Me.

The worst song I've heard in years. I'll leave it there.

checkoutgirl

Pure hatred for John Legend.

Every time one of these threads crop up - and it is often - I feel compelled to mention DJ Otzi's 'Hey Baby (Ooh Ahh)', and assume that the admin will come along at some point and delete any replies after mine and lock the thread.

DJ Otzi's 'Hey Baby (Ooh Ahh)'.  There is not a single redeeming feature of this fucking thing.

the science eel

'Selling Jesus' is worse. Really.

Camp Tramp

I can't stand Skin's voice, that 4 Non Blondes song was a mediocre hit played to death from a really bad album, Feel Like A Woman just annoyed me.

There are many worse songs though.

Bronzy

Take your pick from The Shaggs' only album, Philosophy of The World. Generally considered one of the worst albums of all time, it's bad beyond belief.

Two personal favourites are the eponymous track and My Pal Foot Foot. Just awful.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hxPsXPCR5MU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9d4ESlpHY

Repeater

Looking back on it, Word Up is so transparently try-hard, it's almost a pastiche of what music executives think grunge is. It's cynical, catchy, coying, just, just stomach turning. Hate it.

Repeater

Irony being yer lead singer wrote a really good album about being an alky.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Never heard of these guys before so I didn't think it was worth making a whole new thread but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9FzVhw8_bY

This came up as a suggested video the other day and 20 seconds in I want them all dead. That fucking whistling intro, those pricks doing that stupid dance. And just the general look of them...like groomsmen at a painfully twee, rustic wedding. Fuck them.

the science eel

oh, I forgot this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU31h-oddAs

FUCK!

what were they trying to do? seriously?

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: the science eel on May 07, 2017, 02:20:29 PM
After that 4 Non Blondes nightmare, Skunk Anansie is the worst thing there because it THINKS it's clever and it's absolutely fucking idiotic. And there's nothing there musically at all.

There was a time - thankfully relatively brief - when their shouty sixth-form shit was praised by the musical press. And 'Skin' was seen as some kind of sex symbol.1

I'm disappointed it doesn't have more votes.

1. the alliteration was inadvertent

I vote for this too. Because shamefully back in may post grunge days before I finally let go of the fact that earnest guitar rock was all there was to music, I bought the first album. Admittedly the musicianship of all of them that weren't skin was top notch but looking back post grunge by numbers. So many of those bands I wasted time on. Bush being the only one of those that I can listen to now, they were genuinely a good band. Thank fuck for that time I impulse bought A Storm in Heaven.